Author Topic: Men's 'Elite' slow-pitch softball on ESPN  (Read 1078 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Men's 'Elite' slow-pitch softball on ESPN
« on: July 18, 2009, 01:14:09 PM »

Not gonna watch an entire game, but this is some pretty compelling shit. (no homo)

It's a bunch of old guys (USA vs Canada), but they definitely take this stuff seriously.   

In a 7-inning game, each team is only 'allowed' to hit 10 home runs, so they have to use them wisely, by maximizing the number of runs per homer. 

These are big boys - several of them probably work out, but not to be lean or anything. 

MLAT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Men's 'Elite' slow-pitch softball on ESPN
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 05:35:44 PM »
Its amazing how competitive slow pitch can be.  And trust me its not as easy as they make it look.

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 05:48:40 PM »
Slow pitch softball is great. I never thought it would be so competitive when I started playing. I play for the Kharafi Kings out of Kuwait.  We do a lot of traveling and playing in tournaments around the world.  We've been to Saudi Arabia, Philippines, Oman, Egypt, Thailand and the Middle East Softball Championships in Dubai. (We hit the MESC just about every year)  I can't even begin to describe the fun we've had. Imagine taking trips to Bangkok Thailand and getting to play some great softball and having the tab picked up by the team.  (flights, hotels, etc.) Of course that doesn't include the entertainment. OMG!

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 06:27:16 PM »
First pic was taken after a game in my first Bangkok tournament. The humidity there was brutal.  The second pic was taken after we won one of our MESC Championships in Dubai.  (Middle East Softball Championships)