Author Topic: why do athletes have a hard time being successful in other areas of life  (Read 3532 times)

blackbillions

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
with bodybuilders being s obsessive about diet,training,tanning etc why cant they take the same drive,determination and ambition to other areas of their life like lets say running a successful business

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
with bodybuilders being s obsessive about diet,training,tanning etc why cant they take the same drive,determination and ambition to other areas of their life like lets say running a successful business

athletes... ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith

They lack big picture thinking.  They can follow instructions with discipline, and can make obvious adjustments the way, say, an auto mechanic can, but most of them can't see the forest through the trees.  These guys are foot soldiers, not officers.
Ron: "I am lazy."

blackbillions

• Time Out
  • Getbig II

They lack big picture thinking.  They can follow instructions with discipline, and can make obvious adjustments the way, say, an auto mechanic can, but most of them can't see the forest through the trees.  These guys are foot soldiers, not officers.

r u successful goatboy?

uberman09

• Getbig IV

or simply because they re too stupid.

spinnis

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
r u successful goatboy?

It depends on how you define it, I suppose.  If you mean financially, yes.  If you mean "have I found useful and fulfilling leisure activities to engage in instead arguing on a stupid message board", no.
Ron: "I am lazy."

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  If you mean "have I found useful and fulfilling leisure activities to engage in instead arguing on a stupid message board", no.

Hahaaaaa

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong

Few can like Arnold, Franco; from todays pros maybe guys like Jay, Mark Dugdale and Branch.

Others put their whole energy and focus on the BB thing so there's no more power left for other areas of life (that's the typical tragic gymrat then).

blackbillions

• Time Out
  • Getbig II

It depends on how you define it, I suppose.  If you mean financially, yes.  If you mean "have I found useful and fulfilling leisure activities to engage in instead arguing on a stupid message board", no.

r u a multi millionaire?

blackbillions

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Few can like Arnold, Franco; from todays pros maybe guys like Jay, Mark Dugdale and Branch.

Others put their whole energy and focus on the BB thing so there's no more power left for other areas of life (that's the typical tragic gymrat then).

what does branch do outside of bb?

Alex23

Goatboy financials < Bob Chick's, Cutler's, Coleman's hence the jealousy and bashing.

Ironic, isn't it?

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

LMAO...

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
what does branch do outside of bb?

Don't know exactly, but there was an "In the trenches" episode with him. Think he has some huge import/export business going on or smth like that, you wouldn't that he'd be capable of being a successfull businessman as well at first sight, but he def made it, great house, cars and everything there.

Also has his own poshy personal training gym.

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1388/233/

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo

they love the "work" it takes to build a bodybuilders physique, it's a lot easier to work when you love your work

they don't like the work it takes to build a successful business

just because somebody has drive and determination for one thing doesn't mean they will have it for other things

E
E

lax

• Getbig IV
bc their 'entorurages' are far too big
they spend all their dough on 'bling'
they have cash
but no 'wealth'
and they never exercise their brains

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV

why would call tiger woods that,,,brutal attempt to call out someone when you livein your baseement,,,

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
didn't mark dugdale take over his father's business? how hard is that? why do you guys give him so much credit? because he's a "believer"?

very few people who are really good at one thing take that over into other areas. if they do, they deserve credit. it's tough enough for the average people to be at one thing in life, let alone two.

The Master

• Getbig V
didn't mark dugdale take over his father's business? how hard is that? why do you guys give him so much credit? because he's a "believer"?

very few people who are really good at one thing take that over into other areas. if they do, they deserve credit. it's tough enough for the average people to be at one thing in life, let alone two.

All they need to do is to hire a few reputable financial dudes and make sure to not spend more than they are told. Not that hard ;D

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
All they need to do is to hire a few reputable financial dudes and make sure to not spend more than they are told. Not that hard ;D

Just like everyone else. Hint: Personal bankruptcy filings are at an all time high in the US.

The Master

• Getbig V
Just like everyone else. Hint: Personal bankruptcy filings are at an all time high in the US.

The US is filled with sperm.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
r u successful goatboy?
on teh internetz he is

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA