Author Topic: Mike Brown vs. Jose Aldo Set to Fight On November 11  (Read 645 times)

MMAWaves

• Getbig II
Mike Brown vs. Jose Aldo Set to Fight On November 11
« on: July 14, 2009, 02:10:58 PM »
Mike Brown will be defending his WEC featherweight title against Jose Aldo on November 11, according to InTheGuard.tv.

Who do you like in this fight?

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: Mike Brown vs. Jose Aldo Set to Fight On November 11
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 02:14:32 PM »
I don't think anyone's gonna beat Mike Brown for a long time......

unless he has a bad wieght cut before a fight...

a healthy mike brown @ 145 is gonna dominate...

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 08:03:21 PM »
That fight is winnable for Brown, but it won't be fan friendly.  He will have to bust out with some Tito style lay and pray.  I've met both of those guys and Brown is definately the bigger guy, his wrestling is the only clear cut advantage he has skill wise against Aldo and he will need to use it.  Aldo is pretty slick on the ground (he's a legit BJJ blackbelt), but we have yet to really see it since he has so much fun destroying people on the feet.
Predictions
 40/61

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 10:42:05 PM »
i think aldo has to much in his bag of tricks for brown, to be honest i think he will beat the crap out of brown in the striking area, i think if it hits the ground aldo will sweep brown and do some gnp or submit brown. browns a tough dog but aldo is gonna be the man in that weight class for awhile, just my opinion. the fans like the aldo type of fighter that throws flying knees, superman punches ect, i think the wec is lookin to make aldo one of the new faces of the wec. and why not, the guy is so exciting to watch cause ya never know what the heck hes gonna do next :o
R