Author Topic: Which is better?  (Read 853 times)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Which is better?
« on: July 01, 2009, 10:55:11 PM »
It seems like every big wig from corporate I meet is mid-fifties, 250lbs, and about 3 inches away from a stroke.  I'm 25, decent body and hoping to work my way up.

Is it better to be grossly unhealthy making $350k plus per year or pretty fit making barely enough to afford a house payment?

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
Re: Which is better?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 10:59:03 PM »
i think most people worth their weight in salt would find a way to strike some kind of balance between these two extremities.........but happiness is compleatly contingent on the individual, i.e. what it most important to you.

Alex23

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 11:03:04 PM »
It seems like every big wig from corporate I meet is mid-fifties, 250lbs, and about 3 inches away from a stroke.  I'm 25, decent body and hoping to work my way up. Is it better to be grossly unhealthy making $350k plus per year or pretty fit making barely enough to afford a house payment?

I see what you mean but working blindly harder to "make" 300k+ year is myth.

Work your way up but not relying solely on a salary all your life is the key.

I have friends who make as much as I do and are pay check to paycheck.

I have friends who only make 90-110k and have more assets than I do.... bought properties or started their own company.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 11:04:31 PM »
it's the stress of the job that they're like that

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 11:05:11 PM »
I see what you mean but working blindly harder to "make" 300k+ year is myth.

Work your way up but not relying solely on a salary all your life is the key.

I have friends who make as much as I do and are pay check to paycheck.

I have friends who only make 90-110k and have more assets than I do.... bought properties or started their own company.

I'm not like that.  I've always been smart with money (it's the jew gene ;D).

I'd love to start my own biz but I'm petrified, to be honest.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 11:06:53 PM »
it's the stress of the job that they're like that

No way.  Corporate getaways, bonuses, and meet-and-greets are these guys' lives.  It really fails me that they're 50+ and it took them that long to get there. 

Alex23

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 11:09:37 PM »
I'm not like that.  I've always been smart with money (it's the jew gene ;D).
I'd love to start my own biz but I'm petrified, to be honest.

Well it doesn't have to be "all or nothing" and have to quit your job & all... not nowadays.

As simple as a good friend of mine; he bought a car wash; sounds stupid but he clears about 7k/month; still has his day job...

I helped a good friend start/work on this http://www.pathsolutions.com/, Still have his It director job and sells about 12k of licenses a month; works on it on the weekends, nights and hire contractors to do the head work..

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 11:11:38 PM »
Well it doesn't have to be "all or nothing" and have to quit your job & all... not nowadays.

As simple as a good friend of mine; he bought a car wash; sounds stupid but he clears about 7k/month; still has his day job...

I helped a good friend start/work on this http://www.pathsolutions.com/, Still have his It director job and sells about 12k of licenses a month; works on it on the weekends, nights and hire contractors to do the head work..

That's a dream for me.  I'm looking at coin laundries but I don't have enough capital yet.  Knowing what I know I could live like a king for $90K/year.

Alex23

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 11:13:58 PM »
That's a dream for me.  I'm looking at coin laundries but I don't have enough capital yet.  Knowing what I know I could live like a king for $90K/year.

You would be surprised how easy it is to capital, even today; there are allways ways, especially for low risk operations like coin laundry...

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 11:18:30 PM »
You would be surprised how easy it is to capital, even today; there are allways ways, especially for low risk operations like coin laundry...

With banks on their lending hold I'm not so sure.  I'm hoping to find a mentor.  I know nothing about starting a biz but I'm almost desperate now.  I'm not the type to be satisfied making less than that $90k for the rest of my life.  Financial independence isn't something I've seen first hand from anyone.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 11:20:15 PM »
With banks on their lending hold I'm not so sure.  I'm hoping to find a mentor.  I know nothing about starting a biz but I'm almost desperate now.  I'm not the type to be satisfied making less than that $90k for the rest of my life.  Financial independence isn't something I've seen first hand from anyone.

it's easy once you get going.

fuck the mentor learn shit on your own.

Alex23

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 11:22:22 PM »
fuck the mentor learn shit on your own.

X2.

Best thing is to talk to current or part business owners.

Then learn by your own mistakes ;D

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 01:41:57 AM »
MB, is this what you refer to?

"Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions -- everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses." -- Juvenal, Roman Satirist

I just came across this article yesterday.

http://www.realitysandwich.com/bread_and_circuses
~