Author Topic: Anyone supplement 'neuro-nutrients'?  (Read 3865 times)

Bast175

Re: Anyone supplement 'neuro-nutrients'?
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 11:56:27 PM »
I SUPPLEMENTED WITH SOME PSYLOCIBIN AND CANNABIS NEURO NUTRIENTS LAST NIGHT

I don't like cannabis.  Haven't tried psilocybin.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 11:58:04 PM »
I think if you are getting the standard bodybuilding 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight and not cutting carbs I don't think BCAAs make a big diff. But if you are dieting strictly they can be very useful. When I had to cut weight my drinking water always contained BCAAs which I sipped throughout the day.

Alex23

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 11:58:23 PM »
Then why the accent?  Last I checked, I wasn't speaking like a brit (my ancestry isn't british anyway, you moron, it's german)
Really?  Then why do people who eat sufficient quantities of complete protein not end up with amino acid deficiencies?  ::)
Mine's probably better than yours, fatfrenchfag

Picless, faceless meltdown. You can't post your face on here and there are reasons.

My dad's Canadian, not French, read a fucking history book you illiterate.

Certain aminos can't be "manufactured" by the body efficiently, hence supplementing = rasing levels for effect (tryptophan), but who am I talking to, you've never seen the inside of a fucking gym.  ::)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 11:59:13 PM »
I don't like cannabis.  Haven't tried psilocybin.
most canabis is way way way too strong. get some shitty weed, like some of the left overs on the bottom of a bag of stress. you can get it for dirt cheap. thats the stuff to smoke. absolutely no anxiety or paranoia...just a very chill relaxing state. not overwhelming a all.

psylocibin connects you with the heavens. you just need to eat enough and wait 40 minutes.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2009, 12:00:03 AM »
Picless, faceless meltdown. You can't post your face on here and there are reasons.

Certain aminos can't be "manufactured" by the body efficiently, hence supplementing = rasing levels for effect (tryptophan), but who am I talking to, you've never seen the inside of a fucking gym.  ::)
the body fucking sucks ass at developing 191 sequence amino acids..

Bast175

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2009, 12:02:32 AM »
most canabis is way way way too strong. get some shitty weed, like some of the left overs on the bottom of a bag of stress. you can get it for dirt cheap. thats the stuff to smoke. absolutely no anxiety or paranoia...just a very chill relaxing state. not overwhelming a all.

psylocibin connects you with the heavens. you just need to eat enough and wait 40 minutes.

yea i get the chilled state but it's not worth having to smoke to me.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2009, 12:04:28 AM »
I SUPPLEMENTED WITH SOME PSYLOCIBIN AND CANNABIS NEURO NUTRIENTS LAST NIGHT

At least that had a real effect, unlike commercial "supplements".
Ron: "I am lazy."

Alex23

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2009, 12:04:54 AM »
the body fucking sucks ass at developing 191 sequence amino acids..

;D ... how about 192's & 193's ? ;D

Alex23

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2009, 12:05:35 AM »
At least that had a real effect, unlike commercial "supplements".

Fuckoff gimmick, no one cares about your little "positions" on the "industry"... ::) ::) ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2009, 12:16:17 AM »

Explains why you speak like a fuccking lumberjack.  Anyway "fatfrenchcanadianfag" just doesn't flow, so we're sticking with FFF.

The only amino acids required by the human body that cannot be manufactured by the human body are the 8 essential amino acids: phenylalanine, valine, threonine, tryptophan, isoleucine, methionine, leucine, and lysine.  Some amino acids are conditionally essential (arginine, cysteine, glycine, glutamine, histidine,tyrosine, and a couple more I can't think of offhand). These can be manufactured by the human body but in certain situations can be deficient.  However,  ALL of these can be supplied with a diet adequate in complete protein.  Supplementation with free-form aminos is a waste of money.

And as for seeing the inside of a gym, are you trying to say being a gym rat makes one an expert in protein metabolism?  I know you're smarter than that.  ::)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2009, 12:21:44 AM »

The only amino acids required by the human body that cannot be manufactured by the human body are the 8 essential amino acids: phenylalanine, valine, threonine, tryptophan, isoleucine, methionine, leucine, and lysine.  Some amino acids are conditionally essential (arginine, cysteine, glycine, glutamine, histidine,tyrosine, and a couple more I can't think of offhand). These can be manufactured by the human body but in certain situations can be deficient.  However,  ALL of these can be supplied with a diet adequate in complete protein.  Supplementation with free-form aminos is a waste of money.

while every amino acid besides the essential amino acids can be made by the body to fill in deficeincies...the human body isnt going to produce any more than what it needs for basal demands. and certain amino acids can have effects once you rach certain levels of them in the body...levels above and beyond the basic needs of the body.

for example... glucose can be manufactured by the body. but your body will never manufcature enough glucose to cause a big spike in insulin which will cause you to feel drowsy. the only wya to get that level of glucose is to supplement with it.

and liek glucose, certain amino acids can be manufatured, but the body wont manufcature huge amounts uneccesarily .....your body wont give you a huge whopping dose of tryptophan just because you want it too. youll have to supplement wiht it in order to get high enough levels for it to have an effect.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2009, 12:27:55 AM »
while every amino acid besides the essential amino acids can be made by the body to fill in deficeincies...the human body isnt going to produce any more than what it needs for basal demands. and certain amino acids can have effects once you rach certain levels of them in the body...levels above and beyond the basic needs of the body.

for example... glucose can be manufactured by the body. but your body will never manufcature enough glucose to cause a big spike in insulin which will cause you to feel drowsy. the only wya to get that level of glucose is to supplement with it.

So what "effects" are you looking for?  Are you advocating using amino acids essentially as recreational drugs?  In most cases, effects produced by certain free-form aminos can be had far more efficiently with pharmaceutical products.  Someone talked about GABA and tryptophan possibly producing a relaxing effect...  fuck that, take a benzo.  Others try to use arginine or even glutamine to "release GH"...  fuck that, inject GH if you want GH.   And so on...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2009, 12:30:13 AM »

So what "effects" are you looking for?  Are you advocating using amino acids essentially as recreational drugs?  In most cases, effects produced by certain free-form aminos can be had far more efficiently with pharmaceutical products.  Someone talked about GABA and tryptophan possibly producing a relaxing effect...  fuck that, take a benzo.  Others try to use arginine or even glutamine to "release GH"...  fuck that, inject GH if you want GH.   And so on...
well certainly i think certain aminos can have certain effects, in a healthier, more natural, and possibly cheaer way than by taking a pharmaceutical drug.

personally i ould probably take the precription drug route though  ;D

but this idea also applies to amino acids and metabolism/protein synthesis/protein breakdown. for example consuming extra leucine, or extra bcaa... can have different effects than just consuming whol proteins alone.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2009, 12:44:13 AM »
personally i ould probably take the precription drug route though  ;D

Case closed.  ;D

I look at it this way...  at least with pharma products I know what I'm getting, and all it costs me is my insurance co-pay.  With supps you pay big money for items with dubious quality control, often with dubious science behind them, and even in a situation where something is actuallu proven to have an effect, it's usually far less efficient or effective than a pharmaceutical equivalent. 

C'mon, Levrone and Kamali are "supplement manufacturers".  Do you really trust great scientific minds like those to make something you're going to put in your body?

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2009, 07:40:37 AM »
If you're getting lots of complete protein, I've never really understood the point of supplementing free-form amino acids.  The protein you take in gets broken down into its constituent amino acids anyway.  I think it's just another way for supplement-hawkers to earn coin.

Different amino acids compete with each other to cross the blood brain barrier and enter the brain.

Free form amino acids taken on an empty stomach have more of a chance to get into the brain.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2009, 07:42:23 AM »

So does Xanax, and at least with that it's cheap and I know it works.

Xanax works by binding to the GABA receptors in the brain.

Alex23

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2009, 04:22:52 PM »
Case closed.  ;D
I look at it this way...  at least with pharma products I know what I'm getting, and all it costs me is my insurance co-pay.  With supps you pay big money for items with dubious quality control, often with dubious science behind them, and even in a situation where something is actuallu proven to have an effect, it's usually far less efficient or effective than a pharmaceutical equivalent. 
C'mon, Levrone and Kamali are "supplement manufacturers".  Do you really trust great scientific minds like those to make something you're going to put in your body?

You're wrong and you know it sweety.

Why rely on suppressive pharmas substance to elevate / fix your mood when you can take supplements who will allow the body to produce their own, take GABA for example vs Paxil... ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2009, 04:33:06 PM »
You're wrong and you know it sweety.

Why rely on suppressive pharmas substance to elevate / fix your mood when you can take supplements who will allow the body to produce their own, take GABA for example vs Paxil... ::)

No, I'm not wrong.  But if you want to spend your money on snake oil I'm not stopping you, FFF.

Alex23

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2009, 09:54:42 PM »
\
No, I'm not wrong.  But if you want to spend your money on snake oil I'm not stopping you, FFF.

LOL, you are.

Go on Paxil for a couple of weeks and stop cold turkey one day.....

These "drugs" aren't shutting down the body at all... ::)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2009, 10:14:09 PM »
LOL, you are.

Go on Paxil for a couple of weeks and stop cold turkey one day.....

These "drugs" aren't shutting down the body at all... ::)

Seconded.....Goatboy,..... youv'e been taking Xany 3-4 times a week...for how long?

If it is for more than a few weeks that shit has got it's hooks in you and you don't even know it.

Like A23 says just stop taking them and tell us how you feel. ;D

Xanax is a nasty drug to come off of

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2009, 10:39:55 PM »
GroinK and Gothboy = both drug addicts.

Alex23

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2009, 10:42:31 PM »
Seconded.....Goatboy,..... youv'e been taking Xany 3-4 times a week...for how long?
If it is for more than a few weeks that shit has got it's hooks in you and you don't even know it.
Like A23 says just stop taking them and tell us how you feel. ;D
Xanax is a nasty drug to come off of

LOL goat is a xanaxoreliantphobe? LOL, explains a lot...

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2009, 10:44:04 PM »
LOL goat is a xanaxoreliantphobe? LOL, explains a lot...

Gothboy = also married to a muslim whore named Tracy.

Alex23

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2009, 10:50:27 PM »

Gothboy = also married to a muslim whore named Tracy.

Whoooaaa... are you serious?

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2009, 10:53:19 PM »
Whoooaaa... are you serious?

Yes.

He claims that she looks like an "All American Girl".

::)