Author Topic: To all those laughing at Adonis for his method ...  (Read 23568 times)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: To all those laughing at Adonis for his method ...
« Reply #200 on: July 08, 2009, 05:53:37 AM »
fuck it...i give up.....yall eat your gouda basil pizza.......

i guess im too stupid to understand the "principles" of the adonis clan....

yall work harder....stay swimmer

see you at nationals or olympia or wherever!!

im just a dumb ol tx boy....LOL

They are layed out in this thread, if that's what you are looking for:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=232398.0

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #201 on: July 08, 2009, 05:56:35 AM »
It's not the easiest or most efficient but WL admits this I think.

The principles encompass every diet most convenient for the individual. My particular diet does not of course. It goes without saying that efficiency in terms of body composition is always the main goal for a bodybuilder.

liltacobell

• Getbig II
« Reply #202 on: July 08, 2009, 06:17:57 AM »
The principles encompass every diet most convenient for the individual. My particular diet does not of course. It goes without saying that efficiency in terms of body composition is always the main goal for a bodybuilder.

not really...because they assume all individuals have the same caloric and macro needs.....and there in lies the problem...

while the principles are sound in a general sense, they dont take into account the HUMAN factor...

so with that, if you are a BODYBUILDER, you cannot really rely on those much more than any other diet...or achieve the results you want......and for each individual its something different!
bodybuilding is an art of tweaking and metabolism confusion....

i referr to it as controlled metabolic chaos....but there are no, hard fast rules.....you do what you gotta do to adapt and continue to trick the metabolism'''

liltacobell

• Getbig II
« Reply #203 on: July 08, 2009, 06:23:21 AM »
furthermore, convience is an after thought for a true bodybuilder.....we eat to elicit a metabolic response...not for convienece or pleasure....

you put the right fuel in at the right time.....that is the first and most important "principle"

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2009, 06:30:38 AM »
"Bodybuilding means both bulking and cutting."
umm no. both of those terms are those used by mags, supp
companies and others that want to lighten your wallet.

bodybuilding means building/adding muscle and then dieting
off the fat that comes with the added muscle in order to compete.

you got in great shape but your muscle is very thin. you have
no thickness or lost it all dieting. your also a young man so your
metabolism makes up for alot of what you think matters in dieting.

try what your saying at my age.(53) won't work don't work can't work

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #205 on: July 08, 2009, 06:47:14 AM »
Thats one way, and I do experiment, but when it comes to baking, you don`t wanna go too crazy or nothing will turn out.  The ratios have to be dead on.

http://www.elakiri.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134239

Awesome book.  Not overly technical but still an in depth look at baking dynamics.  Hope the download still works.

HAHA@water powered and ancient.

KLF Flour?

Sure he isn't all the time, doesn't change the change the fact that he is a loafing parasite, know-it-all who is dripping with arrogance and self-righteousness.

The cultured man-about-town schtick wears a little thin but, if not for it, think of all the fun we'd lose poking holes in it.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #206 on: July 08, 2009, 06:54:02 AM »
not really...because they assume all individuals have the same caloric and macro needs.....and there in lies the problem...

It does not assume that all individuals have the same caloric needs, I always talk about rate of weight loss, never about total calories. Regarding macros, this was already addressed.

while the principles are sound in a general sense, they dont take into account the HUMAN factor...

so with that, if you are a BODYBUILDER, you cannot really rely on those much more than any other diet...or achieve the results you want......and for each individual its something different!
bodybuilding is an art of tweaking and metabolism confusion....

i referr to it as controlled metabolic chaos....but there are no, hard fast rules.....you do what you gotta do to adapt and continue to trick the metabolism'''

I'm not talking about the final week before a real competition, I'm also not talking about non-natural bodybuilders. I have no experience with either. But there are bodybuilders who have e.g. tried low carb and low fat diets and had great success with both. Same goes for different methods regarding meal frequency or macro timing. I don't agree with the need for "metabolism confusion" or "tricking metabolism", at least there is no scientific evidence for that as far as I know.

furthermore, convience is an after thought for a true bodybuilder.....we eat to elicit a metabolic response...not for convienece or pleasure....
you put the right fuel in at the right time.....that is the first and most important "principle"

For a competitive BB, of course, convenience should not play any role, although it also doesn't make any sense to make the diet as inconvenient as possible if it's not necessary. I was just responding to the convenience factor as mentioned by lvtolft for people who just want to be able to stick to a diet.

"Bodybuilding means both bulking and cutting." umm no. both of those terms are those used by mags, supp companies and others that want to lighten your wallet. bodybuilding means building/adding muscle and then dieting off the fat that comes with the added muscle in order to compete.

I' have never bought a BB mag in my life and I don't use any supps other than whey. Of course, that's what I meant by bulking and cutting: adding weight with optimal body composition (maximizing ratio of muscle gain vs. fat gain) and then losing weight with optimal body composition (maximizing ratio of fat loss vs. muscle loss).

you got in great shape but your muscle is very thin. you have no thickness or lost it all dieting. your also a young man so your metabolism makes up for alot of what you think matters in dieting. try what your saying at my age.(53)
won't work don't work can't work

My lack of muscle mass has absolutely nothing to do with my cutting method. Both this and my previous cut was close to optimal regarding body composition. My LBM is low because of injuries and thus the inability to train with full intensity. I was a lot heavier in the past.

Slow down of metabolism with age is not that siginificant, individually different though. For the most part, people move less and eat more when they get older.

How old do you think I am?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #207 on: July 08, 2009, 07:01:37 AM »
Here is where I get my grits and Cornmeal.  Martha Stewart Approved and Lee Bros. Approved.

The Old Mill of Guilford was founded in North Carolina on Beaver Creek in 1767 to grind grain for the early settlers of what is now Guilford County.  Today, the mill continues to produce all-natural, stone-ground, whole grain foods, just as it has for over 250 years.

n 1767, before the colonists decided to seek independence from England, Daniel Dillon built a small tub mill in North Carolina on Beaver Creek, and went into business grinding grain for the early settlers. The Earl of Granville had granted Dillon the tract of 552 acres on Reedy Fork and Beaver Creeks in 1755. Rowan County later granted him a license to build the mill in 1764. Rowan County court minutes from January 10, 1764 read: "Ordered that Daniel Dillin have License to Build a Publick Grist Mill on the Reedy Fork of Haw River at the mouth of Beaver Creek." The mill was located in what is now Guilford County, which was created out of Rowan County in 1771.
On February 10, 1781, during the Revolutionary War, British troops under General Cornwallis marched past the mill in pursuit of General Green who was encamped at Guilford Courthouse. Legend has it that British troops seized the mill to grind grain for the soldiers prior to the Battle of Guilford Courthouse on March 15, 1781.
Got it. Well, the word I would have used would be 'colonial' rather than 'ancient.' You had me thinking of the Nabateans hard at work in the desert making their daily rations.  :)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2009, 07:04:15 AM »
Got it. Well, the word I would have used would be 'colonial' rather than 'ancient.' You had me thinking of the Nabateans hard at work in the desert making their daily rations.  :)

Actually TA knows quite a lot about colonial irrigation.

Those Puritans had some wild ideas.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2009, 07:26:41 AM »
Why don't some of you try this method, I mean, I've started a cutting diet as of 5 days ago using this principle as I've done multiple times before. I shall prove it's effectiveness once again.

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #210 on: July 08, 2009, 07:44:59 AM »
Why don't some of you try this method, I mean, I've started a cutting diet as of 5 days ago using this principle as I've done multiple times before. I shall prove it's effectiveness once again.
I think most people agree that it works.  But a diet is a diet.  Eating lower calories than your body expends is difficult.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #211 on: July 08, 2009, 07:45:13 AM »

Exactly, as I said, I challenge each and every getbigger to try it. If anyone does not get ripped if he follows all essential rules for long enough, I will quit posting on getbig.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2009, 07:50:01 AM »
Actually TA knows quite a lot about colonialc irrigation.

Those Puritans had some wild ideas.
Fixed!

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2009, 08:20:36 AM »
Exactly, as I said, I challenge each and every getbigger to try it. If anyone does not get ripped if he follows all essential rules for long enough, I will quit posting on getbig.
when you have done one show. do one.
just one. I have and can prove it.
you, you just post, forum to forum looking for
justification to your senseless bullshit and to attention whore.
we got decide for that

oh and spot on post by dr. chimps.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #214 on: July 08, 2009, 08:34:34 AM »
when you have done one show. do one.
just one. I have and can prove it.
you, you just post, forum to forum looking for
justification to your senseless bullshit and to attention whore.
we got decide for that

oh and spot on post by dr. chimps.

I have helped many people achieve their goals, but I have never claimed to be an expert for competitive bodybuilding in it's final stage.

I can assure you that it was no my intention to offend you in any way, if I have, I apologize.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #215 on: July 08, 2009, 09:28:26 AM »
Fixed!

Yeah, I almost went with 'colonical' but I didn't want to be too obvious.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #216 on: July 08, 2009, 10:03:45 AM »
Why is everyone always scheming for a way to get ripped without doing cardio?  Personally, I think cardio is a lot of fun and it allows you to eat a wider variety of foods while maintainig a caloric deficit.  Basketball, soccer, jogging, hiking etc. should all be fun things you can incorporate into a healthy lifestyle AND look good doing it.

What gives? No one wants to break a sweat?   ???

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #217 on: July 08, 2009, 10:06:26 AM »
Why is everyone always scheming for a way to get ripped without doing cardio?  Personally, I think cardio is a lot of fun and it allows you to eat a wider variety of foods while maintainig a caloric deficit.  Basketball, soccer, jogging, hiking etc. should all be fun things you can incorporate into a healthy lifestyle AND look good doing it.

What gives? No one wants to break a sweat?   ???

I think most people think cardio is boring.
I hate the State.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2009, 10:09:51 AM »
Yeah, I almost went with 'colonical' but I didn't want to be too obvious.
You can rely on me to take the low road, Tape.  :)

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #219 on: July 08, 2009, 10:10:29 AM »
I think most people think cardio is boring.

Well if you're doing it in a gym on an elliptical or something, then I can certainly agree.  Or doing that bullshit King Kamali cardio, which is basically walking on a treadmill.  

To me pushing yourself cardiovascularly (either through sport or for the sheer challenge, eg running) is just as much fun as lifting heavy weights to failure.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #220 on: July 08, 2009, 10:18:08 AM »
Well if you're doing it in a gym on an elliptical or something, then I can certainly agree.  Or doing that bullshit King Kamali cardio, which is basically walking on a treadmill.  

To me pushing yourself cardiovascularly (either through sport or for the sheer challenge, eg running) is just as much fun as lifting heavy weights to failure.

Agree completely, there is no reason not to do cardio other than being lazy, not enjoying it, or just not having enough time. It has many benefits, no doubt.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #221 on: July 08, 2009, 10:22:06 AM »
Agree completely, there is no reason not to do cardio other than being lazy, not enjoying it, or just not having enough time. It has many benefits, no doubt.

What's the reason you don't do cardio?
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #222 on: July 08, 2009, 10:33:06 AM »
What's the reason you don't do cardio?

Combination of all three. In the summer I do some swimming for fun though.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #223 on: July 08, 2009, 10:51:13 AM »
My rule is 1g / lb of lean body mass. Alan's is 1g / lb of target weight, which is basically the same.

when lifting, you need aproximately 0.65g/kg in order to retain muscle mass. ( .3 grams per lb)

when sedentary, you need .8g/kg.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #224 on: July 08, 2009, 10:54:02 AM »
when lifting, you need aproximately 0.65g/kg in order to retain muscle mass. (1.43grams per lb)

when sedentary, you need .8g/kg.

When you are you, you hate white women.
I hate the State.