Author Topic: Soccer >>>> any other sport  (Read 5222 times)

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
Re: Soccer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other sport
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2009, 04:43:44 PM »
http://www.tribalfootball.com/real-madrid-make-ronaldo-first-billion-dollar-man-252443

haha, the sheiks wanted to buy kaka for 160,000,000 pounds in the January transfer window..So who knows what these sheiks would pay for ronaldo

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2009, 05:12:30 PM »
no way.  he'd need to put in tiger woods yrs.  his knees and legs will be gone by 30 like ronaldinho.
Oh...Monica!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2009, 05:18:15 PM »
what do you guys mean by decent or good at soccer?

defense or offense... ?   

personally... if im playing against someone who is a good ball handler... its over.. i cant defend or get past any one who is really fast and has great control over their feet..

however im pretty damn  good at ball handling my self, as long as i have a bit of space... but thats just it..a good soccer player wont let you have space or time to handle the ball...

if im playing against somebody who desnt play it competitvely, i can juke them pretty good, make em stumble... and theyll never get past me unless they are super super fast and smart enough to kick the bal past me then ru to it..

I'm a better defender.  I'm not very fast, or particularly skilful, but I can read a game very well, and get myself in the right position to stop the opposition.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2009, 05:22:17 PM »
he was making Millions when he was 16..

No bodybuilder makes million without investments

No way was he making 'millions' at 16.  He'll still have been making some nice money, but less than 100k a year.

spinnis

« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2009, 04:50:46 AM »
No way was he making 'millions' at 16.  He'll still have been making some nice money, but less than 100k a year.

He was making million each year.

and he signed the 18-year-old for £12.24 million in 2003.  So he made 12 million EUROS each year at 18 (15 million dollars) and you cant believe he made One million at 16.

I saw his documentray and im pretty sure. 15 million dollars at 18 are almost more impressive though

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2009, 08:59:02 AM »
He was making million each year.

and he signed the 18-year-old for £12.24 million in 2003.  So he made 12 million EUROS each year at 18 (15 million dollars) and you cant believe he made One million at 16.

I saw his documentray and im pretty sure. 15 million dollars at 18 are almost more impressive though

I think you're getting confused with the figures here.  Man Utd paid £12m to Sporting to buy him.  They didn't pay it to Ronaldo.  He'll have started on a relatively low wage of £5-10k a week, which is 250-500k a year.  It wasn't until he'd been at Man Utd for a couple of seasons that his wage went up.  At 16 he'd have been lucky to have been making £1k a week.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
Re: Soccer >>>> any other sport
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2009, 09:43:48 AM »
yes the sums are paid for the clubs not for the players
ronaldo still gets a shitload though

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2009, 09:46:39 AM »
yes the sums are paid for the clubs not for the players
ronaldo still gets a shitload though

You always gotta consider that the fee for actually playing soccer is just a fraction of the total income for a guy like Ronaldo or Beckham.

They're no persons, they're fuckin products. They get way more from marketing contracts than actually from their sport.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2009, 09:50:40 AM »
You always gotta consider that the fee for actually playing soccer is just a fraction of the total income for a guy like Ronaldo or Beckham.

They're no persons, they're fuckin products. They get way more from marketing contracts than actually from their sport.

Yeah, definitely.  The sponsorship income for major guys like these is ridiculous.  But before they became big name sportstars they were on regular incomes like all the other players.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2009, 12:32:24 PM »

exactly
even federer has a 100mio$ contract with nike