Author Topic: Squat depth and internet judging....solved  (Read 3221 times)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Squat depth and internet judging....solved
« on: July 20, 2009, 10:58:08 AM »
Has anyone ever thought of strapping a level to their leg to see if they hit parallel? ;D Strap it in tight from knee to hip, take it for a ride to make sure it stays, and thats all the judgement anyone would ever need to judge a squat. Perhaps using a string level and two loops that are sewn into the suit at the desired points?

I think this is a real option and it would stop all the internet judges dead in their tracks. As long as that bubble hits the middle, its gotta be good.

splinterhands

• Getbig II
Re: Squat depth and internet judging....solved
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 07:32:49 PM »
You could design the string into the clothing and use a still camera set at parallel to take a shot at the bottom of the lift.  You can't argue with pictures.

11venthhour

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 08:17:08 PM »
you could have it like football and camera from each angle judged. you adjust to knee height for the perfect shot. they would have to be nice cameras either. then you could ask for a replay or something if you questioned the depth.
with the level some guys get super crunched up in the squat and the level may press against their abdominal area. they could always wear them on the side of the leg as well, or make them into some kind of pants. the official squat pants of the USPL!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 10:49:58 PM »
I dont think I made it clear. It would be on the outside of the thigh so that nothing could interfere with it. Suspend it from bungees or rubber bands to account for any slack or binding in the suit and it would ALWAYS be straight. Im telling you, this is the BEST way to judge. If your leg is 'level with the earth' then you are parallel with the floor.

I cannot believe I havent heard of this before.

splinterhands

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 11:59:02 PM »
I'm going to play with it some Wed/Thur when I get some time off.   :)

The Apprentice

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 09:05:58 PM »
they could have a horizontal laser beam adjusted for each lifter so that it touches top of knee and then you could see whether the posterior part of thigh clears the knee ;D

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 09:16:06 PM »
Has anyone ever thought of strapping a level to their leg to see if they hit parallel? ;D Strap it in tight from knee to hip, take it for a ride to make sure it stays, and thats all the judgement anyone would ever need to judge a squat. Perhaps using a string level and two loops that are sewn into the suit at the desired points?

I think this is a real option and it would stop all the internet judges dead in their tracks. As long as that bubble hits the middle, its gotta be good.

if they can use computer imaging to tell ya of a ball is in or out in these tennis match's,the sure as hell can rig something up to these lifters to tell in they're below parallel...

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 05:23:48 PM »
if they can use computer imaging to tell ya of a ball is in or out in these tennis match's,the sure as hell can rig something up to these lifters to tell in they're below parallel...

yeah. because there is so much money to be made in powerlifting. i can see promoters lining up to drop 100k on such a system! You guys are fucking rediculous. here is a novel concept: Let the judges judge and fuck the internet judges. They call them trolls for a reason.

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 06:42:54 PM »
Heck ! just bring in "instant relpy" you get one challenge per lift. If you get 2 reds you can throw a wrap or something and challenge the call   ;D
Masters- 50-54
148#

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 06:56:52 PM »
not a bad idea, deadlift contest is much easier though  :)

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 07:44:30 PM »
yeah. because there is so much money to be made in powerlifting. i can see promoters lining up to drop 100k on such a system! You guys are fucking rediculous. here is a novel concept: Let the judges judge and fuck the internet judges. They call them trolls for a reason.

maybe someone can drop 100k into a system to tell when your butthole's being violated

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 08:55:33 PM »
maybe someone can drop 100k into a system to tell when your butthole's being violated
LOL does your butthole often get violated without you noticing geo?

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 10:27:50 PM »

MELTDOWN  ;D ;D ;D