Author Topic: Joe Rogan asks How many times can a fighter be KO'ed?:  (Read 628 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Joe Rogan asks How many times can a fighter be KO'ed?:
« on: July 05, 2009, 07:22:38 PM »
Joe Rogan asks How many times can a fighter be KO'ed?:

"I was watching the Gilbert Yvel vs. Pedro Rizzo fight, and I saw that Pedro is scheduled to fight in September in Brazil just a couple months after that brutal KO. Just seeing that date after watching that video made me cringe."

"I know there was a lot of debate when Dana told Chuck to stop competing, but I think at this point Pedro is even in worse shape."

"When you read about brain trauma, and you even get to read the experiences fighters post on here about their problems after being KO'ed multiple times it really leads to the question, how many times is too many?"

"Do you think there should be a standard number of times that a fighter has been flatlined in competition where after that he shouldn't be allowed to fight again? We've all seen the videos of Meldrick Taylor struggling to talk, and I watched Terry Norris who was one of my favorite fighters from the 90's barely able to string together a sentence a few years ago in Vegas, and it's just a matter of time before we see guys like this with that kind of damage from MMA."

"Is there something we can do about it? Are there more sophisticated tests that need to be developed to recognize damage? Should it be completely up to the fighter?"

"What say you?"

-- Joe Rogan on the UG