Author Topic: MMA fighters vs. IFBB pros (Bob Chick Melting Down)  (Read 37438 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: MMA fighters vs. IFBB pros (Bob Chick Melting Down)
« Reply #375 on: July 29, 2009, 07:22:12 PM »

Still photoshopping homoerotic pics in your spare time I see...

LOL

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #376 on: July 29, 2009, 07:28:12 PM »
Bob, you can't deny the fact that if someone wants the drugs at the gym, all they have to do is get in good with the gym "pro" or "competitor".  if he doesn't sell them himself, he knows a guy.
Deep Tissue Massage

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #377 on: July 29, 2009, 07:34:07 PM »
Bob, you can't deny the fact that if someone wants the drugs at the gym, all they have to do is get in good with the gym "pro" or "competitor".  if he doesn't sell them himself, he knows a guy.

Whats your point?

That said...WHO CARES?

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #378 on: July 29, 2009, 07:42:24 PM »
 Point is, there's no money in bodybuilding, only the top 3 or top 4 makes money.
 Most of the Pros ::). make money with g4p or selling drugs.

8)
Gracie Rules

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #379 on: July 29, 2009, 07:44:56 PM »
Point is, there's no money in bodybuilding, only the top 3 or top 4 makes money.
 Most of the Pros ::). make money with g4p or selling drugs.

8)

REALLY?   :o

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #380 on: July 30, 2009, 12:37:03 AM »
where is LEE in al this?..

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #381 on: July 30, 2009, 12:45:02 AM »
where is LEE in al this?..

top or bottom?  ;D ;D

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #382 on: July 30, 2009, 12:53:48 AM »
hahah chick is melting. I bet tomorrow he buys a tapout shirt.
A

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #383 on: July 30, 2009, 01:02:34 AM »
Whats your point?

That said...WHO CARES?

I bet a lot of people care that steroids are sold to young guys in the gyms, the fact that you don't shows a lot.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #384 on: July 30, 2009, 05:19:22 AM »
There were many exceptions to what you describe...Shawn Ray, Rich Gaspari, lee Haney, Gary Strydom, Troy Zuccolotto, Phil Hill...just off the top of my hea.

Shawn Rays name shouldn't be on that list.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #385 on: July 30, 2009, 05:26:25 AM »
Bodybuilders don't accept that a small guy will submit him.
 People don't understand, that bodybuilders are like poodles.

Bottom line is. right now MMA fighters rule the world.

8)

I took jujitstu from 1997 until 1999.  Lots of people there were poodles too. Trust me

Yo can't lump everyone together and categorize them.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #386 on: July 30, 2009, 05:37:16 AM »
Bodybuilders don't accept that a small guy will submit him.
 People don't understand, that bodybuilders are like poodles.

Bottom line is. right now MMA fighters rule the world.

8)

I also would like to add that I think pro football is the toughest sport out there. Brock Lesnar couldn't make the Vikings 2nd team back in 2006.

The NFL is the only sport where guys get carted off the field on stretchers, or driven off by emergent units. Guys get paralyzed in the NFL. Way rougher on the body than MMA. I don't think there is a single MMA guy that could make an NFL team.

Imagine Rampage Jackson trying to run over Osi Umenyera or Justin Tuck. Lol

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #387 on: July 30, 2009, 11:49:11 AM »

I also would like to add that I think pro football is the toughest sport out there. Brock Lesnar couldn't make the Vikings 2nd team back in 2006.

The NFL is the only sport where guys get carted off the field on stretchers, or driven off by emergent units. Guys get paralyzed in the NFL. Way rougher on the body than MMA. I don't think there is a single MMA guy that could make an NFL team.

Brock was the final cut in 2006.  He also didn't play organized football since high school.  Definitely a detriment.  Football isn't just about raw athleticism, there is a lot of technique.  Footwork, and specific skills are necessary for each position, even offensive and defensive lines.  It is certainly violent, but MMA is just as much.  Sixty minutes versus a maximum of 25.  Running full steam, head first (still being done) into another human being isn't a long term healthy thing to do. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #388 on: July 30, 2009, 11:53:12 AM »

Exactly.

Could you imagine if all the pro football players deciding to stop playing football and to focus solely on MMA??

Then we would have some awesome fights!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #389 on: July 30, 2009, 11:53:36 AM »
Still photoshopping homoerotic pics in your spare time I see...

LOL

Its only gay if you want it to be

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #390 on: July 30, 2009, 12:10:55 PM »
This thread has AIDS. "Bob isn't it true bodybuilders take steroids?!" etc. Pointless questions.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #391 on: July 30, 2009, 12:36:08 PM »

Exactly.

Could you imagine if all the pro football players deciding to stop playing football and to focus solely on MMA??

Then we would have some awesome fights!

We will have great fights. ::) ::) ::)

Gracie Rules

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #392 on: July 30, 2009, 02:12:34 PM »

That is ONE...yes count it....ONE fucking guy....a 300+ lb slow as hell guy with terrible conditioning.

I'm talking about HUNDREDS of strong, fast, well conditioned, elite athletes.

You can't tell me that out of the couple  hundred or so linebackers who play NFL football there aren't a few who wouldn't be able to compete at a high level with a few years of MMA training.

What is there even to argue or roll your eyes at??

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #393 on: July 30, 2009, 03:50:37 PM »

QFT
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #394 on: July 30, 2009, 04:15:07 PM »
Why are so many guys here so obsessed with fighting ability?  How often do you end up in a street-fight situation?  Unless you're immature or a low-life, probalby few to none.  Fighting ability is cool the odd once in a lifetime where you might have to defend yourself, but big muscles look cool 24/7, wherever you go  8)  Besides, if you're really concerned about being in situations where you need to fight, why not just carry a weapon?  A twink with a gun would scare away any MMA fighter ;)

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #395 on: July 30, 2009, 04:17:21 PM »
Why are so many guys here so obsessed with fighting ability?  How often do you end up in a street-fight situation?  Unless you're immature or a low-life, probalby few to none.  Fighting ability is cool the odd once in a lifetime where you might have to defend yourself, but big muscles look cool 24/7, wherever you go  8)  Besides, if you're really concerned about being in situations where you need to fight, why not just carry a weapon?  A twink with a gun would scare away any MMA fighter ;)

for once i think i agree with bigbobs

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #396 on: July 30, 2009, 04:34:10 PM »
well nowadays people get more and more violent for no reasons whatsoever , due to the influence of these "mma" and "ufc" crap you see on tv and the internet.

They dont control their frustrations and shortcomings anymore, society ironically promotes the use of violence as a mean to end conflicts even in your neighborhood. Even the 35 + old are sick of getting laughed at by younger unrespectful "kids" who dont give a flying fuck about anything in life.

Everbody's a cagefighter wanabee, so physical encounters for nothing are going to be more and more comon in our western societies, especially with the importation of immigrants who come from tough third world areas and who also promotes and increase greatly violence and the spread of its influence on white youths.

i wouldnt be surprised though that in arab/muslim countries life is less violent and youths are more respectful of other individuals and especially elders. But here in occident, it's changing, people respect nothing and noone, and all think they are as tough as their "hero" they saw on TV the night before...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #397 on: July 30, 2009, 04:41:51 PM »

Well said.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #398 on: July 30, 2009, 04:51:57 PM »

just because Bob sapp lost a couple fights....I dont think he played in the NFL but even if he did....it doesnt mean that MMA is rougher than the NFL. The NFL is way rougher. No question. And WAY more popular. Thats why they get paid the big bucks

NFL players are tough......and big ....and fast...and have vertical leaps

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #399 on: July 30, 2009, 04:57:33 PM »

Oh wow!!! a big muscle guy, that needs a gun to defend himself.
 Listen bro, man up or shut up.

8)
Gracie Rules