Author Topic: PBW: "USA Preview Show" - Plus: Johnnie Jackson Targets Ben White (Listen Now)  (Read 10527 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Announcement #160

PBW Presents:  The 2009 NPC USA Preview Show! (Replay Now Available)

Plus: Johnnie Jackson vs Ben White:  What does JOJ have to Prove?

This Week on PBW:  With the year's biggest NPC event only days away, bodybuilding talk radio presents "The 2009 NPC USA Preview Show". Tune in as leading bodybuilding insiders provide analysis and predictions as the Nation's top amateurs compete for coveted pro cards in Las Vegas. - Presented by MuscleTech, PBW also welcomes Johnnie Jackson, following the announcement of his highly anticipated powerlifting showdown with strongman rival Ben White.  The two will soon battle for the title of Professional Bodybuilding's STRONGEST man!

Visit PBW's New Broadcast Home: www.ProBodybuildingDaily.com  -  (Replays available on-demand courtesy of Bodybuilding.com)

Don't miss the IFBB's "PBW Championships" (August 8th in Florida) - Tickets on Sale Now at www.PBWProShow.com

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine.
Additional sponsors include Xenadrine RFA-X, The Muscle Asylum Project, Six Star Muscle Fuel and BodySpace!
PBW: The Official radio show of the Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic and the 2009 Olympia Weekend! (www.MrOlympia.com)

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
Re: PBW: "The NPC USA Preview Show" - Plus: Johnnie Jackson (Monday)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 08:20:37 AM »
The Chickster looking good in that pic. Hard to believe that was 9 years ago. How bout a comeback Bobby!  ;)
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 08:26:02 AM »
Johnnie Jackson finally putting it on the line?  Its about time!  Both of these guys say they can press over 600.  Any predictions?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 08:53:27 AM »
Ahhhhh yes...The USA!!

Close to 500 competitors for the weekend, and 3 pro cards to the top 3 mens posedown...

See you all there

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 12:36:47 PM »
Johnnie Jackson finally putting it on the line?  Its about time!  Both of these guys say they can press over 600.  Any predictions?

i was listening to one of those shows over on RX the other day...........and white was predicting a 730lb. bench, with no shirt ::)............he is a fool, he is off by around 200lbs. im sure..........anything to break the monotony of a boring bodybuilding show is a welcome invite though..........but really, who the F cares about JJ or ben  white.........its a publicity stunt by polumbo and co. to try to right that sinking ship they have on their hands over there.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 03:25:36 PM »
Ahhhhh yes...The USA!!

Close to 500 competitors for the weekend, and 3 pro cards to the top 3 mens posedown...

See you all there
Whats in the BB.com bags this year?
((-::

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 12:38:46 AM »
jackson got rough tonight on the radio...

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
let me preface this by saying i dont even like palumbo and romano:

but shame on all of you guys, jackson, chick, dan..............you know full well that this concept, of jackson and white having a lift-off was a brainchild of them over there at rx, one of them suggested it to JJ during their interview with him.

for you guys not to give credit where credit was due, showed what absolute douchebags you really are...........you acted like it was robin changs idea, even johnnie jackson kept silent and said "i was on another radio show"

shame on you all.................you shoudnt be butt-sore and pissy because HMR is better then PBW.........they put more into their product, they dont go, "ok, we talked about bb for 45 minutes, lets get the fuck out of here"...........like you guys do..............and, they actually do a show every week.

you guys are mailing it in, and the show sucks, but because of this, do not slight RX for their due dilligence

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
let me preface this by saying i dont even like palumbo and romano:

but shame on all of you guys, jackson, chick, dan..............you know full well that this concept, of jackson and white having a lift-off was a brainchild of them over there at rx, one of them suggested it to JJ during their interview with him.

for you guys not to give credit where credit was due, showed what absolute douchebags you really are...........you acted like it was robin changs idea, even johnnie jackson kept silent and said "i was on another radio show"

shame on you all.................you shoudnt be butt-sore and pissy because HMR is better then PBW.........they put more into their product, they dont go, "ok, we talked about bb for 45 minutes, lets get the fuck out of here"...........like you guys do..............and, they actually do a show every week.

you guys are mailing it in, and the show sucks, but because of this, do not slight RX for their due dilligence

Perhaps you were in the bathroom when Dan mentioned their show, by name, as it pertained to the contest

regmac

• Getbig V

Perhaps you were in the bathroom when Dan mentioned their show, by name, as it pertained to the contest
Listening to it now.   As far as the strogest guy thing goes, I see injuries comming. Wich is more of a risk Johnny O is taking than Ben White    who has nothing to lose.

regmac

• Getbig V
So Johnny feels a ego event is more important than the his bread and butter job?  If he says this guy is nothing he needs to ignore him and try to get in contest shape and place at the Dallas show!!!!!

axestream

• Getbig IV
So Johnny feels a ego event is more important than the his bread and butter job?  If he says this guy is nothing he needs to ignore him and try to get in contest shape and place at the Dallas show!!!!!

I disagree. If you say someone's nothing, then you need to prove it. Too bad it's only going to be DL and bench so it's probably going to be close even if Johnnie does win. So that probably won't shut Ben up for long, if at all. I'm sure he already has some excuse made up in case he loses.

As much as I like Johnnie, placing top 10 at this year's Olympia is going to be extremely difficult. He has a better chance at winning $10,000 at the DL & bench challenge.

regmac

• Getbig V
I disagree. If you say someone's nothing, then you need to prove it. Too bad it's only going to be DL and bench so it's probably going to be close even if Johnnie does win. So that probably won't shut Ben up for long, if at all. I'm sure he already has some excuse made up in case he loses.

As much as I like Johnnie, placing top 10 at this year's Olympia is going to be extremely difficult. He has a better chance at winning $10,000 at the DL & bench challenge.
If Johnny wants to be the best he can be,  he needs to focus on bodybuilding and not his ego and some other foo's ego.   As far as I am concerned Ben White is another overall chump.   Waste of a USA title.

axestream

• Getbig IV
If Johnny wants to be the best he can be,  he needs to focus on bodybuilding and not his ego and some other foo's ego.   As far as I am concerned Ben White is another overall chump.   Waste of a USA title.

Johnnie was the one claiming to be the world's strongest bodybuilder. Since he made that claim and was challenged, he should accept it. Lots of guys skip an Olympia or take a complete year off. A few years ago he took a year off to work on his family and when he came back he got his highest placing at the Olympia so far.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
Ben white has a youtube video of him benching 505 x 9 easy

regmac

• Getbig V
Johnnie was the one claiming to be the world's strongest bodybuilder. Since he made that claim and was challenged, he should accept it. Lots of guys skip an Olympia or take a complete year off. A few years ago he took a year off to work on his family and when he came back he got his highest placing at the Olympia so far.
To be honest neither impress me much.   Johnny won SOME  shows but no one really competed or was in shape ie trying to nail it.   Ben While actually looked ok  in the New York   but his headlights (gyno) are still on!!!!! :)

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
Andrew1's posts are all spam advertising his wares. He never contributes anything to the board. Mods, please ban this spammer!  :P

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
Ben white has a youtube video of him benching 505 x 9 easy

505 x 9 is pretty impressive.  Jonny might be eating his words.
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Johnny Jackson has won a pro show, and placed very well in others.
Ben White is 6th and 10th so far as a pro.

Joj is better on DL, and ben white is better on the bench.