Author Topic: To all those laughing at Adonis for his method ...  (Read 23754 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: To all those laughing at Adonis for his method ...
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 02:22:16 AM »
He was using himself only as an example for the rule of creating a deficit with whatever means. Again, the cardio was obviously not his point, as his response clearly indicated: "Did you eat at a caloric deficit? Yes.". But I will ask him about it to make that 100% clear.

SURE he was in a caloric deficit, he was BIKING TO WORK ED!!!!!!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 02:23:11 AM »
I can't speak for wave here, but if he were to bulk, i would assume he would follow a more typical diet with higher cals and more frequent meals. Makes sense really, as bulking doesn;t really have anything to do with cutting. Two completely different approaches to dieting. This works for him now, so lets say he bulked up to 200lbs and started dieting again, it would still work.

Exactly, I would obviously eat more. Higher frequency because of convenience.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2009, 02:24:15 AM »
SURE he was in a caloric deficit, he was BIKING TO WORK ED!!!!!!

What's your point? He could have done the exact same thing without cardio and eating less. I will ask him and he will agree, I can 100% guarantee you that.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2009, 02:27:46 AM »
What's your point? He could have done the exact same thing without cardio and eating less. I will ask him and he will agree, I can 100% guarantee you that.
Invite him to join GB  ;)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2009, 02:31:18 AM »
Invite him to join GB  ;)

I'm sure he knows GB and would have joined if he wanted to. ;D
He is active on a lot of boards.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 02:31:58 AM »

sure. Then it's only the question, if a 150lbs couch potato is in a caloric deficit when eating ice cream all day.

To show you that fatloss isn't magic at all, here is another method, the one which i prefer actually. The TRX metabolic training is a bit like Tabata cycles:

http://community.fitnessanywhere.com/blogs/mfp_interviews/archive/2009/06/25/pn-review.aspx

Earlier this year John Berardi and Alwyn Cosgrove joined forces with Fitness Anywhere’s own Fraser Quelch to design and launch an informal fitness experiment.  Everyone did the same weightlifting program designed by Alwyn Cosgrove 2-days a week. On two additional days each group performed a steady state, interval or TRX based workout for 30 to 45 minutes. The results are in! http://www.precisionnutrition.com/8-wks-cosgrove-jb-results

Overall it was a successful experience with 54 participants losing over 165 pounds collectively. These were not typical out of shape couch potatoes but experienced exercisers already in good shape. For this group of people to drop weight it takes good programming and hard work. In addition, everyone improved in physical performance tests. Congrats to the participants, Alwyn, John and Fraser!

While there were not “significant” differences in weight loss and performance across the groups I do notice some “substantive” findings. The TRX group demonstrated similar improvements in the strength measures, which is as expected. What may be surprising to some (not to TRX users) is the fact the TRX group demonstrated similar improvements in running performance (Tmax and Vmax tests) as both the interval training and steady state groups. Keep in mind, two additional days a week for eight weeks the interval and steady state groups trained on the treadmill and the TRX group did not. From a metabolic and work capacity standpoint the TRX training was just as effective as the sport-specific skill, running in this case, without subjecting the participants to the pounding and potential overuse injury risk! What a great case for effective cross training.

These results have already started a stir in the popular media as the interval training versus steady state conditioning advocates defend their turf. The take home message here is TRX Suspension Training is an effective part of any training program. You will continue to see Suspension Training being studied and dissected by academics, clinicians, coaches and trainers. Fitness Anywhere will continue to lead the charge to determine the related science and best practices that maximize TRX Suspension Training. We will continue to deliver products, exercises and programming to help you to reach your potential and “make your body your machine!”

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2009, 02:36:52 AM »
sure. Then it's only the question, if a 150lbs couch potato is in a caloric deficit when eating ice cream all day.

Sorry but that doesn't make any sense, I never said anything like that.

And I couldn't see any connection between the article and this thread, please explain.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2009, 02:41:45 AM »
Sorry but that doesn't make any sense, I never said anything like that.

i know, but that was what TA said in the beginning. You can eat Pizza and McD all day long, because a calorie is a calorie.

Sure you can, but that means you can eat ONE Pizza for the whole day, or one BigMac menue.

You'll end up looking like MJ.

As long as you have a caloric deficit, you will lose weight, where's the problem with that? Ask any model in the world, she will confirm it.

Maybe you can add orange juice drenched cotton balls to your diet to fill you up better.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 02:46:20 AM »
Hey, this is great and all, but I don't like living my life on a constant calorie deficit. I like to really enjoy life, ya know. It's waaaaay too easy enjoyable.   :)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 02:49:15 AM »
i know, but that was what TA said in the beginning. You can eat Pizza and McD all day long, because a calorie is a calorie.

Sure you can, but that means you can eat ONE Pizza for the whole day, or one BigMac menue.

You'll end up looking like MJ.

As long as you have a caloric deficit, you will lose weight, where's the problem with that? Ask any model in the world, she will confirm it.

Maybe you can add orange juice drenched cotton balls to your diet to fill you up better.

If Adonis said something like that, without taking protein and overall calories into account, it's wrong, no doubt about it. That's not what I saw in his posts. I don't know his complete posting history though.

And again, I was never talking about the obvious rule of losing weight in a deficit, I have no idea why you come up with the same argument all the time. I am always talking about optimal or at least close to optimal body composition. On a bodybuilding forum that should go without saying.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2009, 02:50:04 AM »
Hey, this is great and all, but I don't like living my life on a constant calorie deficit. I like to really enjoy life, ya know. It's waaaaay too easy enjoyable.   :)

The rules are exactly the same for bulking or recompositioning, you only need to up calories.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 02:51:27 AM »
If Adonis said something like that, without taking protein and overall calories into account, it's wrong, no doubt about it. That's not what I saw in his posts. I don't know his complete posting history though.

And again, I was never talking about the obvious rule of losing weight in a deficit, I have no idea why you come up with the same argument all the time. I am always talking about optimal or at least close to optimal body composition. On a bodybuilding forum that should go without saying.

okay, you obviously look great, and you have success with what you do.

it's getting old, so i will stop arguing.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2009, 02:55:44 AM »
okay, you obviously look great, and you have success with what you do. it's getting old, so i will stop arguing.

That's because you don't have an argument. ;D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 02:59:08 AM »
no because you twist ahit without answering directly

" your moronic response will be : PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE I DIDN'T ANSWER DIRECTLY " ETC

fuck off schaisse

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 02:59:24 AM »

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2009, 03:01:32 AM »

" your moronic response will be : PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE I DIDN'T ANSWER DIRECTLY " ETC

fuck off schaisse

Quote from: sevastase
Again you are suggesting you got absolutely shredded on that and again I am calling you out as a big fucking liar ...
You are suggesting me that you go from pudgy to THAT eating restaurant food and icecream and THAT absolutely insults my intelligence.
I think you are full of shit and trying to be special, no cardio, shitty genetics (no offence), no fatburners, no t3, regular meals laced with fat and sugar.
The best genetics plus drugs do cardio and diet hard to get where you got while you do it without drugs cardio WITH shitty genetics and regular food.
Anyone with half a brain will laugh at you, you either diet harsh and you lie here to make it seem different, or you do eat like you do indeed but use t3 and eca or/and clen/albuterol.
Either way you are full of shit and I am calling you out.

'Alan Aragon has over 15 years of success in the fitness field. He earned his Bachelor and Master of Science in Nutrition with top honors. Alan is a continuing education provider for the Commission on Dietetic Registration, National Academy of Sports Medicine, American Council on Exercise, and National Strength & Conditioning Association. Alan recently lectured to clinicians at the FDA and the annual conference of the Los Angeles Dietetic Association. He maintains a private practice designing programs for recreational, Olympic, and professional athletes, including the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Kings, and Anaheim Mighty Ducks. Alan is a contributing editor to Men's Health magazine, where he has a monthly column called "Ask The Weight Loss Coach".'

Quote from: wavelength
A question for Alan Aragon, if you have a few minutes to spare. I'm again being accused of lying about my diet resp. having taken "t3 and eca or/and clen/albuterol".
The argument is that my "regular meals laced with fat and sugar" and my "****ty genetics" without drugs and cardio can never get me into the condition displayed in the pics.
"Burning fat naturally without drugs or cardio while ingesting fat, sugars, starches and hydrogenated oils" is allegedly impossible.
The conclusion finally is that "anyone with half a brain will laugh at me" for my claims of doing it the way I have described.
Since I assume you are someone with at least half a brain, I would like you to comment on these points, maybe with a little scientific background and/or experience you have with some of your clients.

Quote from: alan aragon
Do people really give you sh!t about your results because they weren't achieved with clean foods? That's funny, especially considering that people don't realize that "clean" is a subjective term. One thing to remember is that most people simply do not have a fundamental understanding of human physiology. Did you eat at a caloric deficit? Yes.  Did your protein intake and training regimen support LBM retention or at least minimize LBM loss? Yes...... I honestly don't see what's so fcking difficult for naysayers to understand about that.
At my absolute leanest, I ate a pint of hagen daaz every single night right before bed. I also did not have a car at the time, so I biked to school & work. I was running a caloric defricit, so I got lean. The people who give you sh!t are the same brotards who will spend $$$$ on completely useless supps, so we can laugh at them together.

;)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2009, 03:02:42 AM »

fuck off schaisse

And I answered every question directly and to the point.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 03:03:16 AM »
I don't laugh at TA because of this or anything else; I don't like him because he is a know-it-all, loafing prick who is drowning in self-righteousness.
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 03:04:54 AM »

no.

I don't laugh at TA because of this or anything else; I don't like him because he is a know-it-all, loafing prick who is drowning in self-righteousness.

very good, 100% spot on.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2009, 03:05:53 AM »
no.

You haven't presented one in this thread at least not one that is related to the topic at hand.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2009, 03:06:36 AM »
did the picture of hitler shows up guys?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2009, 03:06:55 AM »
And I answered every question directly and to the point.
no ... you copypasted the same boring shit

BTW : your boy u use as a refference is aliar and poser and like you tries to set himself apart vie wrapping the same old stinky shit in new tinfoil

here's my oopinnion of you adonis and the so called scientific studies you both adore to quote ( and you try to add validity to your stupid shit by associating it with such and such )

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2009, 03:09:45 AM »

Because you're a lowlife, knuckle dragging, libertine, simian bastard...

;)
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2009, 03:09:49 AM »
Great way of arguing as always. ;D

Did you even read the stuff I posted numerous times even once until now Sev?
It doesn't look like you did.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2009, 03:11:34 AM »
I hate the State.