Author Topic: man takes 3 thousand mcg of t4 per day for 3 years and no ill side effects  (Read 1329 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Thyroidology 1993 Aug;5(2):61-6

L-thyroxine overdose: a case of marked, severe, prolonged, excess ingestion and review of the literature.

Shapiro B, Gross MD, Geatti O.

Division of Nuclear Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109-0028.

A case of a man with thyroid cancer who ingested between 0.9 and 3.3 mg l-thyroxine per day for over 10 years (the highest dose for 3 years) is reported. This had been prescribed for suppression of TSH for a well differentiated thyroid cancer. He was essentially asymptomatic and suffered no apparent ill effects from this prolonged and markedly excessive dosage of l-thyroxine. The literature lists a wide range of ill effects from both chronic and acute thyroid hormone overdosage but also records many examples of tolerance to excessive levels of exogenous thyroid hormone. The various circumstances leading to thyroid hormone overdose and potential ill-effects are reviewed.

dustin

Wat about permanent shut-down, brah!!1!1one1!2 ;D

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
on a personal note, yesterday i bumped up to 50mcg, and my skin felt like it was on fire, it kind of subsided today though.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
It was T4 so it's a bit different than taking T3.

dexterJ

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
its like BS why some of ifbb pro last year beforeshow too much t3,becouse he fuck the dosage...funny story..BS

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
It was T4 so it's a bit different than taking T3.
mistype, corrected it.

dustin

its like BS why some of ifbb pro last year beforeshow too much t3,becouse he fuck the dosage...funny story..BS

I think that was Luke Wood. Training under the dangerous tutelage of Mishko and got his infamous training "flu". He said the T3 he was taking wasn't in the mcg range, it was in the MG range and he was literally burning to death... I'm still curious to see who makes this magical T3 that comes in overdosed that hardcore. ::)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
I think that was Luke Wood. Training under the dangerous tutelage of Mishko and got his infamous training "flu". He said the T3 he was taking wasn't in the mcg range, it was in the MG range and he was literally burning to death... I'm still curious to see who makes this magical T3 that comes in overdosed that hardcore. ::)

I could see how a mistake in dosing could happen on the part of an UG lab. They can't even get products dosed in the mg's correct a lot of times. But this is assuming they had the product analyzed, which I doubt, but who knows. Story sounded a bit fishy.

Clen and T3 I would always go human grade.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
on the clen idk... cuz clen human grade is expensive and theres legit clen on the ug market for very very cheap.... t3 you can get human grade for dirt cheap though..

ug clen 1 thousand 40mcg tabs less than $200
hg clen 100 tabs 40mcg $200

LOL

ug t3 500 15mcg tabs around $100
hg t3 300 25mcg tabs around $100

dustin

I could see how a mistake in dosing could happen on the part of an UG lab. They can't even get products dosed in the mg's correct a lot of times. But this is assuming they had the product analyzed, which I doubt, but who knows. Story sounded a bit fishy.

Clen and T3 I would always go human grade.

That's true but on the proportion that Luke's talking about, that's ludicrous. His trainer Milos should know better than to train his guys using shady gear. It doesn't add up. No one is going to overdose something such a massive proportion like the one Luke said.

Milos probably had him banging back too much slin pre workout or something messed up. It happens to a lot of his guys, they try peaking but they end up just getting sick. I wonder what else Milos has them doing with their drug regimen.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
You can take as much T4 as you want.  Your body will only convert what it needs to T3.  Rest is just a waste.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
That's true but on the proportion that Luke's talking about, that's ludicrous. His trainer Milos should know better than to train his guys using shady gear. It doesn't add up. No one is going to overdose something such a massive proportion like the one Luke said.

Milos probably had him banging back too much slin pre workout or something messed up. It happens to a lot of his guys, they try peaking but they end up just getting sick. I wonder what else Milos has them doing with their drug regimen.

I don't know what kind of relationship Milos had with Luke but a lot of times guys will do things with drugs out of their own behest and it's not the fault of the guru. The trainer and guru just tries to make sure there aren't any major mistakes made and lets the athlete do what he usually does as far as dosages and brands of products taken. So I wouldn't necessarily say what Milos said was a lie. I mean it's a lot of work for the trainer to check each product, check that it's a good brand etc. Even with diet, if Melvin Anthony brags he eats hotdogs and burgers all the way to the show it's probably not on the recommendation of Chad or whoever. You do what you can.

Pros are vulnerable to receiving shit gear, just as everyone else. Likely to be cheap too and go for UG shit instead of HG etc. They aren't exactly the smartest guys around always.

As far as the T3, imagine how little 1mg is - how hard is it for the lab guy fuck up his calculations? Not to mention the API may not be properly dosed in the first place.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

As far as the T3, imagine how little 1mg is - how hard is it for the lab guy fuck up his calculations? Not to mention the API may not be properly dosed in the first place.

exactly.

most scales only measure to 1 gram.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
You can take as much T4 as you want.  Your body will only convert what it needs to T3.  Rest is just a waste.
i used to think the same but i dont think thats true

heres one of about a hundred of these little artcile write ups i found

Seizure in a child after an acute ingestion of levothyroxine.
Tsutaoka BT, Kim S, Santucci S.
California Poison Control System, San Francisco Division, University of California, 94143-1369, USA. btsutaoka@calpoison.org

BACKGROUND: Unintentional ingestion of thyroid hormone preparations is a common occurrence reported to poison control centers. These incidents rarely result in serious outcomes. We report a case of a tonic-clonic seizure occurring in a child after ingestion of a maximum of 3.6 mg of levothyroxine. CASE REPORT: A 3.5-year-old boy ingested up to 41 tablets of 88 microg levothyroxine, which was not discovered until the following day. On the third day after the ingestion, he had a single 5- to 10-minute tonic-clonic seizure. Laboratory results were total thyroxine greater than 24.0 microg/dL; free thyroxine, 5.5 ng/dL; and thyroid-stimulating hormone, 0.03 mU/L. On the following day, the patient had diarrhea and was hyperactive; heart rate was 144 beats per minute, and mild hyperreflexia was noted on neurological examination. Symptoms were resolved 3 days later. CONCLUSION: This is the second case report of a seizure occurring in a child after an unintentional ingestion of levothyroxine. The maximum amount possibly ingested is much lower than that previously reported. Pediatric ingestion of less than 5 mg of levothyroxine may result in serious outcomes.

and read this too=

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/drugs/levothyroxine-076000.htm

lost of cool info in there.