Author Topic: when removing the needle...  (Read 2980 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
when removing the needle...
« on: July 22, 2009, 09:50:21 AM »
ALWAYS on my delts, blood along with oil comes out.

Deos it mean i didnt hit it deep enough? im using 23g and thats pretty deep...

wtf...

Big Rock.

• Getbig II
  • Quit yer snivelin'
Re: when removing the needle...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 10:11:11 AM »
 I had the same problem with delt injects. Try sitting at the table with your elbow resting on it and your arm at about a 45deg. angle so that the inject spot is relaxed. It worked for me...

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 10:15:12 AM »
Let the needle in the muscle for 10 sec  even when the injection is done, then take it off slowly.
J

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 10:26:26 AM »
Let the needle in the muscle for 10 sec  even when the injection is done, then take it off slowly.
yeah this helps

also you can try the "Z track method"

basicall you pull your skin to the side, then inject, then let the skin move back over... so the hole in your muscle from the needle does not line up with the hole in your skin.. so even if it wants to leak, it cant

dustin

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 10:26:42 AM »
Only had that happen once or twice, too much pressure in there. Pull a small air bubble into the syringe and let it sit atop the oil, just between the oil and the bottom of the plunger. Inject a tiny air bubble in that and not only will it ensure that everything is injected, it should help with the built up pressure and keep everything contained in the injection site.

This doesn't work so well when you pin things at an angle like lats though, sometimes the bubble can go to the needle before you have a chance to inject the solution. It's good for anything you don't pin at a fucked up angle though.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 02:04:06 PM »
is that leakage something to worry about?

i mean losing some mg's.

TooMuchMuscle4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 02:20:07 PM »

i mean losing some mg's.

You're always gonna lose a little bit in the barrel.  So yea, I'd say it would make a diff.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 02:47:26 PM »

i mean losing some mg's.
well if you lose 2 mgs and your injecing 10 mg... then you just lost 20% of yoru gear. but if you losing 2 mg but your injecting 250+mg..then its less than 1% and it doesnt even matter.

so it depends, but most likely its irrelevant.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 11:10:29 PM »

wtf...

23 G isn't the length of the needle
TEAM Nasser

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 09:48:51 AM »
well if you lose 2 mgs and your injecing 10 mg... then you just lost 20% of yoru gear. but if you losing 2 mg but your injecting 250+mg..then its less than 1% and it doesnt even matter.

so it depends, but most likely its irrelevant.

Exactly.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 06:43:01 AM »
i have a alchohol swab already opened right before i do my shot ,soon as the test is injected into my thigh and the pin comes out( i pull the needle out as soon as the plunger is empty) the alchohol pad is pressed on the shot site, easily less then a 10th of a second or so this way the achohol pad prevents me from losing any test. then i rub the pad on the area in a circuler motion with some force to get the test to spread out alittle, then after about a minute or less i smack the band aid on it for good measure.
R

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 07:14:56 AM »
i have a alchohol swab already opened right before i do my shot ,soon as the test is injected into my thigh and the pin comes out( i pull the needle out as soon as the plunger is empty) the alchohol pad is pressed on the shot site, easily less then a 10th of a second or so this way the achohol pad prevents me from losing any test. then i rub the pad on the area in a circuler motion with some force to get the test to spread out alittle, then after about a minute or less i smack the band aid on it for good measure.

I do the same it's a good method.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 07:41:19 AM »

Agreed

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 12:43:41 PM »
I usually leave the needle in for a minute once the barrel is empty, then I have a swab to cover immediately. I don't usually get blood unless I go through a vein on the way in. I mostly do thigh injects.

Yes, I will usually wait about 10 seconds after barrel is empty, lets the pressure subside and the gear to disperse a bit.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 08:52:04 PM »

also you can try the "Z track method"

basicall you pull your skin to the side, then inject, then let the skin move back over... so the hole in your muscle from the needle does not line up with the hole in your skin.. so even if it wants to leak, it cant

QFT

works every time.......

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 09:00:33 PM »

wtf...

just break the needle of so it plugs up the hole :D

bench

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 09:59:02 AM »
just break the needle of so it plugs up the hole :D

bench

when they did an autopsy X-RAY on howard hughes after he died..........the doctors were literally amazed when they viewed the hundreds of broken-off hypodermic needles scattered throughout his body, and obviously concentrated in the arms. :) :)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 04:12:51 PM »
when they did an autopsy X-RAY on howard hughes after he died..........the doctors were literally amazed when they viewed the hundreds of broken-off hypodermic needles scattered throughout his body, and obviously concentrated in the arms. :) :)
he was ironman!!!!

bench

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 05:02:01 AM »

That is so wierd, why did he have the needles broken off in him?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 05:19:09 AM »
x2 I wait a good 20 seconds and withdraw real slow , that stopped it all togeather.

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 06:14:37 AM »
x3.. i usually wait a good 10 to 15 seonds b4 taking the needle out...a lot of times you see oil on your injections spot because it was the oil pushed out while trying to get the air bubbles out...anyways, 10 to 15 seconds is good enough

dustin

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 10:31:02 AM »
I'm telling you guys again, just pull a small air bubble and the muscle, fascia and skin will close in and you won't lose any gear or have leaks. Why leave a needle in there for what feels like an eternity?

When I pin, I just want to get that shit in there, pull that fucking needle out, give it another little swab and go fuck off lol. I'm not gonna sit there twitching forever with needles in my body for no reason. I never have oil in the vial or dribbling out, ever!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 04:01:43 AM »
I'm telling you guys again, just pull a small air bubble and the muscle, fascia and skin will close in and you won't lose any gear or have leaks. Why leave a needle in there for what feels like an eternity?

When I pin, I just want to get that shit in there, pull that fucking needle out, give it another little swab and go fuck off lol. I'm not gonna sit there twitching forever with needles in my body for no reason. I never have oil in the vial or dribbling out, ever!

Maybe he's into accupuncture..

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 02:15:52 PM »
That is so wierd, why did he have the needles broken off in him?

well, he was a drug addict for years and years.............inject ing different forms of morphine, ect......all prescribed by his in house doctor of course...............aft er a while, your veins start to collapse, your skin gets hard and scared.............plus he was certifiably insane and very very weak.............maybe he was embarassed, so he tried to do it him self alot,,,,,,,,,, he would sit in the same darkened hotel room for years on end, never seeing the light of day..........probably re-using needles.........some would break off right in his arm, and he was so far-gone he no longer even cared..im supposing

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 03:52:43 PM »
what a stand up guy