Author Topic: Doesn't there seem to be a lack of good films in the cinema these days?  (Read 10982 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
These are fairly old and you may have seen them as they have cult status. These are two of my favs  by Jeunet and Caro:

Delicatessen and City of Lost Children (La ville des enfants perdue).

They have that fantastic Terry Gilliam art deco yet futuristic look about them that he has in both Brasil and 12 Monkeys.

Pedro Almodovar has also done some cracking films.
Wonderful stuff. They have a very interesting decor, kind of child-like/cartoony, yet very lurid in colour and adult in theme.

The Master

• Getbig V
The only people who are interested in such ideas are people whose own genetics are slag from the gene refinery. I wonder why that is?  ;)

Your assumption makes no sense. Practically every human would love to live longer, have better health, better appearance, be more intelligent ect, as long as there is no serious side effects, something this technology can provide in the future.

And Debussey was born with the worst genes imagineable >:(

lax

• Getbig IV
going to see the new Borat movie tonight
he is funny as shit
I am sure it will be great
I will report back to all 'yall

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
BOPE Tropa de Elite is a very good film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0861739/

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
he is funny as shit

its ironic "lax" is going to see the Bruno movie ;)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
he is funny as shit

Where are you going to see Bruno at?
D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

Your assumption makes no sense. Practically every human would love to live longer, have better health, better appearance, be more intelligent ect, as long as there is no serious side effects, something this technology can provide in the future.

And Debussey Deicide was born with the worst genes imagineable >:(

Fixed
I hate the State.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
its ironic "lax" is going to see the Bruno movie ;)

Are you implying that Lax is just like Bruno?  :D
D

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
Or even for that matter online, I mean recent stuff.

I encounter nothing I REALLY want to see.

Anyone else with this problem?

The movies haven't changed, we're getting older, that's it.

When I was a Teenie I was excited about some movies 1 yr before they even came out, watched everything in the cinema. Also considerin music I knew everything, the charts up and down, all the way MTV generation baby.

Nowadays nothing anymore, I've no clue what's in the charts whatsoever, and go to the cinema maybe twice a year lol. All about getting rich and getting ripped glutes these days, life sucks. :P

The Master

• Getbig V
There is a good movie called "Pi".

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I have wanted to see Alatriste ever since it came out but sadly I can't find it on the net... :-\

I hate the State.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum

And Debussey was born with the worst genes imagineable >:(
That was my point, DB. Kinda like the only people who harp on and on about racial politics are those who feel most disenfranchised or who feel most insecure.  ;)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
The movies haven't changed, we're getting older, that's it.

When I was a Teenie I was excited about some movies 1 yr before they even came out, watched everything in the cinema. Also considerin music I knew everything, the charts up and down, all the way MTV generation baby.

Nowadays nothing anymore, I've no clue what's in the charts whatsoever, and go to the cinema maybe twice a year lol. All about getting rich and getting ripped glutes these days, life sucks. :P

You=all about the dough
I hate the State.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
I have wanted to see Alatriste ever since it came out but sadly I can't find it on the net... :-\

Hey, D. I've got a whole collection of Arturo Perez-Reverte books, but the author doesn't seem to leave Spain.  I been waiting years.  >:(

lax

• Getbig IV
Are you implying that Lax is just like Bruno?  :D

Only in the money department ;)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
That was my point, DB. Kinda like the only people who harp on and on about racial politics are those who feel most disenfranchised or who feel most insecure.  ;)

I don't and I have horrible genetics. Theory disproven.
THG approved
I hate the State.

lax

• Getbig IV
Where are you going to see Bruno at?

I don't know...my gf handles that...I just show up and get in the car

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Hey, D. I've got a whole collection of Arturo Perez-Reverte books, but the author doesn't seem to leave Spain.  I been waiting years.  >:(

Podrķas ir a Espana. No es lejos.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

Hi Moosejay.
I hate the State.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
I don't and I have horrible genetics. Theory disproven.
THG approved
LOL. Stay out of my line of fire, D.   ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
LOL. Stay out of my line of fire, D.   ;D

If you really like Arturo, you could go to Spain you know...
I hate the State.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
BRUNOOOOOO

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V

Are you going to go see it in Connecticut?
D

The Master

• Getbig V

Regardless, to make it clear, being interested in equivivalent of getting 1 million bucks no-strings-attached (being "enhanced" via genetics or whatever) in the future which can expand ones experience of life dramatically = just being clever.

In response to your post: there are findings that indicates that the shifting demographics (including a decline in the average cognitive abilities ;D ) and political favorization of the "lesser fortunate morons from 85th street" will result in a future world with less opportunities and more "negative elements" for people with enormously high IQ scores, black hair blond hair, brown eyes blue eyes  and overall genetic superiority. Any sane human being employing a long-term timespan "way of thinking" when making plans for the future would base their planning on this assumption, and discussing this + raising awareness around it (like what Mazi is doing) could definitely be a result of a calculated approach to ones own "design of the future" instead of trying to take the edge out of an irrational fear that runs rampant in ones head due to the percieved danger of 85th street hoodlums killing off all the greats from 130th street or above.

:o

And Debussey = the most insecure person on Getbig. Between daily panic attacks and major depression-episodes (covered up with heroic doses of benzos and SSRI's), Debussey's extremely low confidence results in a lethargic being, bound to a wheelchair, a medium for pain and agony with no prospects for the future.  >:( >:(

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
If you really like Arturo, you could go to Spain you know...
I know. But authors tend not to like fans showing up unannounced at their houses. So I've had his website: http://www.perez-reverte.com/Appearances.asp   in my favourites for years, and no farkin' appearances. Maybe, he'll do a few with this movie!?  ???