Author Topic: Need bloodwork asap in Nor Cal / blood test levels  (Read 2012 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Need bloodwork asap in Nor Cal / blood test levels
« on: June 30, 2009, 01:09:09 PM »

I've been making calls to all the 'name' facilities, but none will allow me to walk in and request my own labs (with the exception of blood sugar, total cholesterol, or pregnancy). 

Does anyone have suggestions on how I might usurp the system?  Since I know what I need, I just want to be able to walk into a lab, get them to draw what I want, and then have those results ready for the doctor when I have my physical. 

Thanks.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
Re: Need bloodwork ASAP - northern CA
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 01:30:35 PM »
Just ask the doctor to order the bloodwork for you.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 02:04:40 PM »
Tre-you will need a script to order blood work for anything other than what you mentioned.  If your doc wont do it for you, there is a service on the net that will.  Google is your friend.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 02:05:58 PM »
just ask your doc, dude

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 02:53:38 PM »
You don't need to go see a doctor. Simply go to www.directlabs.com From there you can order pretty much any and every test imaginable. Once you complete your order, they will email you the requisition form the following day. Print that out and take it into any LabCorp. A few days later they'll email you letting you know your results are ready. Log back into the website to get them.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 04:32:43 PM »
I've been making calls to all the 'name' facilities, but none will allow me to walk in and request my own labs (with the exception of blood sugar, total cholesterol, or pregnancy). 

Does anyone have suggestions on how I might usurp the system?  Since I know what I need, I just want to be able to walk into a lab, get them to draw what I want, and then have those results ready for the doctor when I have my physical. 

Thanks.

hahah those roids working for you champ?!?  :D :D :D :D :D

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 04:35:56 PM »
Why the fuck do they hassle a person so bad to get bloodwork?
S

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 06:17:53 PM »

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 06:31:09 PM »

Thanks.

www.lef.org

edit:  I didn't see BFP had already posted this (and linked directly to the blood testing section).  You can order pretty much any test you want through the Life Extension Foundation. 

Ron: "I am lazy."

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 01:23:28 PM »

Thanks so much, guys.  Good to know that such resources do exist.  I just thought it was absolutely insane that most of the labs around here would *require* me to see a doctor before they'd draw labs.  I'm not on a fixed income or anything, but why waste the money on an extra doctor's visit I don't need?  I'm going to get a physical anyway, but I intend for this to be a one-stop deal for me. 

There's a Labcorp location about 15 minutes from here, so I'm good to go.  :)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 01:25:41 PM »
Thanks so much, guys.  Good to know that such resources do exist.  I just thought it was absolutely insane that most of the labs around here would *require* me to see a doctor before they'd draw labs.  I'm not on a fixed income or anything, but why waste the money on an extra doctor's visit I don't need?  I'm going to get a physical anyway, but I intend for this to be a one-stop deal for me. 

There's a Labcorp location about 15 minutes from here, so I'm good to go.  :)

Let us know what your cycle is gonna look like...

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
blood tests?
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 04:01:26 PM »
What should my natural test level be at?  33 Years old...

I had my doctor add it to my bloodwork just to see where i'm at.  Someone else said for my age between 500 and 1100 ng/dl would be good.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Re: blood tests?
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 07:38:52 PM »
yes, thats pretty accurate i think. you also need to check your free test level

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 07:54:18 PM »
just fyi, if he does a swab of your mouth, your sperm count should be zero.
Deep Tissue Massage

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 08:53:56 PM »
 ;D
Gracie Rules

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 10:59:37 PM »
Just ask the doctor to order the bloodwork for you.

Sounds strange, I know, but I don't have a doctor.  I've always been healthy (except when I got fat, of course), but unless my cholesterol is out of control from all the red meat I eat, I'm probably in decent shape internally.  But, since it's been 10 years, I should probably get checked out. 

hahah those roids working for you champ?!?  :D :D :D :D :D

LOL!!  C'mon now, you know that schmoes can't use steroids.  If I get bigger and stronger than the girls, it'll ruin all my schmoe fantasies. ;)  Plus, it would be a clear violation of the Schmoe Code and I already got placed on probation and downgraded to 'Tier-3 Schmoe' this year just for working out and asking for nutrition and supplementation advice. 

I started using some legal shit earlier this year, but it's tough to know whether it's given me much help.  I *think* it's working, but I also know that I've been working my ass off in the gym and staying very true to the nutrition...with the exception of that little Payday (and trail mix!) habit I used to have.  I guess the fact that I could eat 2 Paydays a day without getting fat as shit means that stuff I got must've worked. lol