Author Topic: Bernake admitted to Sen. Shelby that we will likley have a "jobless recovery".  (Read 522 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Fed Chairman Sees Possibility Of 'Jobless' Recovery: Shelby
CNBC ^ | 7/13/2009 | Staff

Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 5:27:14 PM by Red in Blue PA

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke sees the possibility of continued high unemployment even after the recession eases, a key Republican lawmaker who met with the Fed chief told CNBC. Ben Bernanke --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It was a rather sobering meeting," Sen. Richard Shelby, an Alabama Republican, said in a live interview. "I said...'Could this be a jobless recovery?'...and he said it could be," Shelby said.

Bernanke has predicted the recession will end this year, with many economists forecasting that the economy will start to grow again as soon as the current July-September quarter. But his comments on unemployment appeared to be more pessimistic than any of his recent public statements.

"I didn't come out of the meeting feeling a lot of euphoria," Shelby said. See video for entire interview.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnbc.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ________

I swear, some of us have been saying the same thing for months.  Getbig has better financial info than most outlets. 

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Jobless Recovery = Banks start making lots of money & paying out huge bonuses.

I'm no economist, but how exactly does your economy recover when it has less consumers with $$$ ?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.

"I didn't come out of the meeting feeling a lot of euphoria," Shelby said.

I don't know why but this had me laughing.

Bernanke's got the anit Midas touch, everything turns to shit.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
Jobless Recovery = Banks start making lots of money & paying out huge bonuses.

I'm no economist, but how exactly does your economy recover when it has less consumers with $$$ ?
good questions I always though,,economy = consumer spending = banks getting paid = everyone happy up top no the reverese where bank gets money,,,,stores stay alive but cant sell,,,consumer joe bloe who has no job cant pay for food, housing, among neccessitys

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Seriously, I'm still waiting for a single Obongo policy to have a positive effect on the economy.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
I wouldn't advise holding your breath brixton.  Obama has lobbyists/supporters to appease/re-emburse, and until that's done nothing good will happen.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Seriously, I'm still waiting for a single Obongo policy to have a positive effect on the economy.

They wont because they have never worked.  Obama does not have any "new" ideas.  He has old tired failed ideas that are destined for failure.