Author Topic: Do Atheists Proselytize?  (Read 27025 times)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: Do Atheists Proselytize?
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2011, 03:28:58 PM »
I'm sure some do. But comparing Christians preaching their personal belief and Atheists preaching their lack of belief it would be similar to saying Tiger Woods and I play golf. I play about twice a year... we both play golf but it's not the same thing.

Absolutely, there's not much of a comparison.  Christians have a direct charge from Christ to share his message so it's to be expected.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2011, 04:17:10 PM »
Sure seems like it.  Why do they try and convince people there is no God? 

Maybe I should have posted these questions in the "Is Atheism a Mental Disorder" thread?   :D

sure, some may but most just keep it to themselves

atheists don't have any mandate to spread their belief or push it upon others

this is nothing compared to christians who feel compelled to evangelize and spread the "good news" of jesus

you know, that you're born a sinner and your only hope of salvation is to accept jesus as your personal saviour

those people never shut the fuck up

no comparison

not even close

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2011, 06:27:38 PM »
Absolutely, there's not much of a comparison.  Christians have a direct charge from Christ to share his message so it's to be expected.

There is no comparison.  I wasn't making a comparison.  Just asking the question of whether they do or not.  Pretty organized group of non-believers (or whatever you call organized atheists). 

Did you know they have atheist churches? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2011, 06:45:17 PM »
There is no comparison.  I wasn't making a comparison.  Just asking the question of whether they do or not.  Pretty organized group of non-believers (or whatever you call organized atheists).  

Did you know they have atheist churches?  

didn't know that but I would guess that the vast majority of people who identify as atheist don't belong to any church and don't feel compelled in any way to convince someone to become an atheist

christians (and other religions) have a mandate to spread the word, evangelize, convert etc..

Are there organized atheist groups who travel the world going on mission trips, trying to convert the natives, etc..

I'm not aware of any but perhaps you know of some