Author Topic: Branch Warren Legs - July 13th  (Read 2768 times)

Method101

• Getbig V

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Branch Warren Legs - July 13th
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 01:55:02 AM »
HUGE legs..

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 04:36:36 AM »
Man!  Branch carries a ton of muscle!

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 06:10:30 AM »
Man!  Branch carries a ton of muscle!

Yeah yeah those squats with the 'head rest' make the squats look easier than doin' em straight.

Now all Branch needs is a ton of upper body muscle to match the lower body and its game over.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 06:20:28 AM »
yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaa  lightweight ::)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 06:40:26 AM »
Les and Brian are pretty cool

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 10:58:48 AM »
The part where he pulls up in his truck reminded me of Jehwit's stories LOL!

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 11:11:20 AM »
50 rep set on the leg press.. damn, maybe that's his secret

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 11:19:31 AM »
I gotta admit, i was really expecting something more hardcore.

heretostay13

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 11:32:11 AM »
Yeah yeah those squats with the 'head rest' make the squats look easier than doin' em straight.

Now all Branch needs is a ton of upper body muscle to match the lower body and its game over.

I see you've never done squats with a safety squat bar then have you? It actually places the load higher on the back putting more stress on the quad but is more comfortable than placing a normal bar that high(with the neck harness in place it's more comfortable to have it in that high position).

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »
brutal  shameless quarter reps on leg press, what are they teaching kids abt proper training?  :'(
follow the arrows

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 11:44:48 AM »
brutal  shameless quarter reps on leg press, what are they teaching kids abt proper training?  :'(

to be fair, he did take a very narrow stance

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 12:46:30 PM »
http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/2158/241/

The opening of the video is a RIOT...Branch looks like a MIDGET getting out of the truck...especially when he is walking along side of it...
C

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 01:46:34 PM »
absurd

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 02:07:59 PM »
The opening of the video is a RIOT...Branch looks like a MIDGET getting out of the truck...especially when he is walking along side of it...
yea lol brutal small man syndrome.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 02:51:49 PM »

LOL I was thinking the same thing.  Sure the truck is jacked up but he is 5'6"!  Think about that.  Have you actually ever stood next to someone who is 5'6"?  Every once in a while I will see a guy that short at my gym... I immediately think of Branch and roll my eyes with laughter. ::)

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 03:22:51 PM »

LOL I was thinking the same thing.  Sure the truck is jacked up but he is 5'6"!  Think about that.  Have you actually ever stood next to someone who is 5'6"?  Every once in a while I will see a guy that short at my gym... I immediately think of Branch and roll my eyes with laughter. ::)
are you saying branch warren would have to use stilts while he fucked your ass?

:-X :-X :-X

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 04:14:57 PM »
That guy doing the pulldowns aka "nubby" is my inspiration. I've been slacking geting back into the gym so no excuse now..

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 04:38:55 PM »

There is no "proper" ROM on the leg press IMO. Depends on what you're trying to work.

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2009, 04:40:49 PM »
are you saying branch warren would have to use stilts while he fucked your ass?

:-X :-X :-X

;D  ;D

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 04:52:59 PM »
There is no "proper" ROM on the leg press IMO. Depends on what you're trying to work.
While this may be true, I don't think Branch is doing it for that reason. However, it could be that he foudn that this is what works for him and he stuck to it. Would you be able to elaborate a little bit on that? IMHO, to "hit" different parts, one should use different stances instead of sacrificing too much ROM (TUT will suffer as a result of this as well.. but I guess u can make up for that by doing mroe reps). Same with squats; wide or deep squats for inner thigh development, and parallel or close stance for outer thighs. Now would quarter squats be better in developing a certain part of the quad as opposed to using the above techniques? I dunno, but doubtful.
follow the arrows

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2009, 05:13:09 PM »
While this may be true, I don't think Branch is doing it for that reason. However, it could be that he foudn that this is what works for him and he stuck to it. Would you be able to elaborate a little bit on that? IMHO, to "hit" different parts, one should use different stances instead of sacrificing too much ROM (TUT will suffer as a result of this as well.. but I guess u can make up for that by doing mroe reps). Same with squats; wide or deep squats for inner thigh development, and parallel or close stance for outer thighs. Now would quarter squats be better in developing a certain part of the quad as opposed to using the above techniques? I dunno, but doubtful.

I feel long ROM brings in other muscles, like glutes and hams. Also can be tough on the groin and lower back. It may just be me, since I've never been able to do full reps on the angled leg press due to flexibility issues (not that I do leg presses much... basically never). Same as with squats, going ass to floor brings in glutes much more. There may be no need to go full range on squats if you want to develop the quads but I think it depends a lot on structure also. I only do full squats and have NO quad development to speak of. Somehow it all transfers to the hams and glutes. If I wanted bigger quads I'd start doing parallel squats and short range leg presses.

Short range, high rep leg presses sure pump up the quads like no other.  :D

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 05:13:59 PM »
Branch is a man with muscles.....
No doubt about it...

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 05:34:30 PM »
Les is aptly named - do you agree?
U

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 06:14:50 PM »
I feel long ROM brings in other muscles, like glutes and hams. Also can be tough on the groin and lower back. It may just be me, since I've never been able to do full reps on the angled leg press due to flexibility issues (not that I do leg presses much... basically never). Same as with squats, going ass to floor brings in glutes much more. There may be no need to go full range on squats if you want to develop the quads but I think it depends a lot on structure also. I only do full squats and have NO quad development to speak of. Somehow it all transfers to the hams and glutes. If I wanted bigger quads I'd start doing parallel squats and short range leg presses.

Short range, high rep leg presses sure pump up the quads like no other.  :D
I see. That is possible I guess.
follow the arrows