Author Topic: Offseason Cardio  (Read 3347 times)

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
Offseason Cardio
« on: July 17, 2009, 11:17:22 PM »
For the 1st time im doing cardio with my offseason training, just 20 min 2 times per week.  I just started my offseason diet last week.  Im 178lbs my goal this offseason is to only get up to 195lbs instead of the normal 215-220lbs fat ass i usually get to.   

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Offseason Cardio
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 12:08:54 AM »
upper body looks sick

your nto afraid that cardio when offseason will make your already weak legs look even weaker in comparison as they may not grow as fast as the rest of your body due to cardio ?

kyomu for example has said he does cardio every day..running several kilometers... and his legs are hiis strong point, so cardio doesnt always have to have a negative effect on gains....but myself, i would still be cautious about doing it during the offseason...

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 12:11:21 AM »
I don't think the difference to eating less will be significant. It's a matter of convenience.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 12:12:31 AM »
IMO the cardio will help his legs.

I just started light cardio, 15-20 mintues, 4 times per week.  I'm not losing any weight because I'm eating big.  And I'm reducing my leg training a bit.

And for the first time in my life, the outer quad pops out. And my calves have improved a lot.  Even something minor like 20 minutes slow uphill treadmill at 6.0 at 2 mph, is making a huge difference.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 12:26:30 AM »
IMO the cardio will help his legs.

I just started light cardio, 15-20 mintues, 4 times per week.  I'm not losing any weight because I'm eating big.  And I'm reducing my leg training a bit.

And for the first time in my life, the outer quad pops out. And my calves have improved a lot.  Even something minor like 20 minutes slow uphill treadmill at 6.0 at 2 mph, is making a huge difference.

Exactly!, doing cardio year round will help condition my legs, keep them harder, and keep fat from building up to much on them.  And its only 20 min 2 times per week, thats what some guys do just to warm up before a workout!.  So its not major cardio,  i think the fact that i wont have to kill myself on the treadmill this time will actually allow me to hold onto more muscle on my quads.

i would like GH15's opinion on doing cardio in the offseason?.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 12:28:37 AM »
Brutal kitchen decor and dark colour scheme.....
No doubt about it...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 12:30:57 AM »
Exactly!, doing cardio year round will help condition my legs, keep them harder, and keep fat from building up to much on them.  And its only 20 min 2 times per week, thats what some guys do just to warm up before a workout!.  So its not major cardio,  i think the fact that i wont have to kill myself on the treadmill this time will actually allow me to hold onto more muscle on my quads.

i would like GH15's opinion on doing cardio in the offseason?.
your probably right. especially only two very short sessions like that. even still, personally id just avoid it all together..and if i was that worried about staying lean id throw in some gh and/or t3... but really as long as a clean diet is consistant and yoru using roids then you shouldnt put on much fat.. as far as gh15 goes i cant speak for him but he has said before, during contest prep, you shouldnt do alot of cardio. so id imagine based on that he probably wouldnt believe in offseason cardio.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 12:31:51 AM »
Brutal kitchen decor and dark colour scheme.....

let me guess your a white appliances, and white cabinets kinda guy ::). Kinda kitchen your mom would love.  I like the dark rich colors that's whats in.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 12:33:50 AM »
let me guess your a white appliances, and white cabinets kinda guy ::). Kinda kitchen your mom would love.  I like the dark rich colors that's whats in.

Stainless steel appliances, light colours, granite bench tops, minimalist approach........beachsid e home so dark colours is a no no.
No doubt about it...

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 12:35:55 AM »
i dont think bodybuilders should do cardio offseason or on season unless trying to get down to very low body fat% as in 4-5% true 4-5%

2 sessions a week wont hurt you ,,what you need to do is bring up those legs by any means possible so you can place well in nationals and get professional card,,hopefully your legs wil respond well
fallen angel

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 12:36:58 AM »
Stainless steel appliances, light colours, granite bench tops, minimalist approach........beachsid e home so dark colours is a no no.

minimalistic is always best, there are no no nos though

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 12:37:11 AM »

exactly the type of kitchen a mom would love light colors ::), not a straight man.  So i guess your letting us all know which side you roll on :-X

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 12:39:07 AM »
exactly the type of kitchen a mom would love light colors ::), not a straight man.  So i guess your letting us all know which side you roll on :-X

Yes because posing in a thong for a crowd of men is perfectly straight........but living in a beachside home with a light kitchen colour scheme is somehow gay.

Yes, well done matt.
No doubt about it...

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 12:39:56 AM »
i dont think bodybuilders should do cardio offseason or on season unless trying to get down to very low body fat% as in 4-5% true 4-5%

2 sessions a week wont hurt you ,,what you need to do is bring up those legs by any means possible so you can place well in nationals and get professional card,,hopefully your legs wil respond well

yeh im just doing very minimal cardio, i have such a shitty slow metabolism that i gain way to much fat in the offseason and balloon up to 220lbs+.   So I'm doing abit of cardio to make up for my slow metabolism.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 12:40:25 AM »
minimalistic is always best, there are no no nos though

It's a good look for the most part, though practicality is always an issue with it. Looks good in magazines, yet never as good when a kitchen/bathroom is being used everyday and actually has stuff in it.
No doubt about it...

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 12:41:28 AM »
It's a good look for the most part, though practicality is always an issue with it. Looks good in magazines, yet never as good when a kitchen/bathroom is being used everyday and actually has stuff in it.

must be practical too of course

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 12:47:28 AM »
Yes because posing in a thong for a crowd of men is perfectly straight........but living in a beachside home with a light kitchen colour scheme is somehow gay.

Yes, well done matt.

lol here you go again with this whole posing in a thong in front of crowd makes all bodybuilders gay? WTF?  So I'm assuming it would make you gay for looking at bodybuilders on this message board that you see in posing trunks  ::).  You are very insecure bro.  And i guess it makes female bodybuilder and figure competitors lesbians as they compete in front of other women on stage :P   Enjoy living in your gay beach house with light girly kitchen colors ;)  I will call you girly man from now on.

io856

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 12:51:49 AM »
man... your arms are like stupidly huge with such a tiny tiny waist... wow

I do like being tall tho  :D

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 12:55:13 AM »
lol here you go again with this whole posing in a thong in front of crowd makes all bodybuilders gay? WTF?  So I'm assuming it would make you gay for looking at bodybuilders on this message board that you see in posing trunks  ::).  You are very insecure bro.  And i guess it makes female bodybuilder and figure competitors lesbians as they compete in front of other women on stage :P   Enjoy living in your gay beach house with light girly kitchen colors ;)  I will call you girly man from now on.

ok frodo.........enjoy your apartment and faux-granite tiles.
No doubt about it...

io856

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 12:57:38 AM »
always best to critique a bodybuilder on his physique rather than his kitchen  ::)

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 12:58:13 AM »
ok frodo.........enjoy your apartment and faux-granite tiles.

girly man the tiles are not granite just the counter tops are.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 12:59:41 AM »
always best to critique a bodybuilder on his physique rather than his kitchen  ::)

Matt looks good and i have never criticised his physique. I just give him shit because he is fucking stupid.

Dubai, India approved.
No doubt about it...

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 01:02:37 AM »

you say not to do cardio in the offseason "unless" we're trying to get down to low bf% 4-5%?  Isn't that what all bbers want to get down to bf wise?.  So then in fact you're actually saying in order to come in truly lean 4-5% bf offseason cardio should be done?

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 01:12:37 AM »

you say not to do cardio in the offseason "unless" we're trying to get down to low bf% 4-5%?  Isn't that what all bbers want to get down to bf wise?.  So then in fact you're actually saying in order to come in truly lean 4-5% bf offseason cardio should be done?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 01:15:36 AM »
Some good interior decorating tips in this thread.