Author Topic: Which Whey?  (Read 9616 times)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Which Whey?
« on: July 22, 2009, 05:53:08 PM »
I go into Wal-Mart, and Target, and supermarkets only to see $13-$17 bottles of 2lb Whey Protein.I know all of these companies dont do there own blending.So you have them paying the blenderto blend-manufacture the product, then they have to sell it to the store.So it has to pass through 3 hands, before it hits the consumer.It is mathmetically impossible to manufacture a product with 75% Whey Protein like they claim and still make a profit.Unless, everybody is only making a $1 a bottle which I know is not the case.The reason this angers  me, is they are selling product, that will never make label claim and misleading consumers.It would be like going to the gas station and paying for high octane racing fuel and getting only pump gas.
Ask Dante, or anybody.Good quallity Whey protein costs, a good amount of money to make.There isnt a protein fairly that makes this magical cheap Whey Protein.A good quality 2lb Whey Protein should retail for around $29-$34 per bottle.
Fellas, dont buy this shit at Walmart, or Target, because this is not good quality protein.
I have purchased several bottles, from these stores and I am going to have them assayed, and I will post the assays on my website.I am going to Assay, Body Fortress, EAS,Pure Protein,and Six Star protein.
I have seen independent lab assays from Body Fortress protein and it came uo only being 38% protein.
We are talking about consumers paying $14 a bottle for a $3.50 bottle of protein.
The sad reality is, companies like AST, Bio-plex, and True Protein look greedy because they are making 'real " proteiin powders that costs more money to make.How can companies like myself, and the others I mentioned when what they are selling is garbage.A bottle of AST VP2 retails for $49, but sells for $31 on BODYBUILDING.COM.This is more then twice the price of Body Fortress for a 2lb bottle of protein.The diffrence is one is 90% protein the other is 38% if your lucky.
The poor consumers, think they are getting a bargain, but they might aswell just buy powdered Milk .It will be cheaper, and probably have more protein.
When these lab assays hit the web, these companies will scatter like ants, lol.When they claim 23grams of protein and the lab assay comes up at 7-10 grams of protein.WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO SAY???????????

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Which Whey?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 05:57:18 PM »
post the assays, whether they prove you right or wrong.  I'm very interested in seeing what WMT quality stuff is like.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 05:57:49 PM »
be sure to post those assays here, i'd be interested to see the results

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 06:00:46 PM »
All The Whey Isolate 5lb - $39

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER 28.4 grams

Analyte Result
================================================
MOISTURE 1.51 g
ASH 0.80 g
CALORIES 106.82 Kcal
TOTAL FAT 0.49 g
TOTAL-CARBOHYDRATE CONTENT 0.60 g
PROTEIN COMBUSTION X 6.38 25.00 g

Approved by: Michael K. Grob, Inorganic/Microbiology Dan'Connell,Organic
Laboratory Manager New Ulm, MN Laboratory Manager New Ulm, MN

Blows Optimum Out of the water. Best deal on quality Isolate. I'm sure their margins are low but they are banking on volume... and they deserve it. They are not just a reseller, they MANUFACTURE the protein. You can order up to 50lb directly from the site and many Wholesalers carry their 5lb tubs. These guys are going to be THE dominant force in the hyper competitive whey market.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 06:01:11 PM »
I read it, post it, thanks

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 06:13:02 PM »
post them. excellent idea.

Alex23

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 06:19:09 PM »
This way.

Game Time

• Getbig III
  • Go out fatboy
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »
I would be interested in TrueProteins products.  I along with many others use that company...if I have been buying powdered garbage for the last few years I will be rattled.  Call the LAWYER!!!!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 06:30:45 PM »
I don't think you will post any assay on your site. Simply because you'll be threatened with a lawsuit immediately.

Prove me wrong.  ;)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 06:41:52 PM »
i've been using "your" formula when looking at powder.  grams of protein / serving size = .9 or better.

helps a lot.
Deep Tissue Massage

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 06:50:19 PM »

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 07:11:34 PM »
Be sure to test teh wehy
A

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 07:12:20 PM »
If someone is selling products that don't have what their labels claim they do, we should get Big Wes to take them to the Broken Jaw tavern to teach them a lesson.

Grenade

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 07:28:39 PM »
If someone is selling products that don't have what their labels claim they do, we should get Big Wes to take them to the Broken Jaw tavern to teach them a lesson.

and give Big Wes a halo-test shot while your at it :D

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 07:49:12 PM »
You know Van Bilderass, a company cant sue you or do anything if you post an indepoendent lab assay.How can they force you to take it down? As long as its indepedent, and you can prove it there hands are tied.
This happened about 12 years about with the true protein bar.Bill Phillips had it assayed and it came up 30 grams of carbs, and they only claimed 6 grams.The reason for this is up until I think it was 1999 protein companies didnt have to count glycerin as a carbohydrate.Why do you think back in 1998 all protein bars only had 6 grams of carbs, and now they have 30??? Glycerin counts as a carbohydrate.
Bill Phillips posted his results and there was nothing True Protein could do.
They could threaten me but in the end, if they have a smart lawyer, they wouldnt pursue anything.
An independent lab assay is not slander, if you just post the assay, and leave the consumer to make there own decision.
Now if I posted a lab assay, and said this product sucks, and is junk,I would have my ass handed to me on a plater.
But if something is a legal document,  is independent, and is factual, there is nothing they can do....Nothing

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 07:54:46 PM »
Game Time, I personally will gurantee trueprotein.com will always make lab assay.I know where Dante gets his raw materials, and he doesnt take short cuts.Trueprotein.com is one of the best blenders in tyhe industry.
Body Fortress, will never, make lab assay.There products are not near what they say.A good deal is only a good deal is if the product makaes label claim.Yes there Whey is $13.99 per bottle, but when you told you getting 23 grams of protein and your only getting probabvly 7-10 grams, is that really a good deal??????? NO!!!!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 07:57:01 PM »
EAS for sam's club is pretty cheap and good.
A

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 08:04:28 PM »
HTexan,Is EAS prety cheap.But is a product a good deal if it doesnt make lab assay? A product is only a good dela if it makes label claim.A cheap product, with cheap ingredients is nothing to brag about.EAS used to be a high end company.Now they just make mass market crap.I am not one to bash, but at one time Bill Philips and EAS were leaders in the industry, now they are just the lowest priced product on the shelf.

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 08:12:30 PM »
i know body fortress is a bottom feeder protein, but i expect better from six star.. i thought it was similar to nitro-tech b/c it was made by iovate

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 09:52:11 PM »
Six Star is Muscle Tech's low end line.Iovate, has like 6 diffrent companies, and Dr Heur, formulates all there stuff.
Muscle Tech Supplements are expensive, so they developed Six Star to attract the high school kid, or person who is on a tight budget.I guaratee, Six Star Whey is the same thing as Nitro Tech, just a diffrent label and cheaper price.
Iovate,or PauL Gardner is a marketing genious

Drake3d

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 10:08:10 PM »
Body Fortress is made by Nature's Bounty. Who make a ton of the stuff out there including lots of the Walmart and grocery chain stuff as well as Vitamin World, Solgar, MetRx and many more.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 10:13:33 PM »
Chinese whey and creatine or Russian roulette, which is worse?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2009, 10:40:45 PM »
once again getitonny is making a damn fool of himself and making posts with epic contradictions like the jackass he is

stp mentioning trueprotein as if you have any similarities to that company... your right they are legit, but you are most definitely not.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 04:20:45 AM »
once again getitonny is making a damn fool of himself and making posts with epic contradictions like the jackass he is

stp mentioning trueprotein as if you have any similarities to that company... your right they are legit, but you are most definitely not.
What do you mean? any proof ? if hes a fraud then he needs exposing but if its just a personal beef and his stuff is legit then this needs to be made clear also.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 05:40:07 AM »
You know Van Bilderass, a company cant sue you or do anything if you post an indepoendent lab assay.How can they force you to take it down? As long as its indepedent, and you can prove it there hands are tied.

But if something is a legal document,  is independent, and is factual, there is nothing they can do....Nothing

You are wrong. Do the assay, post it and then we'll talk.  ;)

Maybe talk to Mike McCandless first.