Author Topic: Lebron gets dunked on by some kid from xavier  (Read 1458 times)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Lebron gets dunked on by some kid from xavier
« on: July 08, 2009, 05:07:26 PM »
the tape was confiscated  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Lebron gets dunked on by some kid from xavier
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 08:01:09 PM »
I hope this isn't becoming a trend with LeBron.  He hasn't fared well since losing to Orlando, including:

1.  Refusing to shake hands or appear at the mandatory press conference. 

2.  Wearing an "LBJ MVP" shirt after losing in the playoffs. 

3.  Depending on who you believe, lied to Ariza when trying to recruit him to Cleveland by assuring him he would be there in 2010. 

4.  Now this?  I agree with the First Take folks who said LeBron should have just laughed it off. 

Nike confiscates LeBron camp tapes
ESPN.com news services

AKRON, Ohio -- What happens at LeBron's camp stays at LeBron's camp.

A minor controversy erupted at the LeBron James Skills Academy on Monday night when two videographers recorded a pickup game in which Xavier's Jordan Crawford dunked on James.

Gary Parrish reported on CBSSports.com that a Nike representative confiscated tapes of the dunk after conferring with James.

Michael Kay: 7/8

Don La Greca talks with Ryan Miller, who took the now confiscated video of the Jordan Crawford dunk over LeBron James.

More Podcasts »

A representative with Nike, which runs the camp at the University of Akron in James' hometown, made no mention of Crawford's dunk. He said the tapes were confiscated because videotaping of after-hours pickup games at the camp is not allowed.

"Nike has been operating basketball camps for the benefit of young athletes for decades and has long-standing policies as to what events are open and closed to media coverage. Unfortunately, for the first time in four years, two journalists did not respect our no videotaping policy at an after-hours pickup game following the LeBron James Skills Academy," Nike spokesman Derek Kent said on Wednesday.

Ryan Miller, who videotaped the dunk and had his tape confiscated, detailed the events to CBSSports.com.

"[Nike Basketball senior director Lynn Merritt] just said, 'We have to take your tape,' " Miller said. "They took it from other guys, too."

Miller, who is a freelancer, was at the camp in part for ESPNU. He also was getting material for Syracuse.com. Miller, who attended Syracuse, had been part of ESPNU's Campus Connection program, which uses college students to report on various sports events at their campuses. The tape that was confiscated belonged to Miller, not ESPN, and he is not an ESPN employee.

Miller said he had been filming all day and only had his tapes confiscated after Crawford's dunk over James.

"LeBron called Lynn over and told him something," Miller told CBSSports.com. "That's how I knew his name was Lynn. LeBron said, 'Hey, Lynn. Come here.' "

Minutes later, Miller said Merritt demanded his tape.

"There's nothing I can think of besides LeBron just not wanting it online," Miller told CBSSports.com. "It's a good story to tell people, I guess. But then again, I'm kind of pissed. I lost my tape."

A spokesman for James said he had no comment.

The camp features 80 top basketball prospects from around the nation.

Crawford said his dunk happened in the first 20 minutes of a game that lasted about two hours and did not prompt any reaction from James.

"We just went on playing," Crawford said Wednesday. "It was exciting just to be playing on the same court as him. I can see why he is so great at what he does."

In an interview on ESPN First Take on Thursday, Crawford said he didn't realize the magnitude of his feat until he noticed the reaction of other players at the camp.

As for the tape not being available for public viewing, Crawford said: "It's really not a big deal to me."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4311048

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 09:39:19 AM »
What's the big deal that Lebron got dunked on? Great players get dunked on all the time. Chris Paul dunked on Dwight Howard last season. Whether college or pro, these guys are great athletes. It happens.

Jesus, it's definitely the dog days of summer when you have boring, uninteresting shit like this to comment on.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 10:59:17 AM »
The fact he got dunked on is not a big deal at all.  The fact they confiscated the tapes of the dunk to try and protect his image is a big deal.

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 11:12:55 AM »
I'll never buy a pair of Nike's again in my life. Or at least until I have a son who becomes a basketball star and gets a shoe contract from them...even then I won't buy them. They'll have to be given to me.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 09:30:22 AM »
The fact he got dunked on is not a big deal at all.  The fact they confiscated the tapes of the dunk to try and protect his image is a big deal.

Reminds me of how the practice team with Duke's Jason williams on it was making the the Dream team look bad, but then they came back...of course no tapes are available to verify this.

Nike has invested millions to build Lebron up as the next Jordan, and they don't want anything available that can hurt that image or their sales

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 07:35:13 PM »
This is it??  I was expecting something much more emphatic. 

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/07/22/lebron_dunk/index.html?cnn=yes

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 06:00:11 PM »
They got shamed into it. 

Nike will return tapes of dunk on LeBron
July 24, 2009
CBSSports.com wire reports   

CLEVELAND -- Nike says it is returning videotapes it confiscated of NBA star LeBron James getting dunked on at a recent basketball camp.

Nike said it is giving back tapes to two accredited journalists who filmed Xavier's Jordan Crawford dunking over James during a recent pickup game at a skills academy run by the superstar at the University of Akron. The sports apparel giant said only one of the tapes captured the infamous dunk, which has been an Internet sensation.

Nike said it took the tapes based on its media guidelines that no pickup games be filmed.

This week, videos emerged of Crawford's dunk in which he drove the lane and slammed over James, who was not guarding him and was the last defender between Crawford and the basket.

In its statement, Nike said it did not take the footage because James was dunked on.

"It was never about the play or the player, it was always about our media policy," Nike said. "The interest in the tapes has greatly overshadowed the focus of the camp, which is to help young athletes improve their skills, and that is regrettable. It was Nike's decision to take these tapes based on our media guidelines, which we will continue to enforce."

There was general disappointment in Crawford's dunk among online viewers when it began appearing on various websites in recent days. Crawford beat another defender down the lane and was able to gather himself before finishing over James, the current league MVP who has been subjected to worse treatment by his pro peers.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/11982352

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 08:43:21 PM »
the dunk wasnt even that special, it was a gotcha dunk. Its not like he had time to set, square up and challenge it.

really petty imo  ::)