Author Topic: US Soldier now detainee of Taliban "I'm scared I won't be able to go home"  (Read 2048 times)

Mons Venus

Whew! Thank God US "detainee" is not a POW. Someone waterboard him, Hannity says its not torture. :D

(CNN) -- A United States soldier captured by the Taliban says in a video posted on the Internet he is "scared I won't be able to go home."

Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl shown here in a video made by his captors, members of the Taliban.

1 of 2  The soldier was identified Sunday by the Pentagon as Pfc. Bowe R. Bergdahl, 23, of Ketchum, Idaho. He was captured June 30 from Paktika province in southeastern Afghanistan.

The Taliban has threatened to kill Bergdahl if foreign troops continue targeting civilians in the name of search operations in Ghazni and Paktika province, Taliban commander Mulvi Sangeen said by telephone Friday after being contacted by CNN at an undisclosed location.

NATO-led forces in Afghanistan and the U.S. military have repeatedly denied targeting civilians.

In the 28-minute video, Bergdahl becomes emotional when he speaks of his family -- his parents, siblings, nieces and nephew -- and the girlfriend he hopes to marry.

"I have a very, very good family that I love back home in America, and I miss them every day that I'm gone," he says. "I miss them and I'm afraid I might never see them again and that I'll never be able to tell them I love them again. I'll never be able to hug them."

He adds that he is "scared. I'm scared I won't be able to go home. It is very unnerving to be a prisoner." However, he says his captors are treating him "like a guest."

It was not clear whether some or all of Bergdahl's remarks were scripted by his captors.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Yeah the primitive droves have finally figured out that beheading gets them nowhere. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
I think that guy is F*ed anyway you cut it unless the Special Ops can find his ass in the very near future.

He will probably just dissappear like Matt Maupin or thosee other two guys in Iraq a couple years ago.

Poor bastard.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Poor guy.  :(

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Don't even want to think about what that kid is going through... his family...

A damn shame.

But the show must go on I guess.

Hereford

• Getbig V
Don't even want to think about what that kid is going through... his family...

A damn shame.

But the show must go on I guess.

I thought that this would make you happy slapper.... since you harbor such a hatred for 'those types'...

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Yeah the primitive droves have finally figured out that beheading gets them nowhere. 

Dollars to donuts he still winds up dead like the other captured soldiers that weren't saved in brazen raids.

Waterboarding or death? I'll take waterboarding for $500, Alex.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Dollars to donuts he still winds up dead like the other captured soldiers that weren't saved in brazen raids.

Waterboarding or death? I'll take waterboarding for $500, Alex.

You've hit the daily double!

Answer:  "Religion of peace"

Fury

• Getbig V
You've hit the daily double!

Answer:  "Religion of peace"

LOL!

I find it funny that they cry about us abusing the Geneva conventions when the overwhelming majority of people they kidnap end up dead.  ::)

mac7000

• Getbig II
Ya and were the bad guys when we waterboard a couple terrorist. I can only imagine whats going through that guys head every time they enter the room and press play on the camera. Those beheading videos are the most brutal things I have ever seen. After watching one I'll never what another one ever again

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
LOL!

I find it funny that they cry about us abusing the Geneva conventions when the overwhelming majority of people they kidnap end up dead.  ::)

They can cry all they want, but the Geneva Conventions were not written and agreed to with terrorist, enemy combatants, what ever you want to call them in mind. They were to protect uniformed soldiers, representing their country from being abused. In any other war those assholes would have been shot where they stood.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tonymctones

• Getbig V
They can cry all they want, but the Geneva Conventions were not written and agreed to with terrorist, enemy combatants, what ever you want to call them in mind. They were to protect uniformed soldiers, representing their country from being abused. In any other war those assholes would have been shot where they stood.
aint it the damn truth but to some here we are the bad guys who terrorize and abuse ppl... ::)

Hereford

• Getbig V

But if a country didn't sign the geneva convention articles, they technically don't have to abide by them.

This was Japans excuse in WW2

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
But if a country didn't sign the geneva convention articles, they technically don't have to abide by them.

This was Japans excuse in WW2

Yeah but these guys are an organization not a country, so how could they sign the Geneva conventions? I doubt we are ever going see Al Queda invited to Switzerland any time soon.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I'm watching it on the news now, i hadn't seen the clip.

They're feeding him and he's looking to be treated well.

My Q is... what happens if he is eventually released?  Would that actually make the taleban STRONGER?  Wasn't their govt going to introduce taleban INTO the govt process there? 

if they start releasing our guys safely, wouldn't that hurt support for the war?

He oddly walked away from his base without weapon or body armor.  Weird.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
the bombing of north paki and afghan from unmanned drones is REALLY working  ::)

like Russia wasn't enough of an example to not make the same damn mistakes  :-\

unfortunate and horrible that this kid had nothing to do with decisions..that might ultimately lead to his death...other than prolly join the army to earn $ for college...

and lets call stuff by their proper names shall we
Soldier = kid in early 20s
carpe` vaginum!

Hereford

• Getbig V
Toxic aren't you yourselff a filthy Paki?

Fury

• Getbig V
the bombing of north paki and afghan from unmanned drones is REALLY working  ::)

like Russia wasn't enough of an example to not make the same damn mistakes  :-\

unfortunate and horrible that this kid had nothing to do with decisions..that might ultimately lead to his death...other than prolly join the army to earn $ for college...

and lets call stuff by their proper names shall we
Soldier = kid in early 20s

Actually, the drone bombings ARE working as the foreign pussies in AQ have been packing up shop and heading for Somalia. Why don't you do a little reading before acting like you know what you're talking about?

Toxic aren't you yourselff a filthy Paki?

He's a Paki junkie who has been in and out of rehab for the last 12 years, has fried his brain to the point that he can't even type coherently and still lives at home with parents at 32 years old.

Funny how he's not placing any of the blame on his Muslim butt buddies for this guy's most likely death. Typical Muslim train of thought. Muslims can do no wrong. It's everyone else that makes them rape, pillage and murder!  ::)

Hereford

• Getbig V
Actually, the drone bombings ARE working as the foreign pussies in AQ have been packing up shop and heading for Somalia. Why don't you do a little reading before acting like you know what you're talking about?

He's a Paki junkie who has been in and out of rehab for the last 12 years, has fried his brain to the point that he can't even type coherently and still lives at home with parents at 32 years old.

Funny how he's not placing any of the blame on his Muslim butt buddies for this guy's most likely death. Typical Muslim train of thought. Muslims can do no wrong. It's everyone else that makes them rape, pillage and murder!  ::)

Allah said it was ok.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
It took a long time for this kid to end up on a video. Thats kinda weird. He looks well treated so far. I pray for him and his family.
L

Mons Venus

It took a long time for this kid to end up on a video. Thats kinda weird. He looks well treated so far. I pray for him and his family.

How nice!  :D Faux News wants him killed.

Fox analyst: Taliban should kill US soldier if he deserted

July 20, 2009
Just a few months after he advocated for military attacks on journalists, Fox News strategic analyst Lt. Col. Ralph Peters is telling viewers that the soldier captured by the Taliban, now positively identified as 23-year-old Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl of Idaho, collaborated with the enemy by appearing in a Taliban hostage video.

Peters also said that the circumstances surrounding Bergdahl’s disappearance suggest he may have deserted his unit — and implied the Taliban should kill the US serviceman for that.

Hereford

• Getbig V
How nice!  :D Faux News wants him killed.

Fox analyst: Taliban should kill US soldier if he deserted

July 20, 2009
Just a few months after he advocated for military attacks on journalists, Fox News strategic analyst Lt. Col. Ralph Peters is telling viewers that the soldier captured by the Taliban, now positively identified as 23-year-old Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl of Idaho, collaborated with the enemy by appearing in a Taliban hostage video.

Peters also said that the circumstances surrounding Bergdahl’s disappearance suggest he may have deserted his unit — and implied the Taliban should kill the US serviceman for that.

So you think Fox IMPLIED it, eh? You are, of course, a bastion of objectivity regarding the US and such too, eh Mons?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
So you think Fox IMPLIED it, eh? You are, of course, a bastion of objectivity regarding the US and such too, eh Mons?
notice how he doesnt say what exactly the man said? lol

also notice how he attributes this to fox, when in actuality it was a guest on the show...im sure mons would be ok with MSNBC taking credit for all the whack job idiotic shit that has been said on that station as well, right mons?

Mons Venus

notice how he doesnt say what exactly the man said? lol

also notice how he attributes this to fox, when in actuality it was a guest on the show...im sure mons would be ok with MSNBC taking credit for all the whack job idiotic shit that has been said on that station as well, right mons?

Faux Noise said it not me asshole! :-*

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Fox News is a cable station and can't talk....perhaps a guest said something, but other then that...UR FUCKING WRONG AS USUAL.
L