Author Topic: i think steve denison is right...  (Read 3109 times)

jon cole

• Getbig IV
i think steve denison is right...
« on: July 03, 2009, 08:59:10 AM »
&feature=related

from the side the squat looks deep enough.
asstropin

jon cole

• Getbig IV
Re: i think steve denison is right...
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 09:01:30 AM »
the problem is the 5 spotter from each side, to break a record there is rule, espeially about the number of people allowed on the platform, to avoid that kind of crappy video.
asstropin

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 07:51:52 AM »
&NR=1

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »
&NR=1

This vid shows it to be to proper depth but just barely. He knows his mark pretty well. I think he could have sunk it another inch and been just fine though. One more inch and no one would argue.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 04:37:32 PM »
This vid shows it to be to proper depth but just barely. He knows his mark pretty well. I think he could have sunk it another inch and been just fine though. One more inch and no one would argue.

But why? Surpass depth by a millimeter, surpass depth by 4 inches, you have still squatted to depth. Makes no sense to sink it to impress internet judges who couldnt even get the weight out of the rack, let alone squat it. Know what I mean? the guys in the judges chairs are the only ones that my squat depth matters to, as far as I am concerned..

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 11:56:07 PM »
But why? Surpass depth by a millimeter, surpass depth by 4 inches, you have still squatted to depth. Makes no sense to sink it to impress internet judges who couldnt even get the weight out of the rack, let alone squat it. Know what I mean? the guys in the judges chairs are the only ones that my squat depth matters to, as far as I am concerned..

Totally agree. I think the depth is definitely to the standard of the organization. Im just saying that it is on the edge of white or red to most "internet judges." Shit, I would be impressed with a half squat with that weight! In Strongman we strive to achieve the ability to walk with that weight, forget about squatting it. ;D

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 08:59:37 PM »
Totally agree. I think the depth is definitely to the standard of the organization. Im just saying that it is on the edge of white or red to most "internet judges." Shit, I would be impressed with a half squat with that weight! In Strongman we strive to achieve the ability to walk with that weight, forget about squatting it. ;D

You compete in strongman? I would love to, but there is so much pressing involved, I wouldnt/couldnt make it.

Jason

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 11:28:37 PM »
You compete in strongman? I would love to, but there is so much pressing involved, I wouldnt/couldnt make it.

Jason

Yeah, the pressing is rough for sure. You would do damn well in some other events though! I havent competed in a while due to injuries (one after the other). It is still fun to just play with the implements though. You should look into a crew near you and give a few things a try. You could still kill the tire flip, farmers, yoke, frame, and various DL's. Its always a good time whether you plan to compete or not.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 02:01:38 PM »
Ok now this is high, but its just training. So who cares. This guy has come a long way.