Author Topic: What would be your personal definition of alcoholism in terms of consumption and  (Read 1087 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
behaviour?

Discuss....
I hate the State.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
behaviour?

Discuss....
my defintion would be how my 4th of july went, video's may come!!!

bench

lax

• Getbig IV
alcohol is a problem when it's use bothers others around you

brachilius

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
That is a good question.
I believe there are two different types of alcoholics.  Daily drinkers and binge drinkers.  Some alcoholics drink all day long, every day, of every week.  Then there are the classic binge drinkers.  They power down as much as they can on a Friday and Saturday night.  I don't think the classic binge drinker is seen as an alcoholic by the general public.  Alcoholism is an addiction.  Binge drinkers are addicted to getting drunk in a social setting.  I do think that is a form of alcoholism.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.

yep.
Oh...Monica!

cauthon

• Getbig II
  • Craig Killed for you Bitches
AA is  for quitters. No one likes a quitter.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
My definition is the same for all addictions: when you feel like you can't function optimally without the substance.  This will be a good thread-I started one a long time ago on this and got up to 6pgs or so.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
i have no problem with alcohol

only without

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
i would hopefully like to quite soon.... not yet though

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Could never get into alcohol or smoking, even though I tried hard several times ;D

Pot is my only vice, although not really a severe addiction, cause I only smoke it 5 - 6 times a year.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
i have no problem with alcohol

only without

You are evading an answer to the question. Please respond properly.
I hate the State.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
i fully agree with this statement!!!!!!

bench

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
You are evading an answer to the question. Please respond properly.

If you can't go without it for one week.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
If you can't go without it for one week.

Can you?
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
Of course.

good for you, i cant. In the last 6 months, the most i could do without drink anything was 5 days . Usually i go out 2 or 3 a week, going from moderate to HEAVY drinking
!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
good for you, i cant. In the last 6 months, the most i could do without drink anything was 5 days . Usually i go out 2 or 3 a week, going from moderate to HEAVY drinking

Does your body actually crave it?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

I admire you for your libertinism.
I hate the State.

wild willie

• Getbig V
I would say that if you drink to excess more than once a week, you might have an issue. IMHO

wild willie

• Getbig V
Could never get into alcohol or smoking, even though I tried hard several times ;D

Pot is my only vice, although not really a severe addiction, cause I only smoke it 5 - 6 times a year.
I hear you!!!! .....I don't drink to excess more than 3-5 times a year......much rather smoke a joint than drink.

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
That is a good question.
I believe there are two different types of alcoholics.  Daily drinkers and binge drinkers.  Some alcoholics drink all day long, every day, of every week.  Then there are the classic binge drinkers.  They power down as much as they can on a Friday and Saturday night.  I don't think the classic binge drinker is seen as an alcoholic by the general public.  Alcoholism is an addiction.  Binge drinkers are addicted to getting drunk in a social setting.  I do think that is a form of alcoholism.

Very true. Binge drinking can be a form of alcoholism. I was unaware of that until talking with my uncle, who has worked with alcoholics and drug addicts.

Personally i'm an occasional binge drinker, i love it when i do, but i don't always drink when i go out. My days of Thursday, Friday and Saturday binges are long gone.