Author Topic: Agent's home raided for steroids based on being muscular.  (Read 2727 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
The fascist are at it again. Get your guns now while you still can.

http://www.mesomorphosis.com/blog/2009/07/20/oklahoma-steroid-investigation-targets-secret-service-agent-because-of-muscular-physique/

Oklahoma Steroid Investigation Targets Secret Service Agent Because of Muscular Physique

The Maryland residence of a United States Secret Service Agent was raided in July 2008 based on unverified allegations of steroid possession and distribution. The allegations were obtained during the course of the Oklahoma steroid investigation targeting competitive bodybuilders that started in December 2007.

At least fifteen members of the Maryland State Police SWAT team led by Matthew Newman entered the Agent’s house and held his family (including an infant child) at gunpoint during the raid. No anabolic steroids or illegal drugs of any kind were found. Analysis of the seized computer and bank records revealed no evidence of illegal activity. A urinalysis revealed no evidence of steroid use by the suspect. No charges were filed.

The Maryland raid is part of a larger steroid investigation spearheaded by R. Brian Surber, agent and attorney with the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs (OBNDD). The Oklahoma-based investigation has led to the arrests of several IFBB and NPC bodybuilders and others in the Oklahoma competitive bodybuilding network. Surber has promised additional arrests including out-of-state arrests.

A disturbing trend has emerged in most of these cases. Brian Surber has shown an apparent bias towards using bodybuilder-type physiques as putative evidence of anabolic steroid use. Surber reportedly uses pictures of the muscular physiques as part of the probable cause to obtain search warrants.

This appears to be the true in the Maryland case as well. OBNDD’s Brian Surber told the suspect’s employer (U.S. Secret Service) that since the Agent was big and muscular that he must use anabolic steroids. Surber even tried to convince the suspect’s wife that someone who workouts out and is that muscular and lean must use steroids.

Individual(s) familiar with the case have provided the following account of the steroid raid of the Maryland-based U.S. Secret Service Agent:

A Maryland home was raided by Maryland State Police SWAT ( Matthew Newman), United States Secret Service, and the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics (Brian Surber). The falsely accused, his wife and infant child were present as armed officers entered the home with guns blazing as neighbors watched in horror. The raid was conducted without any probable cause, corroborating facts or evidence to support such actions.

Someone told Brian Surber of the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics that he” believed” that the falsely accused used and sold anabolic steroids. This statement, which was hearsay, led Mr. Surber to Washington D.C to the falsely accused’s employer (U.S Secret Service). Without verifying the validity of the allegations, Surber proceeded to spread false information to the employer claiming the falsely accused Secret Service Agent was a drug dealer and user. The Agent’s rights were violated by an illegal search of his residence (no steroid and/or drugs were found) and seizure of his computers. The agencies also failed to provide a copy of the warrant prior to entry / exiting his residence. Upon reviewing the warrant at the courthouse in Upper Marlboro, MD it was determined that the information in the search warrant was fabricated and the judge (Joseph Casula) never should have signed it without verifying the validity. The falsely accused Agent has requested a written explanation as to who is responsible for verifying allegations prior to executing these warrants / seizures, which could have resulted in inexcusable ramifications (accidental shootings, etc.).

The falsely accused Secret Service Agent’s children have yet to recover from the trauma from this incident, as well as the children in the neighborhood will no longer play with them after this raid. The Agent’s employer administered a urinalysis which came back negative for steroids. A search of his computers, and bank records was also conducted all with negative results. The Agent has been placed on paid administrative leave as The Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics conduct their “investigation”. To date the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics has failed to admit its error.

All agencies are claiming that they raided the Agent’s home to gather his computer (presumably for evidence of anabolic steroid use/distribution). The Agent gave them consent to search the computer the previous day when they knowingly knew that it was in his possession. It doesn’t take 15 SWAT team members with red dots on the suspect’s family to gather a computer. The falsely accused Agent has since been working with Mayor Cheye Calvo on getting the SWAT Team Monitoring bill passed through Congress.

Brian Surber’s tactic of using pictures of muscular individuals as probable cause in search warrants in steroid cases is a dangerous precedent. Overzealous prosecutors may be eager to follow Surber’s recommendations. Obtaining photographs of muscular individuals from online bodybuilding galleries, bodybuilding/sports magazines, Facebook or MySpace and using them as part of probable cause to search the homes of individuals for anabolic steroids may occur with increasing regularity.

Surber may have a reasonable amount of success “guessing” who is using steroids based on their physical appearance. However, just because bodybuilders may be more likely than the general population to use anabolic steroids does not mean that all, or even most, individuals with muscular physiques use using steroids. Certainly, it does not justify violating the rights of law-abiding individuals who happen to be muscular by terrorizing their families and holding them hostage at gunpoint.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Agent's home raided for steroids based on being muscular.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 03:59:02 AM »
Oh brother!!  ;D

Quote from: comments
i hate to say this, but if that man or any swat team ever entered my home, and scared my daughter, there would be hell to pay. he would regret ever messing with me and my family. blood would be spilled, lives would be lost, i may lose mine, but let me assure him, some of his precious family would also be lost, and id make sure, they lost their lives in the most horrific way possible. how dare him disrespect that man, like that. like i said, i would have handled it differently. even if guns were drawn. after they left, and went home to their families, guns wouldnt be drawn then. and i would bathe in his families blood. bank on it. going after people cause they are well built. if its wrong to go after people who are black or gay, how can this be tolerated. i for one, wouldn't tolerate it. it would break MY law. And the penalty would be severe.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 04:07:09 AM »
Oh brother!!  ;D

Quote from: comments
i hate to say this, but if that man or any swat team ever entered my home, and scared my daughter, there would be hell to pay. he would regret ever messing with me and my family. blood would be spilled, lives would be lost, i may lose mine, but let me assure him, some of his precious family would also be lost, and id make sure, they lost their lives in the most horrific way possible. how dare him disrespect that man, like that. like i said, i would have handled it differently. even if guns were drawn. after they left, and went home to their families, guns wouldnt be drawn then. and i would bathe in his families blood. bank on it. going after people cause they are well built. if its wrong to go after people who are black or gay, how can this be tolerated. i for one, wouldn't tolerate it. it would break MY law. And the penalty would be severe.

That's not Pellius!

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 04:15:05 AM »
Sounds like this Brian Surber is one extremely jealous person

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 04:16:07 AM »
Looks like everyone will be natural now

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 04:17:15 AM »
That's not Pellius!

We'll never know.  ;)

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 04:18:15 AM »
A disturbing trend has emerged in most of these cases. Brian Surber has shown an apparent bias towards using bodybuilder-type physiques as putative evidence of anabolic steroid use. Surber reportedly uses pictures of the muscular physiques as part of the probable cause to obtain search warrants.

Do you think Goodram's in trouble?

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 04:29:54 AM »

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 04:34:09 AM »
haha dollars to donuts its appears to be a tiny tit again.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 06:53:36 AM »
Oh brother!!  ;D

LOL!!

The old "man if it was ME!! I would have shit on all 10 of those gangsters" thing  ;D
follow the arrows

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 06:58:21 AM »
because youre an "agent" doesn;t mean you can get away with the law, fucking scumbags.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 07:33:08 AM »
A SWAT team.

A bit of overkill, no?

::)

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 09:47:23 AM »
Home of the free  ::) until some wanker in a position of authority is jealous your arms are bigger than his and sends his thugs to terrorize you and your family.  ::)

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 10:50:12 AM »

Do you think Goodram's in trouble?

wonder if he can sue them...

he should

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 10:54:45 AM »
im not a angry person..........but this Brian Surber, i would like to stab him :-X :-X

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 10:57:39 AM »
"This appears to be the true in the Maryland case as well. OBNDD’s Brian Surber told the suspect’s employer (U.S. Secret Service) that since the Agent was big and muscular that he must use anabolic steroids. Surber even tried to convince the suspect’s wife that someone who workouts out and is that muscular and lean must use steroids."

Must be a memebr here at GetBig :)

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 11:07:49 AM »
dollars to donuts

what a lame expression

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 11:16:19 AM »
What if all the IFBB pros got their houses invaded by swat teams 1 week out of the olympia.
 :D

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 11:17:50 AM »
What if all the IFBB pros got their houses invaded by swat teams 1 week out of the olympia.
 :D

That would not be a problem since IFBB pro bodybuilders do not use any drugs, as per the rules of the IFBB. The SWAT teams might trip over the bottles of Gakic and Leukic causing their weapons to misfire though.  :P

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2009, 11:26:12 AM »

So what happened to this Brian Surber guy....he was fired, right?
just not good enough

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2009, 12:42:43 PM »

Really? You don't see the ramifications if LE is allowed to get away with this? What next, your home will be raided for pot if someone decides that he thinks your stoned? This is on par with the Kelo decision in regard to government totalitarianism. 

Another pathetic attempt of trying to discredit me. The masses are with you but time is on my side. The more you talk the more you expose yourself for the idiot that you are.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 01:00:14 PM »
That's some fucking bullshit.....
HAHA, RON.....

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 01:56:42 PM »
Another pathetic attempt of trying to discredit me.

No, I just thought your thread sucked ass.  Not trying to "discredit" you.  You are f'n weird, dude.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2009, 06:22:59 PM »
You are f'n weird, dude.

Perhaps. I'm still trying to come to terms with your admission that you are a corporate lawyer. Like I said, I take you at your word. What puzzles me is that how do you have the time, as well as the inclination, to spend so much time on this board. And especially your very aggressive posting style in which you ridicule and criticize, always with gay imagery, other posters who have done nothing to you. Like you are always trying to pick fights.

A corporate lawyer seems like a very demanding, time consuming, often stressful career. That in addition to your training regime would seem to be more than enough. I understand a little intellectual slumming as a break and to relieve stress but your ID (according to your registration date) has been on this board less than 2 years ago and you already have over 6,100 posts!

I mean, seriously.