Author Topic: Soldier Who Claims Obama Isn't Legal President Doesn't Have to Deploy  (Read 1420 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
This is dumb.  Throwing away his career over something like this? 

Soldier Who Claims Obama Isn't Legal President Doesn't Have to Deploy
U.S. Army Major Stefan Frederick Cook, who volunteered for duty in May, says he would be committing a crime to serve under Barack Obama because he believes Obama was born outside of the United States, making him ineligible to become president.

FOXNews.com

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A reserve soldier has been granted his request not to deploy to Afghanistan because he believes Barack Obama's presidency is not legitimate, the Columbus, Ga., Ledger-Enquirer reported Wednesday.

U.S. Army Major Stefan Frederick Cook, who volunteered for duty in May, says he would be committing a crime to serve under Obama because he believes Obama was born outside of the United States, making him ineligible to become president.

Lt. Col. Maria Quon, an Army spokeswoman, told the newspaper that Cook was no longer expected to report Wednesday to MacDill Air Force Base in Florida for mobilization to active duty.

Cook filed a request last week in federal court seeking a temporary restraining order and status as a conscientious objector through his attorney, Orly Taitz, the newspaper reported.

Taitz, who has challenged the legitimacy of Obama's presidency in other courts, asked the court to consider granting her client's request based upon Cook's belief that Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and therefore ineligible to serve as commander-in-chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Cook states he "would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions outside the United States under this President's command, simultaneously subjecting himself to possible prosecution as a war criminal by the faithful execution of these duties."

Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961, two years after it became a state.

Cook is an "individual mobilization augmentee," or a reserve soldier assigned to an active component unit for duty, the newspaper said. He submitted a formal written request to Human Resources Command-St. Louis on May 8 volunteering to serve on year in Afghanistan.

A hearing on Cook's request will take place Thursday in federal court in Columbus, Ga.

Incidentally, Cook did not have to hire a lawyer to refuse his orders to go to Afghanistan. As a reserve soldier and volunteer, he has the right to revoke his deployment orders.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/15/soldier-claims-obama-isnt-legal-president-doesnt-deploy/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Birther Soldier Fired From His Civilian Defense Contracting Job

According to Orly Taitz, the attorney for Maj. Stefan F. Cook, the reservist who has asked not to be sent to Afghanistan unless President Barack Obama provides more proof of his American citizenship has been fired from his job.

Source: Washington Independent

By David Weigel 7/15/09 3:00 PM

According to Orly Taitz, the attorney for Maj. Stefan F. Cook, the reservist who has asked not to be sent to Afghanistan unless President Barack Obama provides more proof of his American citizenship has been fired from his job. In Taitz’s application for injunction, she recounts what happened after the Department of Defense revoked its request to Cook.

Plaintiff Major Cook called his civilian boss, the CEO of Simtech, Inc. … The CEO of Simtech, Inc., Larry Grice, explained to Plaintiff over a series of four conversations within the next two hours, that he had been terminated. Grice told the Plaintiff that he would no longer be welcome in his former position at SOCOM but that Grice wanted to see whether he could find something within the company (Simtech, Inc.) for Cook. The upshot was that at this time Grice did not have anything for Plaintiff to do. Grice told Plaintiff, in essence, that the situation had become “nutty and crazy”, and that Plaintiff would no longer be able to work at his old position.

I’ve asked Cook to confirm all of this.

UPDATE: Cook emailed me and said that Taitz’s account was “correct.” He’s been fired.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
First off he volunteered as opposed to being called up so I have no idea whether he just took his name out of the running or Uncle Sam unvolunteered him. He's also a contractor for a company that works with SOCOM down at Mcdill AFB.  His company told him he's not welcome back there. He didn't get fired but he doesn't have a slot either. I'm not sure thats legal but whatever. This guy is an idiot. If u want to make a statement, retire or resign and run for office, start a blog etc. I hate Obama, but the chance to serve my country and do all manner of fun shit, trumps Barry and his bullshit.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
First off he volunteered as opposed to being called up so I have no idea whether he just took his name out of the running or Uncle Sam unvolunteered him. He's also a contractor for a company that works with SOCOM down at Mcdill AFB.  His company told him he's not welcome back there. He didn't get fired but he doesn't have a slot either. I'm not sure thats legal but whatever. This guy is an idiot. If u want to make a statement, retire or resign and run for office, start a blog etc. I hate Obama, but the chance to serve my country and do all manner of fun shit, trumps Barry and his bullshit.

Word.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Nobody in class agree's with this guy, but is did spur a debate on exactly where our oaths lie and what duties we have as an officer corp. It made our instructors job eaiser today.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Nobody in class agree's with this guy, but is did spur a debate on exactly where our oaths lie and what duties we have as an officer corp. It made our instructors job eaiser today.

You should bring up that traitor Watada tomorrow.  :)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini

He's a reservist, and reservists can apparently change their minds at any point before they are scheduled to deploy. In that sense, the fact that he was granted the request was not unusual.

Obviously, this guy is just attention-whoring. He volunteered for duty AFTER Obama had taken office.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Can everyone else use the same excuse?

Also, wasn't Obama president in May? This doesn't make any sense.
G

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
Can everyone else use the same excuse?

Also, wasn't Obama president in May? This doesn't make any sense.

Damn, Another Quitter.
Sandra

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
What an ignoramus. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Soldier Who Claims Obama Isn't Legal President Doesn't Have to Deploy
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 07:16:18 AM »
He didn't get fired 

It says plain as day he got fired.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 08:35:03 AM »
It says plain as day he got fired.

He got fired after he filed this grievance. 

WHERE IS THE REAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE?????

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 09:41:56 AM »
He's a reservist, and reservists can apparently change their minds at any point before they are scheduled to deploy. In that sense, the fact that he was granted the request was not unusual.

Obviously, this guy is just attention-whoring. He volunteered for duty AFTER Obama had taken office.

Reservists can't do that but this guy volunteered for what is called a TCS deployment. That is, he goes as an individual agumentee, not part of a unit. Uncle Sam says that we need an 04 to fill a certain job. They looked for volunteers and he raised his hand. This was a stunt, a poor stunt and he lost his job because of it.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 09:57:58 AM »
WHERE IS THE REAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE?????

hi, partisan conspiracy theorist.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 10:01:50 AM »
hi, partisan conspiracy theorist.

240 - serious - where is the real Birth Certificate? 

Let's see if we can get Beach to post his and see if it is similar to the thing posted on the WH site?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 10:13:54 AM »
This is dumb.  Throwing away his career over something like this? 

Soldier Who Claims Obama Isn't Legal President Doesn't Have to Deploy
U.S. Army Major Stefan Frederick Cook, who volunteered for duty in May, says he would be committing a crime to serve under Barack Obama because he believes Obama was born outside of the United States, making him ineligible to become president.

FOXNews.com

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A reserve soldier has been granted his request not to deploy to Afghanistan because he believes Barack Obama's presidency is not legitimate, the Columbus, Ga., Ledger-Enquirer reported Wednesday.

U.S. Army Major Stefan Frederick Cook, who volunteered for duty in May, says he would be committing a crime to serve under Obama because he believes Obama was born outside of the United States, making him ineligible to become president.

Lt. Col. Maria Quon, an Army spokeswoman, told the newspaper that Cook was no longer expected to report Wednesday to MacDill Air Force Base in Florida for mobilization to active duty.

Cook filed a request last week in federal court seeking a temporary restraining order and status as a conscientious objector through his attorney, Orly Taitz, the newspaper reported.

Taitz, who has challenged the legitimacy of Obama's presidency in other courts, asked the court to consider granting her client's request based upon Cook's belief that Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and therefore ineligible to serve as commander-in-chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Cook states he "would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions outside the United States under this President's command, simultaneously subjecting himself to possible prosecution as a war criminal by the faithful execution of these duties."

Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961, two years after it became a state.

Cook is an "individual mobilization augmentee," or a reserve soldier assigned to an active component unit for duty, the newspaper said. He submitted a formal written request to Human Resources Command-St. Louis on May 8 volunteering to serve on year in Afghanistan.

A hearing on Cook's request will take place Thursday in federal court in Columbus, Ga.

Incidentally, Cook did not have to hire a lawyer to refuse his orders to go to Afghanistan. As a reserve soldier and volunteer, he has the right to revoke his deployment orders.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/15/soldier-claims-obama-isnt-legal-president-doesnt-deploy/

I thought this was stupid too, Beach.  He shouldn't have picked this battle. 

Obama's NEVER going to produce that birth certificate.  This is the wrong battle. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 10:20:54 AM »
240 - serious - where is the real Birth Certificate? 

The state of Hawaii said it's real.

Now... let's make this clear... you think an entire US state would cover up this? lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 10:22:47 AM »
The state of Hawaii said it's real.

Now... let's make this clear... you think an entire US state would cover up this? lol

My personal belief is that it says on there that Obama is muslim.  That is why he is hiding it.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 10:29:27 AM »
My personal belief is that it says on there that Obama is muslim.  That is why he is hiding it.  

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=obama%20birth%20certificate&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 11:52:33 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHA you're a nut! 333 is the new Samson.
Abandon every hope...

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 06:40:16 PM »

Reservists can't do that but this guy volunteered for what is called a TCS deployment. That is, he goes as an individual agumentee, not part of a unit. Uncle Sam says that we need an 04 to fill a certain job. They looked for volunteers and he raised his hand. This was a stunt, a poor stunt and he lost his job because of it.

True...but. When I got called back from the IRR 600 people were supposed to show up that week. 130 actually came.

After that, we were told that the people who didn't show simply got their orders "rescinded", meaning they get in no trouble whatsoever.

That's a spit in the face of those of us who answered the letter.
G

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 02:36:52 AM »

{LOL} Do they actually list 'religion' on US birth certificates?  ???
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 07:00:46 AM »
{LOL} Do they actually list 'religion' on US birth certificates?  ???

Where is the real BC?   

There is a very good reason why he is not showing it. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 07:53:49 AM »
Where is the real BC?   

There is a very good reason why he is not showing it. 

Maybe Mohammed has it.
G