Author Topic: Flex Wheeler 1993 vs. 1998.  (Read 26860 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Flex Wheeler 1993 vs. 1998.
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2009, 08:40:19 AM »
yes, when you have judges that say his torn bi 'made no difference', what do you expect?

he could have been 400 pounds and fat and the judges still would have looked the other way..

Get the quote right moron , it's ' Made no OVERALL difference " and it didn't like Ronnie's shit calves made no OVERALL difference compared to the guys he compete against

he could have been 298 pounds and fat oppssssss that's Ronnie 2004 and the judges looked the other way  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 08:44:11 AM »
Dorian winning a symerterry round at the olympia is as bad as havin a pms woman in charge of a nuke 

I would say so: :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009, 02:16:23 PM »
Get the quote right moron , it's ' Made no OVERALL difference " and it didn't like Ronnie's shit calves made no OVERALL difference compared to the guys he compete against

he could have been 298 pounds and fat oppssssss that's Ronnie 2004 and the judges looked the other way  ;)
As always Dorian wins again ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009, 02:22:55 PM »
I would say so: :-\

You would say so because you don't have the first clue on how contests are judged which is exactly the reason why you claimed Dorian was the most overrated bodybuilder of all time and he lots the 1993 Mr Olympia

Let me teach you once again dummy , ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS this means that the ' symmetry round ' symmetry is NOT I repeat NOT judged as a separate entity , muscular bulk , balance development , density , dryness . posing , presentation are ALL judged as once the same applies in the ' muscularity round ' as well

so while some guys met part of that criteria better than Dorian , they didn't meet ALL of it better which is exactly why and how Dorian never lost a single symmetry round despite not being the most ' symmetrical ' or why he never lost the posing rounds despite not being the best poser

That's how it work consider yourself schooled ( again )   ;)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 02:29:15 PM »
Nasser should have won the 98 AC.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2009, 02:29:41 PM »
You are indeed correct , I admire Dozza , his work ethic and drive is/was unmatched but comming from a perspective of the promotion of bodybuilding as to where it came from , its roots so to speak then Dorian would not win.

All you need to do is show someone who has nothing to do with bodybuilding both of there pics and there would be the answer , wow to kenny and yuck to dorian..

You call it "pretty" but this is what bodybuilding was based on , in the greek age where our "sport" began not mass at all costs..

Dorian winning a symerterry round at the olympia is as bad as havin a pms woman in charge of a nuke  ;D

You think Flex meets the Greek Ideal? of having the calves , arms and neck exactly the same size? they don't judge contests on the Greek Ideal if that were the case very few people would be champions .

Dorian wasn't mass for mass sake because he could have compete in 1993 at 269 pounds plus ! if he wanted to if that were the case Art Atwood would me a multiple Mr Olympia winner , he was more than size

and as far as the symmetry round is concerned see above on how contests are judged and then you'll understand how he did win those rounds

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2009, 02:30:37 PM »

Why do you feel he should have?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2009, 02:35:57 PM »
You would say so because you don't have the first clue on how contests are judged which is exactly the reason why you claimed Dorian was the most overrated bodybuilder of all time and he lots the 1993 Mr Olympia

Yep. It's obvious Hulkster doesn't really know how bodybuilding contests are judged and how the points are awarded for each round. Only thing he does know is posting the same bunch of pics endlessly (it's always bad pics of Dorian in transition or backstage or doing the front double bis from the waist up vs sharpened pics of Ronnie from the 99 Olympia and 2001 AC fully hitting a pose from a flattering angle) and talking about crap that has no basis in reality (like Dorian winning because he blew Joe Weider or whatever).

Good thing we've got you patiently schooling him on every single mistake of his everytime and setting the record straight ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2009, 02:44:39 PM »
NASSER = NO BACK

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2009, 02:48:33 PM »
Yep. It's obvious Hulkster doesn't really know how bodybuilding contests are judged and how the points are awarded for each round. Only thing he does know is posting the same bunch of pics endlessly (it's always bad pics of Dorian in transition or backstage or doing the front double bis from the waist up vs sharpened pics of Ronnie from the 99 Olympia and 2001 AC fully hitting a pose from a flattering angle) and talking about crap that has no basis in reality (like Dorian winning because he blew Joe Weider or whatever).

Good thing we've got you patiently schooling him on every single mistake of his everytime and setting the record straight ;D

Great post ! smart man  ;D

I'm glad intelligent people on here can see him for what he is and that's ignorant idiot

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2009, 02:51:37 PM »

I'm glad intelligent people on here can see him for what he is and that's ignorant idiot
Dorian wins again ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2009, 02:52:34 PM »
Dorian wins again ;D

Dorian always won even when he was off he was still better than everyone

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2009, 03:12:45 PM »

Dorian always won even when he was off he was still better than everyone

That's taking it a little far now, don't you think?  ;)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2009, 03:14:27 PM »
Bottom line Dorian out massed everyone for years, had decent symmetry and cuts no one stood a chance. He set a new standard. :o

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2009, 03:15:13 PM »
That's taking it a little far now, don't you think?  ;)

not really it's true 97 could have or should have been close and perhaps he should have lost that one but every other contest was NO contest 1994 included

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2009, 03:20:01 PM »
its funny, Flowerboy rambles on, totally oblivious to the fact that the 13th place competitor in 1994 is totally owning his hero in that relaxed comparsion...LMAO

you would never see that happening to Ronnie, thats for sure.

says alot about dorian's post tear presentations, doesnt it? lol
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2009, 03:22:57 PM »

wait, do you work at the flower shop with ND? lol ;D
Flower Boy Ran Away

suckmymuscle

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2009, 03:24:29 PM »

Flex is one of those bodybuilders who looks exactly the same year after year. The only "improvement" Flex did from contests he looked shitty to the ones he looked great was shed the film of water under his skin. Flex stopped evolving in terms of muscular development when he turned pro. Or maybe when he was a top amateur.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Antony77

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2009, 03:26:06 PM »
Dorian wasn't mass for mass sake because he could have compete in 1993 at 269 pounds plus ! if he wanted to if that were the case Art Atwood would me a multiple Mr Olympia winner , he was more than size

Seriously could you provide a link or source where Dorian says that he chose to lose muscle and come in lighter in 93 then he could have? Because I've never heard of a Bodybuilder going "Damn I've got too much muscle." before a contest ever, it's usually the exact opposite.

I seem to recall Dorian saying he had made mistakes in 93 and it wasn't a good example of his potential and he would be even bigger in 94.

But if I'm wrong does that mean he also "decided" to come in smaller in 96 then he had been in years? Or was that just a precontest screw up because he looked huge in his training video before the contest.

And I can't believe he would "choose" to look like this.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2009, 03:28:30 PM »
its funny, Flowerboy rambles on, totally oblivious to the fact that the 13th place competitor in 1994 is totally owning his hero in that relaxed comparsion...LMAO

In your opinion only, not according to actual judging, which is what determines contests.  Big difference, though you seem utterly oblivious to this fact.  The only owning that took place during Dorian's reign, was him owning Sandow trophies. 

Funny, how yet again a thread whose title has nothing to do with Dorian, degrades into your personal stomping ground to slam Yates.   ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2009, 03:30:32 PM »

you would never see that happening to Ronnie, thats for sure.

says alot about dorian's post tear presentations, doesnt it? lol

The relaxed comparison doesn't win entire contests I could care less who beat him in this shot who beat him in ALL shots and you missed the point even in that standing relaxed Dorian still has advantages because all rounds are physique rounds

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2009, 03:31:45 PM »
wait, do you work at the flower shop with ND? lol ;D

Why, do you want to send Ronnie some flowers again?

Remember that the judge warned you against doing that (among many things) when he approved the restraining order Ronnie filed against you ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2009, 03:33:16 PM »
Bottom line Dorian out massed everyone for years, had decent symmetry and cuts no one stood a chance. He set a new standard. :o
Again  :o

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2009, 03:36:16 PM »
Seriously could you provide a link or source where Dorian says that he chose to lose muscle and come in lighter in 93 then he could have? Because I've never heard of a Bodybuilder going "Damn I've got too much muscle." before a contest ever, it's usually the exact opposite.

I seem to recall Dorian saying he had made mistakes in 93 and it wasn't a good example of his potential and he would be even bigger in 94.

But if I'm wrong does that mean he also "decided" to come in smaller in 96 then he had been in years? Or was that just a precontest screw up because he looked huge in his training video before the contest.

And I can't believe he would "choose" to look like this.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian_yates_interview_1993_gym_shots.htm

[ Q ] The black and white gym photos that were taken of you in 1993 showed a drastic improvement in muscle size compared to 1992, the year you set a new standard for mass and conditioning. What changes had you made to your training program and diet to progress this fast?
dots

Everybody wants to know what I did that year, whether it was something special with training or, more likely some special drugs - that's what the usual conclusion is. It wasn't either of those, although my training did change a little bit - I did cut back on the volume slightly.

The main thing was, I was really still learning how to prepare for a contest and I made a point of recording everything I did and also took pictures every week going into the show (the 1993 Mr. Olympia). What I realized is that for '92 I was in great shape but I was near enough in that shape five or six weeks before the contest and kept coming down in bodyweight, wanting to get harder.

What I realized was happening was that I was just about as hard as I was going to get anyway. And if you are losing more weight at that point, what are you losing? I came to the conclusion that I was losing muscle. Although I was big and shredded in '92, I was competing well below my potential so, with that knowledge and all of my records, I decided the following year I would try to avoid that, basically the over dieting.

and that pic is from 1996 it's not great quality , this is 1996 as well I'm guessing he came in flat who knows why made it was a ' screw up ' but he was still hard as nails

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2009, 03:36:27 PM »
The relaxed comparison doesn't win entire contests I could care less who beat him in this shot who beat him in ALL shots and you missed the point even in that standing relaxed Dorian still has advantages because all rounds are physique rounds

yup.. all round are physique rounds

and in all rounds the judges looked the other way when it came to your hero.

hope this helps NarcisissticDaisy
Flower Boy Ran Away