Author Topic: ARE BCAA'S WORTH IT  (Read 2942 times)

lvtolft

• Getbig III
Re: ARE BCAA'S WORTH IT
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2009, 09:21:03 AM »
Sorry, didn't pick up the sarcasm.  Those are the types of studies that the supp companies latch onto as pseudo-scientific proof of the efficacy of their product.  The old timers around here will remember the supp BORON.  According to the supp companies it was scientifically proven to increase testosterone like 150%.  They even cited the study!  Unfortunately, some lifters can actually read and looked up the study.   Come to find out the study the supp companies were citing was of the effect of boron administration on post menopausal WOMEN!

I have not tried BCAAs.  Nor have I tried alot of the shit on the market.  Why waste money on that when you have a tried and test option at your disposal--whole food!
I agree with and feel that most of the stuff out there today is crap.  My reason for supplementation is convenience.  Having a protein shake or meal replacement is much easier than a meal.  Granted most of my meals are whole food, but pre and post workout, it is easier for me to ingest something lighter and easier to digest then whole food.  Same with the BCAA's, when I am trying to lower body fat, for me, it is a good alternative to maintain as much muscle as possible.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2009, 09:31:56 AM »
I agree with and feel that most of the stuff out there today is crap.  My reason for supplementation is convenience.  Having a protein shake or meal replacement is much easier than a meal.  Granted most of my meals are whole food, but pre and post workout, it is easier for me to ingest something lighter and easier to digest then whole food.  Same with the BCAA's, when I am trying to lower body fat, for me, it is a good alternative to maintain as much muscle as possible.

I guess bottom line is that if you think it works for you then keep doing it.  Time to heat up my 6 ounces of grilled chicken breast, 12 ounces of potatoes and cup and a half of frozen string beans...I guess a shake would be easier

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2009, 09:33:53 AM »
I guess bottom line is that if you think it works for you then keep doing it.  Time to heat up my 6 ounces of grilled chicken breast, 12 ounces of potatoes and cup and a half of frozen string beans...I guess a shake would be easier
;D