Author Topic: LOL @ Fox business channel advertising on MSNBC  (Read 4888 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
LOL @ Fox business channel advertising on MSNBC
« on: July 06, 2009, 02:34:32 PM »
Pretty funny tactic there.  using the DirectV commercial to plug Fox business during hardball.  Looks like they want to steal those lib voters & viewers.

body88

Re: LOL @ Fox business channel advertising on MSNBC
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 02:53:48 PM »
Pretty funny tactic there.  using the DirectV commercial to plug Fox business during hardball.  Looks like they want to steal those lib voters & viewers.

Actually it's pretty dumb of MSNBC to let it happen.  You don't see that type of thing often, because most networks are smart enough to catch it.

FOX is jizzing their pants right now.  MSNBC is costing themselves market share after every commercial, idiots.  Some traffic director or PD has their head up their ass over there.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 03:57:34 AM »
Either that, ...or they're taking the money and laughing all the way to the bank.  :-\
w

body88

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 07:54:52 AM »
Either that, ...or they're taking the money and laughing all the way to the bank.  :-\

No, it's defiantly not that.  Why would you let your biggest competitor (who has better numbers than you) advertise on YOUR network and take market share from you?  Why would you let them speak directly to your audience?  Especially during a new ratings period!  Someone at MSNBC has their head up their ass.  If they have to take money from their biggest competitor and risk losing market share they are pretty desperate.  No one is "laughing all the way to the bank", because is a no-no to allow direct competitors to speak to your audience on your network.  MSNBC should be trying to keep what they have, not give them the chance to go to Fox on their watch!

Some dumbass didn't realize the Direct TV spot had a fox news piece in it when they took the order.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 09:18:54 AM »
CNN used to slip them in on MSNBC all the time in the past.  haven't seen it in quite a while.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 09:38:17 AM »
FAUX trying to attract smarter viewers?  Ironic considering they wouldn't watch FAUX anyway.

body88

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 10:04:18 AM »
FAUX trying to attract smarter viewers?  Ironic considering they wouldn't watch FAUX anyway.

What proof do you have that Fox has dumb viewers?   I'd bet you Fox's audience is just as educated as MSNBC's.  Infact, according to the data, Fox's audience is older and makes more money.

Fox is not trying to attract smarter viewers, they are trying to increase their market share, so they can charge more for their advertising timeslots.

MSNBC must be run by dumb Fox viewers, because if I was the boss over there, the fool responsible for letting Fox spots run on my network would be in deep shit.  How dumb can you be?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 11:05:01 AM »
What proof do you have that Fox has dumb viewers?   

The stats of the target market they cater to (red states) says it all.

body88

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 12:00:07 PM »

No they don't.  I have access to Neilson ratings and I think your bullshitting right now.  Are you saying that Fox only has an audience in red states?  The fact that MSNBC has  a younger audience with a lower median income says it all to me.  Btw, true ratings show the real story. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 12:02:12 PM »

I've seen that before and wondered wtf...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 12:12:19 PM »
No they don't.  I have access to Neilson ratings and I think your bullshitting right now.  Are you saying that Fox only has an audience in red states?  The fact that MSNBC has  a younger audience with a lower median income says it all to me.  Btw, true ratings show the real story. 

Nope.  What I said is my previous statement about Fox viewers being dumber has nothing to do with ratings.  But with the geographical population of the type of people that it caters to which is reflected in the red states demographic stats.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 12:15:51 PM »

Its amazing how these people argue inane points with a guy who does media and marketing for a living.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 12:17:52 PM »

I live in a blue state that has been destroyed by "smart" liberals.   Millions of californians are in the same mess. 

Blue states by and large are financial basket cases.   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 12:19:59 PM »
Blue states by and large are financial basket cases.   

And red states lead the polls in what areas exactly?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 12:22:44 PM »
And red states lead the polls in what areas exactly?

lower taxes, lower UE, etc.

Look at Texas.  That place still has something like 6% UE compared to the rest of the nation.   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 12:24:38 PM »
Hows Michigan working for everybody...Dems everywhere and not a drop of prosperity to drink.
L

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 12:31:02 PM »
lower taxes, lower UE, etc.

Look at Texas.  That place still has something like 6% UE compared to the rest of the nation.   

higher poverty, higher incest, higher drop outs, higher convicts, etc..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 12:33:11 PM »
higher poverty, higher incest, higher drop outs, higher convicts, etc..

Detroit is the murder capital of the nation. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 12:36:47 PM »
Unreal.....dems have fucked up everywhere, yet they sell minorities the bullshit that "they here for em", and they get reelected. Dems have done nothing for anybody.
L

body88

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 12:50:35 PM »
Nope.  What I said is my previous statement about Fox viewers being dumber has nothing to do with ratings.  But with the geographical population of the type of people that it caters to which is reflected in the red states demographic stats.

Which shows your lack of understanding of how Nielson ratings work.  Ratings have everything to do with this.  You can pull qualitative data from Nielsons' research (Which is tv's rating system) that tells you education level and median income.  You're comments are based on perception and ignorance.  Unless of course your a media buyer, you own an advertising agency or you specialize in TV data, rankings and research.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 01:06:32 PM »
I would answer that NO. Body..its funny, we have a similar job.
L

body88

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 01:21:16 PM »
I would answer that NO. Body..its funny, we have a similar job.

I'm a marketing consultant and I also buy media from time to time for my clients.  I have dealt with TV through my reps and have a basic understanding of how it works.  That said, to think a TV station's demo's and qualitative are based solely on state driven demographics is ignorant.  A shitload of educated dem's tune in to FOX to see what the other side is thinking and the same can be said for MSNBC and CNN.

Look at Massachusetts.  It's a state with a median age in the 50's, thats slightly more male, highly educated and there is a very small minority population.  it's a state with a high median income and a lot of colleges!  However, there is a hip hop radio station here that is one of the biggest and most successful in the country.  An ignorant person might think that the top Hip Hop stations would only be in young markets with a lot of minorities, but the truth is that hip hop is ingested most by suburban white kids and college aged listeners....aka all the kids of the main demo in MA.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 01:23:27 PM »
Which shows your lack of understanding of how Nielson ratings work.  Ratings have everything to do with this.  You can pull qualitative data from Nielsons' research (Which is tv's rating system) that tells you education level and median income.  You're comments are based on perception and ignorance.  Unless of course your a media buyer, you own an advertising agency or you specialize in TV data, rankings and research.

Shows your lack of basic reading skills.

As I stated - quite plain as day - I was in no way refering to Nielson ratings.   You just misinterpreted that by your own mistake.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 01:24:38 PM »

As I stated - quite plain as day - I was in no way refering to Nielson ratings.   You just misinterpreted that by your own mistake.

Quit while you are ahead.  you have been owned again and need to go away to avoid further humiliation.   

body88

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 01:27:58 PM »

Not really, because Nielson is the rating system that the TV industry uses to base the stats and characteristics of their audience. It's what the whole industry subscribes to.  Your reference of state based demographics and political allegiance to describe a TV audience is off base and ignorant.  Again, Nielson is everything when talking about a TV stations audience, because that research is the currency that is used to define who is watching their programs.  Ex: According to the latest Nielson research, MSNBC has 150,000 Avg viewers M-F 7p-8p who have a median income of 100,000+ and have 4 year college degree.  That piece of information is accepted because it's Nielson data.  If you said that same sentence but said according to the latest Democratic statistics based in Democratic states....t would be useless and false in the TV world.