Author Topic: RIP: Robert McNamara, Architect of Vietnam War  (Read 1638 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
RIP: Robert McNamara, Architect of Vietnam War
« on: July 06, 2009, 07:48:37 AM »
Robert McNamara, Architect of Vietnam War, Dies at 93
Monday, July 6, 2009 9:07 AM

Robert Strange McNamara, the former secretary of defense whose record as a leading executive of industry and a chieftain of foreign financial aid was all but erased from public memory by his reputation as the primary architect of U.S. involvement in the war in Vietnam, died early this morning at age 93.

Family members said McNamara died at his home in Northwest Washington. They did not give a cause of death.

McNamara was secretary of defense during the presidencies of John F. Kennedy and Lyndon Baines Johnson. In that capacity he directed a U.S. military buildup in Southeast Asia during the critical early years of a Vietnamese conflict that escalated into one of the most divisive and bitter wars in U.S. history. When the war was over, 58,000 Americans were dead and the national social fabric had been torn asunder.

Before taking office as secretary of defense in 1961, McNamara was president of Ford Motor Co. For 13 years after he left the Pentagon in 1968, he was president of the World Bank. He was a brilliant student, a compulsive worker and a skillful planner and organizer, whose manifest talents carried him from modest circumstances in California to the highest levels of the Washington power structure. He was said to have built a record of achievement and dedication in business, government and public service that few of his generation could match.

After his retirement from the bank in 1981, he maintained an exhausting schedule as director or consultant to scores of public and private organizations and was a virtual one-man think tank on nuclear arms issues.

But more than 40 years after the fact, he was remembered almost exclusively for his orchestration of U.S. prosecution of the war in Vietnam, a failed effort by the world's greatest superpower to prevent a communist takeover of a weak and corrupt ally. For his role in the war, McNamara was vilified by harsh and unforgiving critics, and his entire record was unalterably clouded. For the rest of his life, he would be haunted by the Vietnam ghosts.

Great article on his life at
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/06/AR2009070601197_pf.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: RIP: Robert McNamara, Architect of Vietnam War
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 07:54:47 AM »
I have a bunch of frieds (all mostly conservatives) who are a generation older than me who hated that guy.

I don't know much about him except what I saw in The Fog of War (which is a superb movie)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 08:15:04 AM »
I have a bunch of frieds (all mostly conservatives) who are a generation older than me who hated that guy.

I don't know much about him except what I saw in The Fog of War (which is a superb movie)

He was an awful man and his actions resulted in the deaths of many U.S. soldiers.  He admited as such years later. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 08:27:13 AM »
Great Man. :)
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 08:31:17 AM »
The Fog of War.  Full doc.  Really one of my favorite, great stuff.  All the stuff he wanted to get off his chest before checking out.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8653788864462752804&hl=en

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 10:46:43 AM »
Dean Acheson is the real architect of the Vietnam War.  Especially when he and Truman agreed that the American People must be presented to and duped into a constant state of fear thus laying the ground work for militarization.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 03:42:40 PM »
He was an awful man and his actions resulted in the deaths of many U.S. soldiers.  He admited as such years later. 

He also played a major part in the assasination of John Kennedy, because Kennedy would not go along with the unlawful attack plans for Cuba
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 04:16:30 PM »
He also played a major part in the assasination of John Kennedy, because Kennedy would not go along with the unlawful attack plans for Cuba
Oh shut the fuck up you stupid douche. ::)  I guarantee I've done a thousand times more research into the assasination of JFK than you and you're doing nothing more than spewing more absurd disinfo.  No fucking way he played a major role and I highly doubt he was involved whatsoever. ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 04:19:01 PM »
Oh shut the fuck up you stupid douche. ::)  I guarantee I've done a thousand times more research into the assasination of JFK than you and you're doing nothing more than spewing more absurd disinfo.  No fucking way he played a major role and I highly doubt he was involved whatsoever. ::)

You sure react to him pretty harshly.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 04:21:49 PM »

Marilyn Monroe had a major part in his assassination too. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 04:29:04 PM »
It's samson ::)  What I just said to his BS is mild compared to what he draws from others.  There is no way they would have trusted McNamara to play a "Major" role...  That's the dumbest thing I've heard yet on the matter.  No intelligence background, came straight from Ford Motor Company, didn't have ambition for the job and told JFK he had the wrong guy before finally accepting.  He kept his job because he didn't look at people, he looked at numbers.  He was a strategist, a very useful tool.  By no means was he a mastermind of anything to do with the larger picture.  He was a guy who would carry out the task with the precision of a computer.  Dude did not play a major role in the JFK assassination and Samson knows exactly what he's doing by launching absurdity after absurdity in connection with legitimate concerns of the population.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 04:31:56 PM »
yea, and I have no doubt there's some abscure website detailing McNamara's involvement,... along with every other major figure of that time... ::)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 05:02:36 PM »

HUGO is SKITZOIDS...he reacts emotionally to things witout the first bit of FACTS to back up his feelings. He is still angry because I HATE his friend ALEX "the sky is falling (aka THE ALARMIST)" JONES. I pay him no mind he will see the light soon.
C

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 05:09:58 PM »
I don't like alex jones either, Hugo isn't mad at me. you're fucking annoying samson

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 05:12:36 PM »
I don't like alex jones either, Hugo isn't mad at me. you're fucking annoying samson

That's because LOSERS like one another....
C

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 05:15:50 PM »
Weren't you banning this twat, Hugo? There are a million reptilian boards out there that this dickhead can post on.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 05:17:02 PM »
That's because LOSERS like one another....

Could we please put this unfunny gimmick in TimeOut or something? SAMSON123 hasn't provided one substantative post during his tenure on this Politics Board.

A.) He is probably a gimmick.
B.) If he isn't he's one brain damaged human being.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 05:20:01 PM »
Weren't you banning this twat, Hugo? There are a million reptilian boards out there that this dickhead can post on.

Why don't you fnd one to post on. BTW...Since you obviously hate me so much...why do you keep reading my posts and responding? Just curious...
C

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 05:20:43 PM »
Why don't you fnd one to post on. BTW...Since you obviously hate me so much...why do you keep reading my posts and responding? Just curious...

I try to ignore your posts. The fact that you're shitting all over every thread on here kind of forces me into reading them, raghead. Can't read a thread on here without seeing your gimmick shit derailing it.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 05:21:31 PM »

It's hard to ignore you because there isn't an ignore function on this board. If there was one it would be no problem. But you're the type of gimmick that likes to post his ignorant non-sense everywhere.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 05:40:37 PM »
I try to ignore your posts. The fact that you're shitting all over every thread on here kind of forces me into reading them, raghead. Can't read a thread on here without seeing your gimmick shit derailing it.

It's hard to ignore you because there isn't an ignore function on this board. If there was one it would be no problem. But you're the type of gimmick that likes to post his ignorant non-sense everywhere.

TRY THESE.... I have a pair and I have it dialed into HUGO..I will add you guys now

C

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 05:42:44 PM »
No, no. See Mohammed, you're not annoying to me like you are to Hugo. To me, you're just another failed gimmick that continually regurgitates drivel on the same three topics that you know are going to stir up arguments. It was amusing six months ago. Now it's just boring.  ;)

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 05:44:29 PM »
No, no. See Mohammed, you're not annoying to me like you are to Hugo. To me, you're just another failed gimmick that continually regurgitates drivel on the same three topics that you know are going to stir up arguments. It was amusing six months ago. Now it's just boring.  ;)

He was a solid gimmick. Lots of CT's and such, but sadly like any bright star Samson123 has burned out.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 12:49:21 AM »
Isn't McNamara the same dickhead that came up with Operation Northwoods....
the false flag plan to kill American students and blame it on Castro? Sounds like a soul less bastard to me.
w