Author Topic: To all those laughing at Adonis for his method ...  (Read 23777 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Re: To all those laughing at Adonis for his method ...
« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2009, 05:08:38 AM »
No offense, but a cookbook for bodybuilders is a little pointless since any recipe can be worked in and used.

I have a feeling your cookbook pales in comparison to anything on the James Beard list.
you always have a gut in your feeling about something

I have a gut in my feeling that you lie and are full of shite

liltacobell

• Getbig II
« Reply #176 on: July 08, 2009, 05:10:46 AM »
No offense, but a cookbook for bodybuilders is a little pointless since any recipe can be worked in and used.

I have a feeling your cookbook pales in comparison to anything on the James Beard list.

uhh...no...once again your ignorance rings clear...since a diet may or may NOT have a certain macro profile as you have alluded to, not all recepies can be used at all times....

how bout you just try and act smart on this board, and i work with the REAL athletes???....your entertaining, but it really stops about there...ya know?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2009, 05:11:16 AM »
I have heard excellent reviews of their products.  TA might not be completely full of shit here.
Seriously, I own a ton of cookbooks and I really ONLY use them.  Their site is awesome as well and you can even call them or chat live with them as you are making their recipes if you need any kind of help.

Their Bakers Companion is a James Beard winner and THE BEST.  I bake cookies out of their Cookie Companion about everyday.  Also, use their recipes on their site as they are extensive and EVERY ONE OF THEM will turn out.

Make sure you weigh the ingredients instead of using a measuring cup.  This is where people fail completely and King Arthur says the same which is why they give the WEIGHT for everything.  They rule.  8)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #178 on: July 08, 2009, 05:12:38 AM »
I have heard excellent reviews of their products.  TA might not be completely full of shit here.

Sure he isn't all the time, doesn't change the change the fact that he is a loafing parasite, know-it-all who is dripping with arrogance and self-righteousness.
I hate the State.

liltacobell

• Getbig II
« Reply #179 on: July 08, 2009, 05:13:17 AM »
Seriously, I own a ton of cookbooks and I really ONLY use them.  Their site is awesome as well and you can even call them or chat live with them as you are making their recipes if you need any kind of help.

Their Bakers Companion is a James Beard winner and THE BEST.  I bake cookies out of their Cookie Companion about everyday.  Also, use their recipes on their site as they are extensive and EVERY ONE OF THEM will turn out.

Make sure you weigh the ingredients instead of using a measuring cup.  This is where people fail completely and King Arthur says the same which is why they give the WEIGHT for everything.  They rule.  8)

you know what ill give you some credit there....you dont need a cook book...if you know the macro profile you are allowed and need, then read the damn lables and be fucking creative.....

thats all i did??

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: July 08, 2009, 05:13:23 AM »

I have a great love for King Arthur and will NEVER use anything else.   Also, if you have a local mill that is water powered and ancient, that is a good place to get your cornmeal and grits and oats to go along with King Arthur`s Flours.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: July 08, 2009, 05:14:38 AM »
you know what ill give you some credit there....you dont need a cook book...if you know the macro profile you are allowed and need, then read the damn lables and be fucking creative.....

thats all i did??
Thats one way, and I do experiment, but when it comes to baking, you don`t wanna go too crazy or nothing will turn out.  The ratios have to be dead on.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: July 08, 2009, 05:14:44 AM »
Yeast does all the work.  I usually make a starter or a poolish or biga and let it sit overnight or rest in the fridge for a few days to ferment after the first rise.

Here is my favorite recipe at the moment and I can assure you it turns out EVERY time.

7 1/4 ounces King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
7 1/4 ounces semolina*
1/4 ounce Pizza Dough Flavor (optional, but delicious)
1 teaspoon instant yeast
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
7/8 ounce olive oil
9 to 10 ounces lukewarm water

*Use 3 cups all-purpose flour in place of the all-purpose/semolina mixture, if desired
Toppings
tomato sauce, cooked meats, vegetables, and cheeses of your choice
Directions

1) Dough: Mix and knead together all of the dough ingredients, by hand, mixer or bread machine, till you’ve created a smooth, soft dough. Don’t over-knead the dough; it should hold together, but can still look fairly rough on the surface.

2) Allow the dough to rise, covered, for 45 minutes; then refrigerate it for 4 hours (or up to 36 hours); this step will develop the crust’s flavor. It'll continue to rise in the fridge, so make sure it's in a big enough bowl.

3) Divide the dough in half.

4) Working with one piece of dough at a time, pick it up and let gravity gently stretch it into an oval. For a more circular shape, move your hands around the perimeter of the dough as it stretches. For thin-crust pizza, make a 12" round or oval. For thick-crust, make a 9" round.

5) Cover the dough, and let it rest while you heat your oven to 450°F. For thickest crust, let your 9" round pizza rest/rise for 60 minutes before baking.

6) Baking: After about 30 minutes, use a giant spatula or pizza peel to transfer the pizzas and parchment to your hot oven stone; or place the pizzas and parchment on a pan, and place the pan on the middle rack of your oven.

7) Bake for 6 minutes (for a thinner, larger crust), or for up to 8 minutes for a smaller/thicker crust. Remove from the oven.

8) To enjoy pizza right away, top it with your favorite toppings, return to an upper rack of the oven (not to the stone), and bake for an additional 8 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling bubbly.

9) To serve pizzas some other time, remove the parchment, cool the un-topped crusts, wrap them well in plastic wrap, and store at room temperature for 2 or 3 days. Refrigerate for up to 5 days; or freeze for up to 4 weeks.

10) When you’re ready to serve, remove the crusts from the refrigerator or freezer. While they warm to room temperature, heat your oven to 450°F; frozen crusts should be taken out of the freezer and thawed earlier in the day; leave them in the bag, but leave the bag open as they thaw. Top crusts with your favorite toppings and place them on a parchment-lined or greased baking sheet, then on an upper rack of the oven. Bake the pizzas for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling bubbly.

Your pizza will look like this:

attention seeking lying piece of shit.

liltacobell

• Getbig II
« Reply #183 on: July 08, 2009, 05:17:18 AM »
Thats one way, and I do experiment, but when it comes to baking, you don`t wanna go too crazy or nothing will turn out.  The ratios have to be dead on.

dude, if you know what you put in then thats what comes out??? how can it turn out wrong if you know what ur putting in???? its not fucking rocket science??

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #184 on: July 08, 2009, 05:17:45 AM »
I have a great love for King Arthur and will NEVER use anything else.   Also, if you have a local mill that is water powered and ancient, that is a good place to get your cornmeal and grits and oats to go along with King Arthur`s Flours.
HAHA@water powered and ancient. And bring me a decanted bottle of expensive wine. Let Getbig eat cake!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: July 08, 2009, 05:17:53 AM »
Here is a review I wrote on King Arthur for Pumpkin Cakes with Ginger and Cream Cheese Icing April 10, 2009.  They loved my review. lol

This cake is simply an amazing married blend of Ginger and Pumpkin that will leave a lasting impression even long after it is devoured. The density and texture are reminiscent of something found in an upscale bakery. Be assured that if this cake were for sale, a vendor could easily fetch a high price. The quality is really that impressive. The icing is a thickly rich splendor that beautifully glazes your taste buds with each bite taken. This icing could easily find its way upon any dessert that calls for such provisions. Feel free to keep it as your standard. 5 stars and anyone who does not give it the full 5 is just severely delusional with malformed and ill-working taste buds.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #186 on: July 08, 2009, 05:19:04 AM »
Here is a review I wrote on King Arthur for Pumpkin Cakes with Ginger and Cream Cheese Icing April 10, 2009.  They loved my review. lol

This cake is simply an amazing married blend of Ginger and Pumpkin that will leave a lasting impression even long after it is devoured. The density and texture are reminiscent of something found in an upscale bakery. Be assured that if this cake were for sale, a vendor could easily fetch a high price. The quality is really that impressive. The icing is a thickly rich splendor that beautifully glazes your taste buds with each bite taken. This icing could easily find its way upon any dessert that calls for such provisions. Feel free to keep it as your standard. 5 stars and anyone who does not give it the full 5 is just severely delusional with malformed and ill-working taste buds.
:D

you gotta be gay!

write a review on sucking cock ... lol

liltacobell

• Getbig II
« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2009, 05:19:50 AM »

furthermore, there is no way in HELL that pizza would be on one of my clients diets, on any day except for a cheat day meal.....

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #188 on: July 08, 2009, 05:20:57 AM »
I commend you on how you look.  You are lean and you do what works for you.  Everyone is different.  Not everyone has the self control to eat certain foods and limit what they eat.  I know clients that just have to eat the whole bag of chips if they start it.  Even though, they could lose weight by having chips in their diet, if they regulated amounts.

When losing fat, you cannot truly eat whatever you want.  There has to be limitations and rules to achieve the results you want.  Also, people respond differently to diets as their bodies respond differently to the macro nutrients.  I would never tell someone this worked for me so it has to work for you.  Your body type and personality might be best suited for this type of nutrition, but is certainly not the best or only way.  Too many variables in humans.

Yes, that's exactly my point. The diet must be designed to be as convenient as possible for the individual while still following the essential rules of protein intake and caloric restriction. For some people that means staying away from some foods they like because it's hard for them to stick to the deficit otherwise. However, for many other people, a diet that is too restrictive in terms of what they are allowed to eat will not work either, because they can't stick to that.

What I don't agree with however is the effect of macro composition other than protein on body composition beyond the convenience factor. There is no study (I know of) showing any effect of carb/fat ratio as long as rate of weight change is kept the same and basic nutritional needs are met. What I do agree with is that some people can get away with less carbs while still maintaining strength in the gym while others can't. I'm the best example for the second category, since my gym performance was horrible on keto diets.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: July 08, 2009, 05:21:23 AM »
HAHA@water powered and ancient. And bring me a decanted bottle of expensive wine. Let Getbig eat cake!
Here is where I get my grits and Cornmeal.  Martha Stewart Approved and Lee Bros. Approved.

http://www.oldmillofguilford.com/

The Old Mill of Guilford was founded in North Carolina on Beaver Creek in 1767 to grind grain for the early settlers of what is now Guilford County.  Today, the mill continues to produce all-natural, stone-ground, whole grain foods, just as it has for over 250 years.

n 1767, before the colonists decided to seek independence from England, Daniel Dillon built a small tub mill in North Carolina on Beaver Creek, and went into business grinding grain for the early settlers. The Earl of Granville had granted Dillon the tract of 552 acres on Reedy Fork and Beaver Creeks in 1755. Rowan County later granted him a license to build the mill in 1764. Rowan County court minutes from January 10, 1764 read: "Ordered that Daniel Dillin have License to Build a Publick Grist Mill on the Reedy Fork of Haw River at the mouth of Beaver Creek." The mill was located in what is now Guilford County, which was created out of Rowan County in 1771.
On February 10, 1781, during the Revolutionary War, British troops under General Cornwallis marched past the mill in pursuit of General Green who was encamped at Guilford Courthouse. Legend has it that British troops seized the mill to grind grain for the soldiers prior to the Battle of Guilford Courthouse on March 15, 1781.

liltacobell

• Getbig II
« Reply #190 on: July 08, 2009, 05:22:22 AM »

once again i ask....what are YOUR princples??? please make it sound logical to me with reagards to biochemistry and metabolism AND bodybuilding??

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: July 08, 2009, 05:23:42 AM »
dude, if you know what you put in then thats what comes out??? how can it turn out wrong if you know what ur putting in???? its not fucking rocket science??
Gastronomy is a Science.  Baking is an EXACT science and if you deviate you may as well eat dust because NOTHING you make will turn out.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #192 on: July 08, 2009, 05:25:32 AM »
Gastronomy is a Science.  Baking is an EXACT science and if you deviate you may as well eat dust because NOTHING you make will turn out.

I just saw a docu on Ferran Adria, very fascinating.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: July 08, 2009, 05:26:20 AM »
:D

you gotta be gay!

write a review on sucking cock ... lol

hahah, he is truly a sick individual.

the pathetic piece of shit. lying to his grave.

liltacobell

• Getbig II
« Reply #194 on: July 08, 2009, 05:27:07 AM »

seriously.....thats your response??....gastronomy???.....wtf kid??

are we on the food network or what???

i thought we were talking MACRO profile?? like YOU said??

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #195 on: July 08, 2009, 05:29:31 AM »
I will post a few testimonials of people who I have helped with their diets later on to show that it's not only working for me.

liltacobell

• Getbig II
« Reply #196 on: July 08, 2009, 05:32:42 AM »
I will post a few testimonials of people who I have helped with their diets later on to show that it's not only working for me.

meh, that proves nada!!! no one (or at least me) ever said it would NOT work.....but much like my arguements with other contest prep gurus, is it the best, easiest , or most efficent way????

like i always say...work smarter...not harder....so long as you still win!!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2009, 05:35:57 AM »
meh, that proves nada!!! no one (or at least me) ever said it would NOT work.....but much like my arguements with other contest prep gurus, is it the best, easiest , or most efficent way????

It's not the easiest or most efficient but WL admits this I think.
I hate the State.

liltacobell

• Getbig II
« Reply #198 on: July 08, 2009, 05:39:22 AM »
fuck it...i give up.....yall eat your gouda basil pizza.......

i guess im too stupid to understand the "principles" of the adonis clan....

yall work harder....stay swimmer

see you at nationals or olympia or wherever!!

im just a dumb ol tx boy....LOL

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #199 on: July 08, 2009, 05:51:58 AM »

Of course it doesn't prove anything. That's what scientific studies are for.