Author Topic: Michael Jackson Vastly Overrated; Doesn't Compare To Led Zep  (Read 5733 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Michael Jackson Vastly Overrated; Doesn't Compare To Led Zep
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2009, 01:30:36 PM »
Jackson was Motown and pop. Zeppelin is classic rock. They are two different genres.

True one is great music and the other is based in Deeeetroit.  8)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2009, 01:34:28 PM »
True one is great music and the other is based in Deeeetroit.  8)

ZEP AINT FROM DETROIT!!!!!!!!!

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2009, 01:36:01 PM »
hate filled b###hes!  >:(

i had the red jacket, the loafers as a kid...just like almost mj, didnt need the jerry curl, have natural already.

yeah...michael is a bad song writer and quincy jones is a dog s##t producer.  next?

Lead Pepper have to get past mick and keith first .
Oh...Monica!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2009, 01:45:00 PM »
ZEP AINT FROM DETROIT!!!!!!!!!

you got that right!  As one of my boys used to say, "Don't trust a brotha who listens to R&B unless it's to help him get laid!"  8)

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2009, 02:27:02 PM »
I posted that Buudy Guy clip before I read NDs post about what songs Led Zep have glossed over as their own, rendering my post kind of pointless haha. Interesting stuff, as I knew they credited some songs as covers but didn't know so many of their originals were so borrowed as well. Still a great band obviously. It's a shame it often takes a white artist like Page, Elvis, Eminem or whoever to take a black music form and reap the super-massive bucks.

Also interesting in the context of this thread how out of the greats; Crosby, Sinatra, Elvis, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Jacko is the only one who is/was black.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2009, 02:36:42 PM »
I posted that Buudy Guy clip before I read NDs post about what songs Led Zep have glossed over as their own, rendering my post kind of pointless haha. Interesting stuff, as I knew they credited some songs as covers but didn't know so many of their originals were so borrowed as well. Still a great band obviously. It's a shame it often takes a white artist like Page, Elvis, Eminem or whoever to take a black music form and reap the super-massive bucks.

Also interesting in the context of this thread how out of the greats; Crosby, Sinatra, Elvis, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Jacko is the only one who is/was black.

haha

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2009, 02:57:00 PM »

Aretha. Paul Robeson. Billie Holiday.Mahalia Jackson. There's lots, bro. 

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2009, 05:45:57 PM »
Michael was an unbelievable entertainer and a good singer.  What most people don't realize is that he did not write most of the hits he had.

Yes he did. While he didn't write a few of his well known songs from Off the Wall he wrote all but two on Thriller and 8 of the 9 top ten singles from the BAD album.