Author Topic: Melvin Anthony - looks like a potential Olympia threat now  (Read 5960 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Melvin Anthony - looks like a potential Olympia threat now
« on: July 04, 2009, 05:35:23 PM »
I spoke to a competitor who saw Melvin guest pose last week and apparently he is absolutely huge. The dude said that heading to the show that he was dissapointed that Melvin was the guest poser and had low expectations. Well Melvin showed up looking like we wants the Olympia title! I think when Dexter won the Olympia a lot of guys realized it's possible to win this year. Melvin, Kai, Wolf, Victor, Branch,and Phil don't have to beat a 270 lb incumbent

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: I guess Melvin Anthony looks like a potential Olympia threat now
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 05:38:24 PM »
Melvin will need a miracle to make top 6

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 05:44:04 PM »
I spoke to a competitor who saw Melvin guest pose last week and apparently he is absolutely huge. The dude said that heading to the he was dissapointed that Melvin was the guest poser and had low expectations. Well Melvin showed up looking like we wants the Olympia title! I think when Dexter won the Olympia a lot of guys realized it's possible to win this year. Melvin, Kai, Wolf, Victor, Branch,and Phil don't have to beat a 270 lb incumbent

Hi Melvin.
P

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 05:54:21 PM »
I spoke to a competitor who saw Melvin guest pose last week and apparently he is absolutely huge. The dude said that heading to the he was dissapointed that Melvin was the guest poser and had low expectations. Well Melvin showed up looking like we wants the Olympia title! I think when Dexter won the Olympia a lot of guys realized it's possible to win this year. Melvin, Kai, Wolf, Victor, Branch,and Phil don't have to beat a 270 lb incumbent

does anyone notice that this exact quote is said describing every post about someone who saw such and such pro guestposing............. ..uhhhhh............of course they are absolutely huge.............any top level bodybuilder who finished in the top 10 of the olympia, is gonna be "huge" in the months leading up to the olympia............jay is huge, dex is huge, wolf is huge, so is phil, so is kai, branch, and victor as well

melvin is a second teir pro, who is badly outmatched this year, and will be lucky to finish in the top 10...............but of course he is huge, thats why he is a pro bodybuilder'

the only thing that matters is how he looks when he steps out on stage for prejudging.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 06:02:11 PM »
I didn't see Melvin. But when I say huge.... I heard he was 280 at the Guest spot

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 06:06:06 PM »
Just got off the phone with Prince... He's coming back.  MJ ain't going to steal his thunder.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 07:31:58 PM »
Yea a threat to make the top 15. ;D

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 07:55:51 PM »
He could never really get lean enough at a lighter weight, I wonder what he's thinking at a heavier weight...

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 06:14:14 AM »
Anthony probably has the best shape of all the pro's but we all know it's conditioning that's his problem.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 07:27:02 AM »
pics?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 09:46:55 AM »
pics?

x2

if you saw him at a guest posing and he was sooo huge you just had to rush home and type all of this to all the fellow getbiggers.....why the hell would you not take at least 1 pic??

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 09:48:04 AM »
The only way Melvin will win the Mr Olympia is if no one else competed and they award a lot of extra points for his gums.

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 09:51:48 AM »
The only way Melvin win the Mr Olympia is if no one else competed and they award a lot of extra points for his gums.

;D superior gum genetics
Thunderdome approved

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 09:52:02 AM »
If Melvin had a quality, he could be a threat to beat dexter with same size.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 10:13:50 AM »
The problem with Melvin is 1) he is to lazy and doesnt follow his diet strictly because he thinks his genetics will allows get him in the top 5 2) I think that insulin has made it hard for him to get ultra shredded.Ever since Melvin turned pro, he blew up from insulin I suspect, because the size came on quite fast.When Melvin was an amateur he would come in shredded.AS a matter of fact the year before he turned pro, J &J Health Foods, a local health food store chain  and and my company sponsored Melvin Anthony.We gave him free product, and covered all his entree fee's.
If Melvin got serious on his diet, and IF the insulin didnt screw him up Melvin could be a threat to the Mr Olympia title.He has great symetry and size.He is just soft and spongy, looking.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 06:46:14 AM »
The only way Melvin will win the Mr Olympia is if no one else competed and they award a lot of extra points for his gums.
LOL  :D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 06:57:38 AM »
x2

if you saw him at a guest posing and he was sooo huge you just had to rush home and type all of this to all the fellow getbiggers.....why the hell would you not take at least 1 pic??

If you read my post you would know that I wasn't at the show

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 07:04:15 AM »
When he is in shape, he has one of the best physiques in bb.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 07:14:18 AM »
When he is in shape, he has one of the best physiques in bb.

A national competitor that was there said that Melvin has never looked better. He said that Melvin looks better than Dexter. Melvin was in great shape at 280 lbs. Waist was still small.  Should be interesting.

hugestatus

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 07:16:56 AM »
They said the same thing about him when he guestposed at Lastyears ironman, then got smashed at the Arnold 8)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 07:19:15 AM »
I spoke to a competitor who saw Melvin guest pose last week and apparently he is absolutely huge. The dude said that heading to the show that he was dissapointed that Melvin was the guest poser and had low expectations. Well Melvin showed up looking like we wants the Olympia title! I think when Dexter won the Olympia a lot of guys realized it's possible to win this year. Melvin, Kai, Wolf, Victor, Branch,and Phil don't have to beat a 270 lb incumbent

pics or it didn't happen

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 07:20:04 AM »

A national competitor that was there said that Melvin has never looked better. He said that Melvin looks better than Dexter. Melvin was in great shape at 280 lbs. Waist was still small.  Should be interesting.
With the same conditioning, I think he IS better than Dexter.  Problem is, he has never been in the condition that Dexter is consistently.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
Re: Melvin Anthony - looks like a potential Olympia threat now
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 10:59:02 PM »
GUMMYBEAR!!!