Author Topic: Ethical ??? for Getbiggers who support Govt. Healthcare - what would you do?  (Read 1815 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
No....my brother in law does building inspections....the market was dead but I guess he's doing better now. But my point was directed in support of what 333 was saying. Money deson't go very far there.

They had a friend who was living in an apartment overlooking the central park....he got crushed in the recent crash and moved back in with his parents and is day trading.

U lead a very sad life TA don't u.
L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
No....my brother in law does building inspections....the market was dead but I guess he's doing better now. But my point was directed in support of what 333 was saying. Money deson't go very far there.

They had a friend who was living in an apartment overlooking the central park....he got crushed in the recent crash and moved back in with his parents and is day trading.

Not at all, but I suspect you do. As much hatred, paranoia and panic as you spew and feel, its a wonder how you and 333366 ever make it through a single day without suicide on the forefront.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

200k a decent living but not rich.

To me, rich is when someone has millions in assets and deposits in the bank.  

Think about this,  a lawyer of a few years or doctor who has nothing but massive school loans to pay off and have to absorb a huge cost of living and work tons of hours to make 200k in NYC.

Is it fair to punish that guy or girl when they are not rich and even at 200k in NYC, probably dont have even 250k saved in the bank????

Its ridiculous.   Income is not the same as wealth.    

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Not at all, but I suspect you do. As much hatred and panic as you spew and feel, its a wonder how you and 333366 ever make it through a single day without suicide on the forefront.

I am too busy hustling and generating my own income to survive, something you have never had to do and would not know how to do.

What i despite are the lazy slobs in society who want to punish people like myself for being succesful.  I am still at the office banging out work.  i have been here since 8 am.  And you have the balls to tell me about some societal obligation I have????

Screw that.  I pay my taxes and thats it.  Let some lazy jerkoff work half the hours I do and well see how quick they are to want to gove up their income to those who dont do shit.   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Yet they're going to be punished right along with the guy who manages to make the same thing and lives in Missouri. Ok TA...go deadlift and drive ur Lotus.

L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Someone in NYC at that income level already pays about 40% of their income in taxes, Federal, State, and Local.  

That is not enough?  
Here's what I think.  Cut out the bullshit.  Chop the hell out of the federal and other uneeded crap.  Pay fully for basic needs like health insurance and eduction.  Stop paying trillions to wage war with the world.  I really don't give a fuck if people on the other side of the world have democracy or whatever.  Let them find their own path.  That shit can't be handed to you.  You have to want it and take it or you will never appreciate it and won't have any incentive to keep it.  Trillions wasted on this nonsense.  Pay for the basic needs we all have and cut the crap.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Here's what I think.  Cut out the bullshit.  Chop the hell out of the federal and other uneeded crap.  Pay fully for basic needs like health insurance and eduction.  Stop paying trillions to wage war with the world.  I really don't give a fuck if people on the other side of the world have democracy or whatever.  Let them find their own path.  That shit can't be handed to you.  You have to want it and take it or you will never appreciate it and won't have any incentive to keep it.  Trillions wasted on this nonsense.  Pay for the basic needs we all have and cut the crap.

I agree with you, but that is not going to happen. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
I am too busy hustling and generating my own income to survive, something you have never had to do and would not know how to do.

What i despite are the lazy slobs in society who want to punish people like myself for being succesful.  I am still at the office banging out work.  i have been here since 8 am.  And you have the balls to tell me about some societal obligation I have????

Screw that.  I pay my taxes and thats it.  Let some lazy jerkoff work half the hours I do and well see how quick they are to want to gove up their income to those who dont do shit.   

I don`t feel sorry for your self imposed exile and greed at all nor am I keeping you from pursuing it.  You need shiny objects to rationalize and justify your life and will do whatever it takes to get there.  Besides, you are on Getbig posting, hardly a tough task.  

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I agree with you, but that is not going to happen. 
to bad.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I don`t feel sorry for your self imposed exile and greed at all nor am I keeping you from pursuing it.  You need shiny objects to rationalize and justify your life and will do whatever it takes to get there.  Besides, you are on Getbig posting, hardly a tough task.  

Spoken like a true trust fund baby. 

I have no choice in the matter.  I am my plan A, B, C, D, and E.  I dont do what I, I dont eat. 

I refuse to take any welfare or social assistance and will go to catskills and hunt for food before I ever take a govt handout or handout from another taxpayer.  Its a disgrace. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

To use a baseball analogy:

When you start out in life with a trust fund, you dont understand that while you are at third base in life by no doings of your own, many of us start from the batters box and are not content staying down and staying put.

Living in NYC takes a lot of money just to afford anything.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I read that the Democrat health plan inteds to add a surcharge of 3-4% on all people who make a AGI of $200k.  That is gross, not net, before deductions.  That is essentially a tax hike of between 6k to 8k.  Thus if you make 201k, now you will net $193k as a result of this tax hike.

Lets say you make 201k and support the Govt health plan.   

MY QUESTION IS THIS:

1.  Is it ethical for you to tell your employer to reduce you salary to $199k to avoid the tax increase even though you support the plan? 

YES OR NO????

if something like this went into effect (which I doubt it will) wouldn't it most likely be on the AGI > than 200k and wouldn'd their be some gross $$ cap.   In your example the person with an AGI of 201k would pay an additional $30-40.   Have you also considered how much that same person might save in health care premiums, deductibles (if he has a PPO which is what most people choose if they can afford it), etc...  

Have you considered that with a public option that many small companies who cannot afford to offer health care will no longer be at a disadvantage in attracting good employees.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I read that the Democrat health plan inteds to add a surcharge of 3-4% on all people who make a AGI of $200k.  That is gross, not net, before deductions.  That is essentially a tax hike of between 6k to 8k.  Thus if you make 201k, now you will net $193k as a result of this tax hike.

Lets say you make 201k and support the Govt health plan.   

MY QUESTION IS THIS:

1.  Is it ethical for you to tell your employer to reduce you salary to $199k to avoid the tax increase even though you support the plan? 

YES OR NO????

Doesn't sound unethical to me. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
if something like this went into effect (which I doubt it will) wouldn't it most likely be on the AGI > than 200k and wouldn'd their be some gross $$ cap.   In your example the person with an AGI of 201k would pay an additional $30-40.   Have you also considered how much that same person might save in health care premiums, deductibles (if he has a PPO which is what most people choose if they can afford it), etc...  

Have you considered that with a public option that many small companies who cannot afford to offer health care will no longer be at a disadvantage in attracting good employees.  

It was a hypothetical and we dont know if the amount will be on all income above 200k or how it will work. 

The problem with a public plan is that millions and millions of people like their employer provided health care and are going to get dumped on the public plan because their employer wont be able to compete with other businesses who do the same.  How is this good for people?

Additionally, a public plan will by definition lose money and the taxpayer is going to have to fund the shortfalls through more borrowoing or more taxing.  Either way it stinks. 

Think Medcaire, Medicaid, SS, all broke and near bust.