Author Topic: Is Obama the most naïve president in U.S. history? (Obama sold us out in Russia)  (Read 1405 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Is Obama the most naïve president in U.S. history?

By Nile Gardiner World Last updated: July 7th, 2009

It is hard to fathom what the United States will gain from Barack Obama’s much-hyped agreement with Dmitry Medvedev to further cut America’s nuclear arsenal. Washington and Moscow have agreed in principle a framework to reduce their nukes by about a third, to 1,500 to 1,675 warheads over the next seven years. Even more significantly, the two leaders have pledged to cut their nuclear delivery systems (intercontinental ballistic missiles and long-range bombers for example) to just 500-

Barack Obama has gained nothing from his visit to Russia (Photo: AP)

1,100 units, a move that works greatly to Russia’s advantage as its force projection is far weaker than the U.S. in this area.

The new deal, which Obama hopes to wrap up with the Kremlin by December, creates a far more level playing field for the Russians, whose strategic conventional weapons capability is greatly outclassed by that of the Americans, and whose deteriorating nuclear weapons stockpile is aging and in decline. The whole agreement makes no sense, and is little more than a vanity exercise for Barack Obama who has ludicrously pledged to carve out a nuclear-free world.

Surely a better strategy would be to further build up America’s defences, including a global missile defence shield, rather than cut defence spending and further gut the superpower’s nuclear capability.

At this rate, even Jimmy Carter looks like General Patton compared to the dove-like current U.S. president. Why cut nuclear weapons at a time when rogue regimes such as North Korea and Iran are busy building their own programmes? Does the President seriously believe this move will encourage the likes of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad or Kim Jong Il to renounce their nuclear designs? What evidence is there in history that a unilateral policy of disarmament will prompt tyrannical regimes to change their behaviour?

It is also unclear what kind of odious quid pro quo deal Washington will have to sign up to in order move the agreement forward. President Medvedev, who serves as little more than Vladimir Putin’s right hand, has made it abundantly clear that the United States will have to sacrifice any plans for a ‘third site’ missile defence system in eastern and central Europe for Moscow to sign up to a news arms treaty. This would be a huge betrayal of key U.S. allies Poland and the Czech Republic. No doubt Moscow will also demand the Obama administration give the Russians a bigger say over NATO expansion eastwards, including blocking the entry of Georgia and Ukraine.

By agreeing to a grand bargain with the Medvedev/Putin regime, President Obama has unwisely opened a Pandora’s box of concessions that will only enhance Russia’s hand in its “Near Abroad”. At the same time, the Obama administration’s naïve approach will strengthen the resolve of America’s enemies such as Iran to aggressively pursue their nuclear ambitions and exploit the weakness of a president who is gravely undercutting American global power in an increasingly dangerous world.

________________________ ________________________ _____________________

George Bush was blasted for the "I looked into Putins Soul" moment yet he never cut our nuclear weapons.

ZERO is applauded for saying the same nonsense AND CUTTING OUR ARSENAL. 

Why the double standard?     

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Luckily nothing has been done yet. Congress has to ratify any treaty, and cuts mean job. Go tell the folks in Groton, no more subs. Barry is a worthless piece of shit....the Chinese are laughing their asses off at this guy.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Luckily nothing has been done yet. Congress has to ratify any treaty, and cuts mean job. Go tell the folks in Groton, no more subs. Barry is a worthless piece of shit....the Chinese are laughing their asses off at this guy.

Money quote from the article:

At this rate, even Jimmy Carter looks like General Patton compared to the dove-like current U.S. president. Why cut nuclear weapons at a time when rogue regimes such as North Korea and Iran are busy building their own programmes? Does the President seriously believe this move will encourage the likes of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad or Kim Jong Il to renounce their nuclear designs? What evidence is there in history that a unilateral policy of disarmament will prompt tyrannical regimes to change their behaviour?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
None...diplomacy with such people ends up kicking the can down the road for adults and rationalists to deal with later. Obama is a naive child.
L

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
you only need enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world once - everything else is waste

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Don't worry, we will continue to have our missiles in E.Europe so none of this matters..
I hate the State.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
So what are you whining about?

He is cutting down nuclear weapon capacity that can only be used to destroy the whole world several times.

And is costing tax dollars to maintain.

That seems like a fiscally sound move to me.

Instead 333666, I'd be more concerned with how the media industry has Obama by his balls and seems to be going to control our internet use soon.

The privacy issue is where it's at.

As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
So what are you whining about?

He is cutting down nuclear weapon capacity that can only be used to destroy the whole world several times.

And is costing tax dollars to maintain.

That seems like a fiscally sound move to me.

Instead 333666, I'd be more concerned with how the media industry has Obama by his balls and seems to be going to control our internet use soon.

The privacy issue is where it's at.

Hedge - there are so many things this admn is doing that is mind boggling, to the left and right. 

To me personally, the cap & trade has the most potential for destruction along with the endless spending and printing of money we dont have. 

However, you are right about the internet issues as well. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Is Obama the most naïve president in U.S. history?

By Nile Gardiner World Last updated: July 7th, 2009

It is hard to fathom what the United States will gain from Barack Obama’s much-hyped agreement with Dmitry Medvedev to further cut America’s nuclear arsenal. Washington and Moscow have agreed in principle a framework to reduce their nukes by about a third, to 1,500 to 1,675 warheads over the next seven years. Even more significantly, the two leaders have pledged to cut their nuclear delivery systems (intercontinental ballistic missiles and long-range bombers for example) to just 500-

Barack Obama has gained nothing from his visit to Russia (Photo: AP)

1,100 units, a move that works greatly to Russia’s advantage as its force projection is far weaker than the U.S. in this area.

The new deal, which Obama hopes to wrap up with the Kremlin by December, creates a far more level playing field for the Russians, whose strategic conventional weapons capability is greatly outclassed by that of the Americans, and whose deteriorating nuclear weapons stockpile is aging and in decline. The whole agreement makes no sense, and is little more than a vanity exercise for Barack Obama who has ludicrously pledged to carve out a nuclear-free world.

Surely a better strategy would be to further build up America’s defences, including a global missile defence shield, rather than cut defence spending and further gut the superpower’s nuclear capability.

It is also unclear what kind of odious quid pro quo deal Washington will have to sign up to in order move the agreement forward. President Medvedev, who serves as little more than Vladimir Putin’s right hand, has made it abundantly clear that the United States will have to sacrifice any plans for a ‘third site’ missile defence system in eastern and central Europe for Moscow to sign up to a news arms treaty. This would be a huge betrayal of key U.S. allies Poland and the Czech Republic. No doubt Moscow will also demand the Obama administration give the Russians a bigger say over NATO expansion eastwards, including blocking the entry of Georgia and Ukraine.

By agreeing to a grand bargain with the Medvedev/Putin regime, President Obama has unwisely opened a Pandora’s box of concessions that will only enhance Russia’s hand in its “Near Abroad”. At the same time, the Obama administration’s naïve approach will strengthen the resolve of America’s enemies such as Iran to aggressively pursue their nuclear ambitions and exploit the weakness of a president who is gravely undercutting American global power in an increasingly dangerous world.

________________________ ________________________ _____________________

George Bush was blasted for the "I looked into Putins Soul" moment yet he never cut our nuclear weapons.

ZERO is applauded for saying the same nonsense AND CUTTING OUR ARSENAL. 

Why the double standard?     

THe whole goal is to make CHINA the new world SUPERPOWER. THey are already the worlds manufacturing power and hold considerable ECONOMIC power. Russai and America are surrendering to China by decreasing their military power as CHINA'S explodes....
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
We are going down without even a bullet fired. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
U can cut down on the nukes, but not the subs or the bombers. Barry wants to scrap the next generation of bombers.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
U can cut down on the nukes, but not the subs or the bombers. Barry wants to scrap the next generation of bombers.

This fool really believes his own nonsense.  Even Putin realizes what a fool he is.   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Plus countries like nKorea don't want or need massive arsenals. What they need is a bomb that will detonate in the atmosphere and shut us down, without a counter punch. If u deactivate the subs, we don't have a counterpunch. I don't know if many of u realize it but Barry has no say on a response if we get nuked. All that code and football shit is BS. The subs will launch if the US gets hit. Barry can recall bombers and has some control over rockets. He will not be allowed to sit on his hands.
L

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!

This is pretty frightening stuff and Sec. Gates is going right along with it. The F-22 program was chopped up and I do believe that there is a good chance that the JSF program will be cut even more in the near future. I know they are using money "saved" from the shrunken Raptor program to accelerate it but the #'s have already been cut to 2500. The Navy is already facing having to buy fewer aircraft at the same time their airframes are starting to need replacements...

A Jimmy Carter military is on the horizon and our geo-political adversaries couldn't be happier. I bet China can practically taste the "String of Pearls" in the Pacific.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This is pretty frightening stuff and Sec. Gates is going right along with it. The F-22 program was chopped up and I do believe that there is a good chance that the JSF program will be cut even more in the near future. I know they are using money "saved" from the shrunken Raptor program to accelerate it but the #'s have already been cut to 2500. The Navy is already facing having to buy fewer aircraft at the same time their airframes are starting to need replacements...

A Jimmy Carter military is on the horizon and our geo-political adversaries couldn't be happier. I bet China can practically taste the "String of Pearls" in the Pacific.

China is probably making these demands behind the scenes as a condition of their buying our debt. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
There was this ridiculous hit piece on Politico about the F22. The author was trying to explain how the tech is not all that good and that its really not a great plane etc. It made the various milblogs and finally a production engineer and F22 test pilot wrote in and went point for point on the guy. The author based all his bullshit on tech that existed in the 60-80's that the F22 has in it. The pilot easily explained that the F22 has the latest tech that outpaces the best the Chinese and Russians have. It took a combination of 8 F-16/F-15's to take down 1 F22 in exercises held at Nellis last summer. These are all pilots that have combat experience.....when was the last time the commies flew in combat..or flew with significant trigger time in training?
L

GigantorX

• Getbig V
There was this ridiculous hit piece on Politico about the F22. The author was trying to explain how the tech is not all that good and that its really not a great plane etc. It made the various milblogs and finally a production engineer and F22 test pilot wrote in and went point for point on the guy. The author based all his bullshit on tech that existed in the 60-80's that the F22 has in it. The pilot easily explained that the F22 has the latest tech that outpaces the best the Chinese and Russians have. It took a combination of 8 F-16/F-15's to take down 1 F22 in exercises held at Nellis last summer. These are all pilots that have combat experience.....when was the last time the commies flew in combat..or flew with significant trigger time in training?

F-22 = the greatest air superiority fighter in history. And it will continue to be until the U.S.A. builds the 6th gen, if it ever does. Good story: my friends brother is Quality Control manager for Pratt and Whittney. He ran a bit of point with the F119 and has seen first hand the combat trials. He showed me a DVD of a single F-22 taking on more and more F-15C'a, which is one of the worlds best A.S. fighters, and it blew them all out of the sky. The ratio went as high as 19 Eagles to 1 F-22 and the Raptor still knocked them all down.

This is the kind of aircraft that stops conflicts and other air forces cold with out even getting into the sky.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
F-22 = the greatest air superiority fighter in history. And it will continue to be until the U.S.A. builds the 6th gen, if it ever does. Good story: my friends brother is Quality Control manager for Pratt and Whittney. He ran a bit of point with the F119 and has seen first hand the combat trials. He showed me a DVD of a single F-22 taking on more and more F-15C'a, which is one of the worlds best A.S. fighters, and it blew them all out of the sky. The ratio went as high as 19 Eagles to 1 F-22 and the Raptor still knocked them all down.

This is the kind of aircraft that stops conflicts and other air forces cold with out even getting into the sky.

Tell that to Barry.  He thinks we can all just get together and sing "We Shall Overcome" and all will be right. 

GigantorX

• Getbig V
Tell that to Barry.  He thinks we can all just get together and sing "We Shall Overcome" and all will be right. 

Yeah, nothing another 1 trillion dollar special interest payback Pork-Stimulus Bill can't fix.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V

We may be talking about the same thing. They had to really get serious to nail him. The thing can fire over the horizon...waste awacs then smoke other fighters before ever being close.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Obama on the end of the Cold War.

..... He says that it ended peacefully when the people of Russia and Eastern Europe decided it should. He specifically says "This was not the actions of one nation.

This guy is beyond unreal. He has failed history and he is failing this country.

Of course other nations were involved on our side, and the Soviet Union fell because Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher, John Paul II, Lech Walesa and others ignored the useful idiocy that Barry and his friends preached about disarmament. Now he takes the same failed ideas to Russia and hands them our nukes on a platter, gaining nothing in return. Even worse he will likely toss our missile defenses, which fucking work, on the fire to appease the non-appeaseable.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
He has a set speech he gives in any country he visits. This guy is a fucking disgrace.

Greetings great and mighty culture, I am the Obama leader of New America. I am a cultured, urbane, black man with a Muslim name and I carry no baggage.
Your culture is great and wonderful, your poets brilliant, I will now quote one I have never read. Your food wonderful, I will now mention a dish I have never eaten.
Our countries have had issues in the past and they were all the fault of the old America, run by old white men.
Your country has done no wrong and any history of atrocities or rapaciousness or repression was just a reaction to Western meddling
I apologize on behalf of the old white men who wronged you.
New America will not judge you, we will not pretend our free culture is better than your backward, tyranny.
We just want you to like me us.
L

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
russia didn't have anything to gain with him coming over and they still got nothing. no one is getting rid of missile defence

The military can now pass through russia to get to afghanistan. There were a few other things that will benefit america in this meeting. what did russia get out of it?? ? ??

I'm no fan of russia or getting rid of nukes, seriously you're being overly dramatic here. wtf dude??

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
No I'm not....this has much less to do with Russia and more to do with us, barry and how he is perceived by the rest of the World. The rest of the world that matters..Iran, China....nKorea and the terrorist nutbags. Barry is scaling back missile defence, he's said so. Our allies put alot of political capital on the line to go along with Bush on this thing, and he's fucking them over. He's shitting all over our allies and alling himslef with castro and Chavez. The messages coming from the leadership are all over the map. Biden is saying we back an IDF strike, Hil says we're not. Gibbs has no idea what the hell to say...and Barry forgets that Reagan, the Brits and the Pope bankrupted the Sovs and ended the Cold War.

Guys like my dad spent years in a B52 waiting to bomb the shit out them. The Poles openly defied them and shut down Tank production and the ship yards. The Pope reopened the East to catholicism in direct defience of the Kremlin. US history did not start with Barry. his party failed during the Cold War. They were the appeasers, they backed bullshit diplomacy without anything to back it up. they allowed the Shah to fall and did nothing as the Sov's rolled into Afghanistan, took country after country in our own backyard and tried to block every defense program Reagan came up with. Barry thinks his way works.....he fails to realize what Reagan did, u negotiate from strength. Not for the hell of it. Putin actually praised Bush today...with barry there. Does anybody think that was a mistake. They all know he's weak.

L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
THe whole goal is to make CHINA the new world SUPERPOWER. THey are already the worlds manufacturing power and hold considerable ECONOMIC power. Russai and America are surrendering to China by decreasing their military power as CHINA'S explodes....

Great logic there buddy.

Russia and USA should keep spending money on defence instead of lowering taxes or improving infrastructure?

Great logic. ::)
As empty as paradise