Author Topic: Teenager who survived heart attack and transplant becomes a champion bodybuilder  (Read 1948 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
A teenager who had a heart transplant 18 months ago has wowed doctors - by becoming a champion bodybuilder.

Brave Pete Wallis suffered a heart attack when he was just 13 and waited two years for the life saving surgery.

He underwent the gruelling five-hour operation to give him a new heart at Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Now 16-year-old Pete, from Gosport, Hants, is in great shape and is one of the top young bodybuilders in the country.

He took second place in a regional event and has been invited to the National Amateur Bodybuilding Association competition, which is in Birmingham in November.

Born with a four-fold heart defect called Tetralogy of Fallot's, Pete had survived two major operations and a heart attack by the age of 13.

He took a dramatic turn for the worse in 2006 and in November 2007 was told a transplant was his only hope.

After the operation he had to stay in hospital for six weeks as doctors monitored his recovery.

He said: 'I was scared and worried that I might not make it through the operation but I knew it was something that would be good for me.

'When the operation was over, all I could think about was getting out and getting fit.' 

With four members of his extended family involved in bodybuilding, he decided to get training.

At first Pete could only lift light

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1200903/Heart-attack-teen-survives-transplant-champion-bodybuilder.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0M0PdB8PE

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
inspirational story no doubt, but calling him one of the top young bodybuilders in the country is a bit of a stretch.

spinnis

Now 16-year-old Pete, from Gosport, Hants, is in great shape and is one of the top young bodybuilders in the country.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1200903/Heart-attack-teen-survives-transplant-champion-bodybuilder.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0M0PdB8PE

So hes the only 16 yr old in england that works out??

uberman09

• Getbig IV
raaah those damn vinyl plates filled with shitty concrete and these annoying dumbell bars with screws that take ages to twist.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Brutal child look at 16.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Heart Attack in ten years

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
one of the top jnrs in england trains in our gym, the lad who usualy comes runner up to him is local too....... there both gorrilas, and shock people when they find out there age... must of been 2 kids in that contest, and he came 2nd..

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
No doubt hes getting coverage for having a heart transplant but for fucks sake he doesnt look like he even knows what a weight is,truth hurts,so does heart operations

uberman09

• Getbig IV
No doubt hes getting coverage for having a heart transplant but for fucks sake he doesnt look like he even knows what a weight is,truth hurts,so does heart operations