Author Topic: NBA Free Agency and Trades  (Read 3931 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
NBA Free Agency and Trades
« on: July 02, 2009, 05:58:31 PM »
The Lakers are going to sign Artest.   :o  I really like Ariza, but Artest is an upgrade over Ariza.  Ariza is a dummy.  Got greedy.  Should have taken the mid-level money. 

This is the best move of free agency/trade season so far IMO.  Better than Carter to Orlando, Snack to Cleveland, Jefferson to SA, Gordon, etc. 

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
Re: NBA Free Agency and Trades
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 06:15:41 PM »
i agree
would of loved to see him in cleveland
but who would chose clevo over LA  ??? ;D

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 06:30:53 PM »
whats happening with Lamar, hope he stays.

hope artest doesn't mess with the chemistry.

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 09:25:45 AM »
whats happening with Lamar, hope he stays.

hope artest doesn't mess with the chemistry.
yes what will happen to lamar,maybe cleveland??
yea right haha ;D
found this on another forum
''NBA_Rumors_NewsBreaking News Im not aloud to name names but certain free agents have/are declining to go to Cavs cuz lack of confidence lebron will remain''

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 11:24:55 AM »
I think Odom stays in LA.  I wish the season was starting next week.   :)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 12:41:01 PM »
Too bad the C's have to let Leon go. Wallace would be great off the bech, provided he keeps in line.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 03:54:20 PM »
Rasheed Wallace would be a great complimentary puzzle piece for any legitimate championship contender out of the East. Great versatile player despite getting up there in age.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 04:46:19 PM »
Would be a great addition to either the Celtics or Spurs. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 05:57:30 PM »
Rasheed Wallace would be a great complimentary puzzle piece for any legitimate championship contender out of the East. Great versatile player despite getting up there in age.

i always thought he played lazy

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 06:32:35 PM »

He does look lazy sometimes, but he's one of the most talented big men in the league, and he has a ring.  If he goes to Boston or SA he's the like the fourth option, so no pressure.   

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 08:27:18 PM »
Looks like Hedo to Portland is almost a done deal! I would have liked to seen him stay down here but i guess he will help out Brandon Roy and dumm ass Greg Oden  :D
D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 09:10:31 PM »
Looks like Hedo to Portland is almost a done deal! I would have liked to seen him stay down here but i guess he will help out Brandon Roy and dumm ass Greg Oden  :D
Toronto now.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 09:31:39 PM »
Toronto now.

I would rather see his ass in Toronto  ;D Screw Greg Oden
D

body88

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2009, 12:37:15 AM »
Wallace is a no brainer in Boston.  He's good friends with the big ticket and he would respect Rivers....

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 08:35:41 AM »

I am not sorry that he is leaving my Pistons but i did enjoy his escapades!
D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 09:10:49 AM »
Wallace is a no brainer in Boston.  He's good friends with the big ticket and he would respect Rivers....

I think he'd be a better fit in SA but Boston is his likely destination.

With Jefferson, Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker already in the mix, Wallace would make them instant favorites in the West, slightly behind the Lakers.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 11:50:20 AM »
Sheed to Boston.  Very good pickup.  They're also interested in Grant Hill.  They're going to put together a very good team for another title run.  http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4307834

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 12:11:20 PM »
A very good team but a very OLD team. Wallace will be 35 and Grant Hill is almost 37. Allen is 34, Pierce will be 32 and Garnett 34 next season.

They also will be hurt by lack of depth on their bench. Losing Powe will hurt and there's a very good chance they lose Big Baby to a qualifying offer from another team that Boston might not choose to match. They also lose Marbury and Eddie House can only do so much. The starters will be playing major minutes next season.

The 2009-2010 season looks to be the Celtics last as a viable title contender before the team has to look towards the future and get younger.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 01:03:25 PM »
A very good team but a very OLD team. Wallace will be 35 and Grant Hill is almost 37. Allen is 34, Pierce will be 32 and Garnett 34 next season.

They also will be hurt by lack of depth on their bench. Losing Powe will hurt and there's a very good chance they lose Big Baby to a qualifying offer from another team that Boston might not choose to match. They also lose Marbury and Eddie House can only do so much. The starters will be playing major minutes next season.

The 2009-2010 season looks to be the Celtics last as a viable title contender before the team has to look towards the future and get younger.

Yeah, definitely an older team, but I think that trio (Pierce, Garnett, Allen) probably only has one more good year together anyway. 

body88

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 02:45:29 PM »
I like it.  Ainge has it covered.  He's proven that he's a great talent evaluator and that he makes good trades. he's got a plan, man.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 02:50:11 PM »
I like it.  Ainge has it covered.  He's proven that he's a great talent evaluator and that he makes good trades. he's got a plan, man.

How's Ainge going to cover losing Powe and Big Baby? I really don't see them retaining Big Baby. He showed a lot of skill and opened a lot of eyes during the playoffs. Another team should make him offer that the Celtics will be hard pressed to match.

Lot of names with veteran star quality on their roster but a likely thinner bench for the 2009-2010 season.

body88

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 06:21:52 AM »
How's Ainge going to cover losing Powe and Big Baby? I really don't see them retaining Big Baby. He showed a lot of skill and opened a lot of eyes during the playoffs. Another team should make him offer that the Celtics will be hard pressed to match.

Lot of names with veteran star quality on their roster but a likely thinner bench for the 2009-2010 season.

The same way he put them there.  Ainge was the one who drafted baby and powe.  If he was smart enough to recognize their talent, I'm sure he has a plan to cover for their loss. Thats said, baby is not gone yet.

I like the moves Ainge has made and imo the Celtics will win as many games as they did the year the won it all.  They will contend.  You called the celtics "old" the first year they one it all, two years ago.

Garnett and Pierce have plenty left in the tank.  Sheed was a awesome pickup for the Celtics.  I love it!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 07:32:18 AM »
Damn, has it been two years since I said that?

Fuck....time flies when you get older. >:(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 08:03:39 PM »
Barring injuries, gotta make Boston and LA the favorites to meet in the Finals.  Looking forward to it.   :)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 08:39:39 AM »
Barring injuries, gotta make Boston and LA the favorites to meet in the Finals.  Looking forward to it.   :)

I'm thinking the Spurs get back to the finals next year. No disrespect to the Lakers but I don't if they would have beaten the Spurs in the playoffs with the Spurs at full strength. No Ginobli.

next season the Spurs will have Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, and now Jefferson in the starting five. Finley's off the bench along with Mcdyess.  That's a great veteran team that knows how to win. Ugly to watch but winners, nonetheless.