Author Topic: Boxing is dead  (Read 14930 times)

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Boxing is dead
« on: July 14, 2009, 10:34:27 AM »
Nobody's watching that shit anymore

UFC 100 total purse (all fighters combined  ) $1.790,000.
Manny Pacquiao last fight purse (against Hatton)  $12 million

Oh brother ,Hahaaaa

spinnis

Re: Boxing is dead
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 10:35:55 AM »
 ::)

Every single month UFC draws a HUGE crowd and PPV buys.

What does boxing do every single month?

Nothing lol!

and Brock got about 4-5 million for the fight in total.

MoralMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 10:39:28 AM »
Boxing needs a heavyweight star, remember the name James Stabler - former cage fighter in Cage Rage now boxing

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 10:40:42 AM »

::) Source ,please

spinnis

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 10:43:00 AM »
  ::) Source ,please

they get a % of the PPV buys also.

Im will search later, I have 2 females cover over in a few min HEHE

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 10:43:16 AM »
Boxing needs a heavyweight star, remember the name James Stabler - former cage fighter in Cage Rage now boxing

Yes, boxing needs another Tyson like wrasslin needs another Stone Cold/Rock/Hulk Hogan.   

MMA has hype because every dbag on the street thinks he's a badass and will someday be in an MMA ring LOL!!!

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 10:43:34 AM »
they get a % of the PPV buys also.

Im will search later, I have 2 females cover over in a few min HEHE

Will these females smell like nuts or nut-oil?

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 10:44:46 AM »
Yes, boxing needs another Tyson like wrasslin needs another Stone Cold/Rock/Hulk Hogan.   

MMA has hype because every dbag on the street thinks he's a badass and will someday be in an MMA ring LOL!!!

MMA is popular because it's more multi-dimensional and complex (= more exiting for most) than boxing. A lot more can happen in a MMA fight than a boxing fight.

But the tapout thing helps as well. :D

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 10:53:31 AM »

Every single month UFC draws a HUGE crowd and PPV buys.

What does boxing do every single month?

Nothing lol!

Swede you can't expect to just throw out numbers without getting called on it.  It is known how much the UFC paid the fighters.  Where did the other $3+ million come from.  I'm sure he has sponsors but can you name them and give us the exact amount Lesnar got.  Since you are the self-appointed President of the Lesnar Fan Club I am sure you have those numbers.  By the way boxing will be fine so no worries there.  We will wait....................
No Worries 4 me

spinnis

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 10:54:24 AM »
Swede you can't expect to just throw out numbers without getting called on it.  It is known how much the UFC paid the fighters.  Where did the other $3+ million come from.  I'm sure he has sponsors but can you name them and give us the exact amount Lesnar got.  Since you are the self-appointed President of the Lesnar Fan Club I am sure you have those numbers.  By the way boxing will be fine so no worries there.  We will wait....................

Im trying to find it.

You HONESTLY think at ufc 100 at the MAIN EVENT mir only got paid like 50k?

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 10:55:14 AM »
Hardcore boxing fans will always use money as a comparsion as that is pretty much the only thing that is "winning" for them when compared to MMA. I love both sports, they can both co-exist

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 10:57:47 AM »
MMA is popular because it's more multi-dimensional and complex (= more exiting for most) than boxing. A lot more can happen in a MMA fight than a boxing fight.

But the tapout thing helps as well. :D

I don't disagree with the technical aspects of MMA, but the current hype stems from every Joe Blow Badass that "relates" to MMA.  Who can blame them?   They grew up watching wrasslin and new they neither had the size nor the charisma to make it there.   They watched boxing and simply didn't have the skillset.   They watch MMA and loe and behold the heavens open up cause it is such a mixed bag and everyone within is a diehard, dbag idiot....it's like they've finally found their niche.  MMA allows every self-proclaimed badass the opportunity to showoff their green belt judo skills.

spinnis

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 10:59:49 AM »
I don't disagree with the technical aspects of MMA, but the current hype stems from every Joe Blow Badass that "relates" to MMA.  Who can blame them?   They grew up watching wrasslin and new they neither had the size nor the charisma to make it there.   They watched boxing and simply didn't have the skillset.   They watch MMA and loe and behold the heavens open up cause it is such a mixed bag and everyone within is a diehard, dbag idiot....it's like they've finally found their niche.  MMA allows every self-proclaimed badass the opportunity to showoff their green belt judo skills.

I would say it takes more skill to be a very good mma artist, boxing, BJJ, wrestling etc, then it takes to become a good boxer.. :)

Now Im talking about a black belt bjj guy etc. Not your average tapout fighter lol.

Unless your name is Bj penn it takes years and years to become a legit black belt under for example the gracie family.

And ALOT of ufc fighers are legit black belts.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 11:01:07 AM »

Most MMA fighters are pretty decent people. Guys like GSP and Randy = class acts.

And these douchebags would get their eyes opened if rolling or going standup (or fully fledged MMA) against one of their "heroes".

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 11:03:09 AM »

QFT.

The whole thing is funny as hell. 

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 11:05:23 AM »
I would say it takes more skill to be a very good mma artist, boxing, BJJ, wrestling etc, then it takes to become a good boxer.. :)

Now Im talking about a black belt bjj guy etc. Not your average tapout fighter lol.

You don't become a championship boxer overnight either my MMA Lesner loving friend.Dont underestmate boxers skill. As for money the top boxers earn 10x what the top mma fighters do.

While i appreciate that to become a quality fighter in the UFC requires hard work, skill and dedication, there is still only one noble art.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 11:07:11 AM »
You don't become a championship boxer overnight either my MMA Lesner loving friend.Dont underestmate boxers skill. As for money the top boxers earn 10x what the top mma fighters do.

While i appreciate that to become a quality fighter in the UFC requires hard work, skill and dedication, there is still only one noble art.

Your noble art produced the now great Meldrick Taylor :D

spinnis

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 11:07:37 AM »

Lesnar had a amateur wrestling record of 106-5  , I wouldnt call that "all of a sudden"  :)

BJJ is also a art. Kinda like chess.

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 11:09:37 AM »
Lesnar had a amateur wrestling record of 106-5  , I wouldnt call that "all of a sudden"  :)

BJJ is also a art. Kinda like chess.

Have you ever boxed? :D (not eggs)

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 11:10:38 AM »
What I don't like about MMA is that the fight usually ends up on the ground which I'm sure is very 'technical' but it's very boring to watch.

Boxing is often more paced, quick movements around the ring with lots of jabs and punches being traded, especially in the lighter weight divisions.

spinnis

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 11:10:51 AM »
Have you ever boxed? :D (not eggs)

Wanted to but legs are keeping my away from it, and I have a pathetic reach. Did some thaiBoxing but that doesn't count lol.

Trained submission wrestling aka shootfighting though.

toc67guru

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 11:11:50 AM »
"Lesnar's purse was US$400,000 according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Mir got $45,000."

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 11:12:53 AM »
Wanted to but legs are keeping my away from it, and I have a pathetic reach. Did some thaiBoxing but that doesn't count lol.

Trained submission wrestling aka shootfighting though.

You should give it a go, great sport. It will help your allround game.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 11:13:27 AM »
Im trying to find it.

You HONESTLY think at ufc 100 at the MAIN EVENT mir only got paid like 50k?

That's just it I can't believe it either.  I would hope not.
No Worries 4 me

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 11:14:50 AM »
What I don't like about MMA is that the fight usually ends up on the ground which I'm sure is very 'technical' but it's very boring to watch.

Boxing is often more paced, quick movements around the ring with lots of jabs and punches being traded, especially in the lighter weight divisions.

The funniest thing is boxers fighting MMA fighters (not Tim Sylvia ;D) under MMA rules :D