Author Topic: Cotto vs. Pacman  (Read 3748 times)

cheftim

• Getbig III
Cotto vs. Pacman
« on: July 20, 2009, 02:22:57 PM »
After the Clottey fight. Cotto was asked whats next? Cotto answered, "A long vacation." This mans spirit has been taken from him. Loaded gloves or not? The Margeritto fight changed Cotto forever. He'll never be the same. If I were his camp I would have taken this fight as well$$$. Because of course the winner could face Mayweather in early 2010$$$. But my prediction for the November fight between Cotto and Pacman? Cotto will be overwhelmed by Manny's speed and pressure from opening bell. There is no chance he can out box Manny. There is no chance he will pin Manny against the ropes. He will be mentally defeated and completely comprimised by Round five. The fight will be stopped by the referee by round eight. TKO for Pacman P4P champion.

big man

• Getbig III
Re: Cotto vs. Pacman
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 02:26:17 PM »
After the Clottey fight. Cotto was asked whats next? Cotto answered, "A long vacation." This mans spirit has been taken from him. Loaded gloves or not? The Margeritto fight changed Cotto forever. He'll never be the same. If I were his camp I would have taken this fight as well$$$. Because of course the winner could face Mayweather in early 2010$$$. But my prediction for the November fight between Cotto and Pacman? Cotto will be overwhelmed by Manny's speed and pressure from opening bell. There is no chance he can out box Manny. There is no chance he will pin Manny against the ropes. He will be mentally defeated and completely comprimised by Round five. The fight will be stopped by the referee by round eight. TKO for Pacman P4P champion.
Agreed. Cotto is an exellent boxer but will be way out of his comfort zone facing Pac. Pressure bust pipes, loaded gloves or not.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 04:02:16 AM »
Manny's handspeed and activity will be way too much for Cotto to deal with. 

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 05:54:53 AM »
I just don't see Cotto giving Pac a lot of trouble, even though he's the naturally bigger guy. Cotto was impressive, though, in his fight with Clottey. Most boxers would've been terribly affected by a nasty cut on their eyebrow, especially when it happens early in the third round. Pac had problems dealing with cuts when he last fought Juan Manuel Marquez.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 08:42:15 AM »
Going to be a great battle. Blood and guts all the way.

big man

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 01:40:26 PM »
. The one punch KO sent out a very serious message.
Right, he about killed Hatton, seriously.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 10:32:37 AM »
The problem is that if you are considered the pound for pound king, then you should not be fighting at or demanding catchweights. Because this fight is at a catchweight, Manny is losing some respect, especially if Manny wins against Cotto, whom we all know had weight issues in the past below 147.

I certainly think Cotto is still good and definitely not washed up (he has been fighting the top welterweights for some time now-of course not all of those fights will be resounding successes). I also do not think that Manny can fcuk with Cottos power, jab, body attack, and ring intelligence. It will take Cotto about two rounds to adjust to Manny's speed and feel how much power he has, and after that, it will get brutal for Manny. So if Manny wins, I will give him credit, even at 145, a weight that will allow Cotto to retain whatever speed he has AND his well-known power.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 01:27:39 PM »
The problem is that if you are considered the pound for pound king, then you should not be fighting at or demanding catchweights. Because this fight is at a catchweight, Manny is losing some respect, especially if Manny wins against Cotto, whom we all know had weight issues in the past below 147.

I certainly think Cotto is still good and definitely not washed up (he has been fighting the top welterweights for some time now-of course not all of those fights will be resounding successes). I also do not think that Manny can fcuk with Cottos power, jab, body attack, and ring intelligence. It will take Cotto about two rounds to adjust to Manny's speed and feel how much power he has, and after that, it will get brutal for Manny. So if Manny wins, I will give him credit, even at 145, a weight that will allow Cotto to retain whatever speed he has AND his well-known power.

Guarantee that Manny has the power to knock Cotto out..

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 04:31:08 PM »
Guarantee that Manny has the power to knock Cotto out..

I'm still skeptical... it took quite a bit(and possibly some plastered gloves) for a BIG and TALL welterweight in Margarito to put Cotto on his ass. Maybe Pacman gets the decision but if he kayo's Cotto then that tough little bastard gets my vote for an all time great p4p fighter, albeit that the victory would be at a catch weight and that lower weight might force Cotto to lose some power. While Cotto is not washed up, he is most likely on the downside of career, and that would make three in a row "past-their-prime" for Pacquiao as far as his opponents go. Still, Miguel is still solid enough that I would give Pac MAJOR respect if he pulls it off.

Cotto is a whole different world than a past his prime, fast living, yo-yo dieting Ricky Hatton. Ricky had a love for the alcohol and the grease in between fights and it showed towards the end. I believe it cut a few years off of his career. The Hatton that fought Pacquiao and the Hatton that fought Tszyu were two totally different fighters. Ricky fcuked himself in the end...although I still believe a prime Pac takes out a prime Hatton, no problem.

This is the closest example of a fast fighter that Cotto has fought and here is the result to that...

I know the quality sucks, btw.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 08:11:45 PM »
Pacman is gonna pounce on a spirit broken Cotto as soon as the bell rings. And keep the heat on him the entire fight. Cotto looked good against Zab because Zab's a toilet. Thats like Using the Mayweather/Gatti fight to highlight Mayweathers career. Those guys were way out of their leagues. Way, way, way out of their leagues. Two years ago Pacman wouldn't have had a chance against Cotto. November 14, 2009 is a totally different Cotto though. Cotto doesn't have it anymore. By round 8 the fight is over.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 08:39:25 PM »
Pacman by KO within 6 rounds. Mayweather will take a decision over JMM, which will set up a huge fight between Pac and Floyd. Then the winner of that fight will hopefully give Sugar Shane a shot.

big man

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 12:07:22 AM »
Pacman by KO within 6 rounds. Mayweather will take a decision over JMM, which will set up a huge fight between Pac and Floyd. Then the winner of that fight will hopefully give Sugar Shane a shot.
Ahh yessss Pac and Floyd, Sugar against the winner. Both fights I'm willing to pay for. Will be interesting

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 05:25:25 AM »
I just hope the PPV sales form the Floyd-JMM fight flunk so that it kinda shuts Floyd's mouth a bit. The fucker really thinks he's a PPV draw when in reality it was Dela Hoya and Hatton responsible for the draw. Him trying to claim more than 50% of the purse of a possible fight with Pacquiao is just another way of him ducking an opponent that could possibly beat him. He avoided Cotto, Margarito, and Mosley.
He's a joke.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 12:54:03 PM »
I just hope the PPV sales form the Floyd-JMM fight flunk so that it kinda shuts Floyd's mouth a bit. The fucker really thinks he's a PPV draw when in reality it was Dela Hoya and Hatton responsible for the draw. Him trying to claim more than 50% of the purse of a possible fight with Pacquiao is just another way of him ducking an opponent that could possibly beat him. He avoided Cotto, Margarito, and Mosley.
He's a joke.

Did you hear about David Haye turning down an offer to fight Vitali??

He's gonna take on 7 foot Nikolai Valuev now.  ::)

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 05:27:57 PM »

Yeah LOL.

I really thought Wladdy would've taken care of him anyway, but Vitali is the better Klitschko, so when I heard he was fighting Vitali, I knew Haye would be KO'd for sure. Now it will be a crapfest with Valuev. You might as well fight a freaking oak tree: it ain't falling down, but it can't fight back either.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 06:46:53 PM »
Yeah LOL.

I really thought Wladdy would've taken care of him anyway, but Vitali is the better Klitschko, so when I heard he was fighting Vitali, I knew Haye would be KO'd for sure. Now it will be a crapfest with Valuev. You might as well fight a freaking oak tree: it ain't falling down, but it can't fight back either.

Haye is sitting around a bit too long...He should at minimum be fighting anyone with a pulse at the moment.....Don't let the Barrett fight fool you...there is a big difference between Barrett and The Klitschkos/Valuev etc.....

These big men hit much much harder then Barrett could ever hope to and Haye will be in for a surprise the first time he gets caught by a big shot...No doubt Valuev can hit hard, but he hits slow. I think it's very questionable however whether Haye can beat him by knockout, how do you KO a guy who's gonna be 80+lbs heavier?

Sensible (and slightly cowardly after the trash talking) move by Haye really, in all honesty he had very little chance against Vitali, and Valuev should be a walk in the park...I would LOVE it if Valuev knocked him out though, that would be hilarious

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 07:47:13 PM »
Haye is sitting around a bit too long...He should at minimum be fighting anyone with a pulse at the moment.....Don't let the Barrett fight fool you...there is a big difference between Barrett and The Klitschkos/Valuev etc.....

These big men hit much much harder then Barrett could ever hope to and Haye will be in for a surprise the first time he gets caught by a big shot...No doubt Valuev can hit hard, but he hits slow. I think it's very questionable however whether Haye can beat him by knockout, how do you KO a guy who's gonna be 80+lbs heavier?

Sensible (and slightly cowardly after the trash talking) move by Haye really, in all honesty he had very little chance against Vitali, and Valuev should be a walk in the park...I would LOVE it if Valuev knocked him out though, that would be hilarious

I don't care if Haye pulled a Margarito, he ain't knocking him out. That guy's chin has got to be granite. I was looking forward to Haye's fight with Vitali, but now it's Valuev, I know it will be boring. Anytime a heavyweight bout lasts more than 3 rounds its bound to get boring. They will get tired and it'll be sloppy as hell.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 09:36:20 PM »

Haye bailed on the Klitchkos for a shot Valuevs belt. If he wins? His next fight is against Evander Holyfield. Their trying to keep the sport in America. If Haye beats Valuev he has a list of opponents in America that can move up to Heavyweight and fight him. Roy Jones, Tarver, Toney, Dawson, Calzaghe, Bernard Hopkins, and of course the main guy their after. Evander Holyfield. Nobody gives a shit about the Klitchkos. In my life time this is the absolute worst the heavyweight division has ever been. Pacman by round 8.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009, 11:05:49 PM »
Haye bailed on the Klitchkos for a shot Valuevs belt. If he wins? His next fight is against Evander Holyfield. Their trying to keep the sport in America. If Haye beats Valuev he has a list of opponents in America that can move up to Heavyweight and fight him. Roy Jones, Tarver, Toney, Dawson, Calzaghe, Bernard Hopkins, and of course the main guy their after. Evander Holyfield. Nobody gives a shit about the Klitchkos. In my life time this is the absolute worst the heavyweight division has ever been. Pacman by round 8.

I agree about the state of the heavyweight division but....

Where are you pulling all these names from? Calazaghes gone bro, he ain't coming back....  Bernard Hopkins appears to be somewhat committed to the winner of Dawson-Johnson...... Haye would knock Roy Jone's dick in the dirt at this point so that's not an option....Toney is semi-retired......Tarver is getting old as well and looked pretty average in his last fight. These are all light-heavys besides Toney.

Valuev's belt is about as worthless as it comes.The WBA gets worse & worse for its sheer level of corruption & incompetence, and letting Golden Boy pick its own 'title' shots just undermines the sport.  How about the fact that they have had 2 heavyweight champions for the past year, and the fact that John Ruiz was inexplicably named the mandatory challenger for Valuev. John Ruiz for fucks sake!!

I almost wish Valuev would just die of something horrific like falling in a wood chipper....I can't believe I am actually going to be rooting for that Woolly Mammoth....what an embarassment Heavyweight Boxing has become.