Author Topic: Obama Advisor Tyson Calls for “Stimulus” Spending Bill  (Read 800 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Just days after Vice President Joe Biden told George Stephanopoulos that it was “premature” to push for another “stimulus” spending bill, Obama economic adviser Laura D’Andrea Tyson told a seminar in Singapore on July 7, "We should be planning on a contingency basis for a second round of stimulus." Though Tyson is a member of Obama’s Economic Recovery Advisory Board, she said in the speech she was speaking for herself and not for the administration.

Tyson also said that the budget deficit is “likely to be worse” than the $1.8 trillion (12 percent of Gross Domestic Product) that the administration is currently predicting for the current fiscal year, and that it would be worse for fiscal 2010 as well. She added that the solution to the deficit crisis is more tax increases.

Tyson admitted that Obama administration economic forecasters got the economy wrong (unlike Austrian school economists, who got it right): “The economy is worse than we forecast on which the stimulus program was based,” admitted Tyson. “We probably have already 2.5 million more job losses than anticipated.”

Tyson blamed the downward spiral of the economy on the size of the “stimulus” bill, which she termed “a bit too small,” and the slow pace at which the money was being spent. “The money is just really starting to come out in more significant amounts now,” Tyson said. “The stimulus is performing close to expectations but not in timing.”

Tyson also admitted that economic growth in subsequent years will not meet the Obama administration’s rosy four-percent growth predictions. “Businesses are likely to rehire employees at a slower pace than in the previous two recessions, so unemployment is going to be a lagging indicator," she told the Singapore-based Nomura Asia Economic Forum.

Apparently, the Obama administration is sticking to its absurd economic principle that a recession caused by too much spending and debt can only be reversed by increasing the spending and debt.

Maybe they'll just "pick another really high number".  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama Advisor Tyson Calls for “Stimulus” Spending Bill
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 01:51:09 PM »
Just days after Vice President Joe Biden told George Stephanopoulos that it was “premature” to push for another “stimulus” spending bill, Obama economic adviser Laura D’Andrea Tyson told a seminar in Singapore on July 7, "We should be planning on a contingency basis for a second round of stimulus." Though Tyson is a member of Obama’s Economic Recovery Advisory Board, she said in the speech she was speaking for herself and not for the administration.

Tyson also said that the budget deficit is “likely to be worse” than the $1.8 trillion (12 percent of Gross Domestic Product) that the administration is currently predicting for the current fiscal year, and that it would be worse for fiscal 2010 as well. She added that the solution to the deficit crisis is more tax increases.

Tyson admitted that Obama administration economic forecasters got the economy wrong (unlike Austrian school economists, who got it right): “The economy is worse than we forecast on which the stimulus program was based,” admitted Tyson. “We probably have already 2.5 million more job losses than anticipated.”

Tyson blamed the downward spiral of the economy on the size of the “stimulus” bill, which she termed “a bit too small,” and the slow pace at which the money was being spent. “The money is just really starting to come out in more significant amounts now,” Tyson said. “The stimulus is performing close to expectations but not in timing.”

Tyson also admitted that economic growth in subsequent years will not meet the Obama administration’s rosy four-percent growth predictions. “Businesses are likely to rehire employees at a slower pace than in the previous two recessions, so unemployment is going to be a lagging indicator," she told the Singapore-based Nomura Asia Economic Forum.

Apparently, the Obama administration is sticking to its absurd economic principle that a recession caused by too much spending and debt can only be reversed by increasing the spending and debt.

Maybe they'll just "pick another really high number".  ::)

Oh boy. Tax increases, cap & trade, health care.

BTW - how many govt workers have been paid off???

How many programs trimmed??? 

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 02:04:25 PM »
The Republicans really need to seize on this big time. This is the oportunity of a lifetime for them. They need to zero in on these comments by this woman and say "Hey look America. The first stimulus package didnt work, and now they want to do another one. At a time when spending and deficits are already out of control and treasury bond interest rates already have too much upward pressure. Is this what you want America? Do you agree with this? The first stimulus package has not worked. Oh, and just to remind you, the Republicans are "the party of no"!!!!!
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 02:12:33 PM »
Actually, this would be the 3rd stimulus since one was attempted in Bush's last year as well.  These things are wasted tax dollars. 
We must get these people out of office.  Honestly, I prefer G.W.Bush with what is going on.  Never thought I'd say that and I detest the Iraq decision.  There is no comparison as to which administration is wasting more money now.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 03:42:36 PM »
can you guys keep it down with all this financial mumbo jumbo?

There is some REAL news on today, such as the michael jackson funeral.  Stuff that REALLY matters.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 03:50:18 PM »
Anybody notice that 240 is slowly..slowly mind u, spinning away from Barry.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 03:52:32 PM »
Anybody notice that 240 is slowly..slowly mind u, spinning away from Barry.

haha in 2004 I was willing to fistfight any bitch liberal Kerry voter.
in 2006 i was all "dude, 911, dude!"
in 2008 I was all about "that woman isn't qualified to run a burger king!"

Who knows where i'll be next haha

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 07:19:45 PM »
can you guys keep it down with all this financial mumbo jumbo?

There is some REAL news on today, such as the michael jackson funeral.  Stuff that REALLY matters.

Totally. That shit is HUGE. Palin was on CNN today, too...big stuff there. I'm also sure that Fox News was broadcasting some shows as well.

Big stuff going on.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 07:26:14 PM »
haha in 2004 I was willing to fistfight any bitch liberal Kerry voter.
in 2006 i was all "dude, 911, dude!"
in 2008 I was all about "that woman isn't qualified to run a burger king!"

Who knows where i'll be next haha
wherever the band wagon is 240 will be on it...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 07:35:13 PM »
wherever the band wagon is 240 will be on it...

which bandwagon is next?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 07:39:42 PM »
which bandwagon is next?
the anti wack job liberal left movement otherwise known as the anti never waste a crises obama/emanual/pelosi/geitner movement and like hh6 pointed out youre already crawling in the wagon  ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 08:17:25 PM »
the anti wack job liberal left movement otherwise known as the anti never waste a crises obama/emanual/pelosi/geitner movement and like hh6 pointed out youre already crawling in the wagon  ;)

well, most common sense people believed kerry was a douche.
most of the world and anyone with an education knows 911 stinks.

and most repubs even admit Palin isn't all that qualified.

So i'm battin .1000 so far...

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 08:27:54 PM »
well, most common sense people believed kerry was a douche.
most of the world and anyone with an education knows 911 stinks.

and most repubs even admit Palin isn't all that qualified.

So i'm battin .1000 so far...

Yeah, batting .1 sounds about right.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 08:55:33 PM »
Yeah, batting .1 sounds about right.
Hahahaha yup your batting 10% right now 240 that sounds about right...I see why you're always screwing up poll interpretations and statistics info ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 09:44:21 PM »
Hahahaha yup your batting 10% right now 240 that sounds about right...I see why you're always screwing up poll interpretations and statistics info ;D

so youre saying Palin was qualified?  ah, no.
so youre saying 911 makes perfect sense? ah no.

So you're saying kerry is a great choice?  ah no

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 04:11:46 AM »

240 - you are still reeling from your stimulus bill projections that obviously is not going to happen. 

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 06:31:22 AM »
240 - you are still reeling from your stimulus bill projections that obviously is not going to happen. 

He's like a good coin trick performer moving the coin from one hand to the other.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 05:43:28 PM »

nope said she wasnt many times, do you think barry was qualified? youve said he was more then qualified, how do you feel now?

ya youre right bush planned it and then just didnt plant WMD in iraq to cover it up... ::) that makes alot more sense...maybe they were holograms? ya that makes more sense or any other 9/11 CT hahaha  ::) I would be ok with another investigation but the fact is its not going to come out any different then the first one...

youve been so far up obamas ass you get a buzz when he smokes and now you wanna speak on the shit that you got right hhahahahahahahahah fuking typical 240...