Author Topic: Rush: MJ 'flourished' under Reagan, 'died' under Obama  (Read 1759 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Rush: MJ 'flourished' under Reagan, 'died' under Obama
« on: July 01, 2009, 09:25:22 PM »
 ???

Did Democratic presidents kill Michael Jackson? It appears that Rush Limbaugh may think so.

“I have an observation about this Jackson thing,” Limbaugh began on his radio show Wednesday. “Jackson’s success paralleled the rebound of the United States under [Reagan]. Jackson’s biggest successes took place the in 80s … He flourished under Reagan, he languished under Clinton [and] Bush, and he died under Obama.”

Then he added, cryptically: “Let’s hope this parallel does not continue.”

Arguing, presumably, with his producer off-screen, Limbaugh asked: “What about what I said is not true?”

And then, as if turning Jackson’s death into a partisan issue wasn’t enough, Limbaugh went after the race angle.

“Michael Jackson died during the era of the first black president,” he said. “How about if I say it that way?”

The following clip is from The Rush Limbaugh Show (via Media Matters), broadcast July 1, 2009.

http://mediamatters.org/

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Re: Rush: MJ 'flourished' under Reagan, 'died' under Obama
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 09:56:21 PM »
???

Did Democratic presidents kill Michael Jackson? It appears that Rush Limbaugh may think so.

“I have an observation about this Jackson thing,” Limbaugh began on his radio show Wednesday. “Jackson’s success paralleled the rebound of the United States under [Reagan]. Jackson’s biggest successes took place the in 80s … He flourished under Reagan, he languished under Clinton [and] Bush, and he died under Obama.”

Arguing, presumably, with his producer off-screen, Limbaugh asked: “What about what I said is not true?”

And then, as if turning Jackson’s death into a partisan issue wasn’t enough, Limbaugh went after the race angle.

“Michael Jackson died during the era of the first black president,” he said. “How about if I say it that way?”

The following clip is from The Rush Limbaugh Show (via Media Matters), broadcast July 1, 2009.

Rush makes non-serious cracks about nothing all the time.

So now that you're a lib you're gonna fret about every silly thing Rush says. 

Alex23

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 09:59:21 PM »
Rush makes non-serious cracks about nothing all the time.
So now that you're a lib you're gonna fret about every silly thing Rush says. 

I'm predicting an 80's like rebound starting in about 6-12 months... a pop culture "re-globalization" via new media and technology; lead of course by the US.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 11:36:17 PM »
Any idea when we as a country are planning on updating our internet infrastructure?  Comcast just rolled in the 50 mbit/s connection in my area, and its really nothing special.  I'm looking forward to having a 50 MB/s connection.  When do you think that will become a reality?

Alex23

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 12:49:26 AM »
Any idea when we as a country are planning on updating our internet infrastructure?  Comcast just rolled in the 50 mbit/s connection in my area, and its really nothing special.  I'm looking forward to having a 50 MB/s connection.  When do you think that will become a reality?

18-24 months in urban areas is my guess; they are rolling in same speed ranges here with COX... the backbone is pretty much in place to support such a huge pipe, it's the loose ends that need upgrading, "neighbourhood" base stations and switches.

Not many people know that but there is a "internet2" available these days, mainly based on ATM instead of IP4. Many of our big customers use between their data centers and backup sites (Walmart and NORAD being the 2 biggest I can think of). We're talking 10-50 gigabit and even petabit on some segments.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 02:10:23 AM »
I've been reading up on ATM connections for a while, and it doesn't make any sense why we aren't already using it.  I mean tcp/ip is like taking a flight across the country with ten layovers, and ATM is like having a constantly moving superfast train that goes directly where you want. 

I've read some articles from as far back as 1998 about ATM, why did we( i say we, I mean as a whole industry) chose to go the tcp/ip route?

18-24 months in urban areas is my guess; they are rolling in same speed ranges here with COX... the backbone is pretty much in place to support such a huge pipe, it's the loose ends that need upgrading, "neighbourhood" base stations and switches.

Not many people know that but there is a "internet2" available these days, mainly based on ATM instead of IP4. Many of our big customers use between their data centers and backup sites (Walmart and NORAD being the 2 biggest I can think of). We're talking 10-50 gigabit and even petabit on some segments.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 03:18:50 AM »
???

So Rush thinks Jackson, a grown up man who had thing for being friends with young boys, flourished under Reagan.

Great logic. ::)
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 03:22:00 AM »

So Rush thinks Jackson, a grown up man who had thing for being friends with young boys, flourished under Reagan.

Great logic. ::)
hahahhaha... good reverse ownage!!!!!!!!!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 06:22:59 AM »
Rush, as always is a complete tool bag.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 07:15:43 AM »
???

As is always the case with 240 and Luker,libs with ZERO sense of humor,no sense of irony.It was a goof.This is like disecting what Stern says and trying to put a serious tone to it.Rush was being sarcastic,but as usual,think skinned,limp wristed half fags try to get offended by it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 07:18:43 AM »
As is always the case with 240 and Luker,libs with ZERO sense of humor

I see.  You find MJ's death to be funny.  Great.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 07:23:22 AM »
I see.  You find MJ's death to be funny.  Great.

I dont find it funny or sad or anything else.The guy lived the life of a king for 50 years.Am I supposed to cry because he died?Id cry harder for some schmuck who had to work three jobs and lived in the shadows for 50 years before Id cry over that "guy".

Maybe I should be like Jaimee Foxx and start ranting about "THIS BLACK MAN IS OURS".A guy who stained his skin white,put a pointy nose on his face,a cleft chin,cheekbones,married two white women,had nothing but white friends.Sorry,Im not upset over a little freaks death.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 07:25:30 AM »
I remember Jackson, back in the 80's.

He came over here to Sweden for a concert.

He also rented Sweden's biggest theme park.

Reason?

Because Jackson and the then-12-year-old Anton Glanzelius, child star of the international Swedish movie hit "My life as a dog" was going there to "play".

He did the same shit to Mac Culkin too.

Both guys got dropped once they hit puberty.

And Rush somehow connects this with Reagan's time as a president?

Jacko "flourished" because of Reagan?

Say....what? ::)
As empty as paradise

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 07:39:48 AM »
I remember Jackson, back in the 80's.

He came over here to Sweden for a concert.

He also rented Sweden's biggest theme park.

Reason?

Because Jackson and the then-12-year-old Anton Glanzelius, child star of the international Swedish movie hit "My life as a dog" was going there to "play".

He did the same shit to Mac Culkin too.

Both guys got dropped once they hit puberty.

And Rush somehow connects this with Reagan's time as a president?

Jacko "flourished" because of Reagan?

Say....what? ::)

The joke was exactly that.Its like me saying Chicago sucks because of Obama.Its a  goof.jUST LIKE HE SAID OBAMA KILLED THE PIRATES BECAUSE THEY WERE BLACK TEENAGERS.Its said tongue in cheek to make Obama and the media look goofy as they try to take credit for anything good but pass blame on anything bad.So Rush said "MJ did great under Reagan but died under Obama" its a goof.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 07:42:33 AM »
Its like me saying Chicago sucks because of Obama.Its a  goof.

You spent a lot of time and posts on this 'goof'. 

You passionately delivered sources and quotes and statistics.

Now, you were just goofin us all along?

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 07:48:41 AM »
Looks like Rush wins again.

Even random people on bodybuilding internet message boards can't stop talking about it.

Rush is in many peoples heads.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 08:46:29 AM »
???

So given Rush's logic, or lack thereof, Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays, Ricardo Mantalban, James Brady, Natasha Richardson, Dom Deluise, Bea Arthur, Jack Kemp, Ed McMahon, Fred Travalena, etc etc can all blame Obama for DYING  in 2009 and all of them FLOURISHED during the Reagan era

Where is the assassin for Rush? Maybe Pat Robertson should make the call for someone to put the drugged out whale to an end.
C

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 08:50:11 AM »
Maybe u should die in a fire.
L

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 08:59:02 AM »
You spent a lot of time and posts on this 'goof'. 

You passionately delivered sources and quotes and statistics.

Now, you were just goofin us all along?

Obama is a failure.He did NOTHING in Chicago and the idea that he "organised it" is a joke.However,Chicage was a shithole long before him.He left it in worse shape then he found it,but to say he is to blame for that communities situation is foolish.It was a shit hole,is a shit hole and will be a shithole,just like all cities that are ruled by democrats are shitholes.

The same with the country.The economy was sinking,he just made it MUCH worse,but the whole thing isnt his fault.He will do NOTHING to help it but he cant be blamed for the entire thing.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 11:01:15 AM »
The joke was exactly that.Its like me saying Chicago sucks because of Obama.Its a  goof.jUST LIKE HE SAID OBAMA KILLED THE PIRATES BECAUSE THEY WERE BLACK TEENAGERS.Its said tongue in cheek to make Obama and the media look goofy as they try to take credit for anything good but pass blame on anything bad.So Rush said "MJ did great under Reagan but died under Obama" its a goof.

Gotcha.
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 11:36:58 AM »
Looks like Rush wins again.

Even random people on bodybuilding internet message boards can't stop talking about it.

Rush is in many peoples heads.

True.  That's why he is a master at what he does. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 11:46:09 AM »
Maybe u should die in a fire.

I'll take it you SUBSCRIBE to the RUSH MINDSET...lololol at you.

C

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 04:23:56 PM »
I heard that MJ is going to be recycled into a grocery bag. That way he can stay white, plastic, and dangerous to small children.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 05:12:22 PM »
True.  That's why he is a master at what he does. 

Rush absolutely owns many minds on this board and in the media, in general.

"He sucks, he's an ass, he's ignorant!".......yet so many people who "hate" him hang on his every word and discuss it ad nausem.

Funny and pathetic at the same time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 05:23:10 PM »
Rush absolutely owns many minds on this board and in the media, in general.

"He sucks, he's an ass, he's ignorant!".......yet so many people who "hate" him hang on his every word and discuss it ad nausem.

Funny and pathetic at the same time.

Give Rush his props.  Despite his pleading to drug charges and whatnot, he's still the face of the Republican party.