Author Topic: Police Union condemns Obama over "stupid" comments.  (Read 19444 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Police Union condemns Obama over "stupid" comments.
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2009, 01:01:13 AM »
he talked (or screamed) shit about their mamas.

they should have walked away, but most men aren't gonna do that.

They take their mamas seriously.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2009, 01:12:26 AM »
he talked (or screamed) shit about their mamas.

they should have walked away, but most men aren't gonna do that.

They take their mamas seriously.

However, is that an arrestable offense?
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2009, 01:16:14 AM »
However, is that an arrestable offense?

it's a gray area with 'disturbing the peace'.

cops have that discretion.  I dont agree with it.  I think it opens up abuses.  But there is no clear law.  There should be one.

How loud was gates?  if he was screaming at them, he opened up the door to 'disturbing the peace' charge.

Sounds like both the cop and Gates were a-holes to each other.  "Sir, please step outside" was the request.  His reponse was to decline, and insult the cop's mom.   He was begging them to take action.   None of us in our right mind would say that to a cop after we just climbed in a window at 3 am.

I dont think race had ANYTHING to do with things.  I think a guy refusing their request then insulting their mother is why he ended up in cuffs.

it's tricky.  What happens to our society if everyone yells "F**k you and your mama" to the police when they show up to investiate police calls?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2009, 01:40:28 AM »
it's a gray area with 'disturbing the peace'.

cops have that discretion.  I dont agree with it.  I think it opens up abuses.  But there is no clear law.  There should be one.

I think that's the main issue. Was there an abuse of the authority Crowley had? Was this a dick swinging contest?
If so, Crowley is definitely in the wrong. HE is the officer with the authority to make arrests, as such, he must be held accountable for how he exercises that authority entrusted to him, and using it to settle petty grievances is abuse.

How loud was gates?  if he was screaming at them, he opened up the door to 'disturbing the peace' charge.

Sounds like both the cop and Gates were a-holes to each other.  "Sir, please step outside" was the request.  His reponse was to decline, and insult the cop's mom.   He was begging them to take action.   None of us in our right mind would say that to a cop after we just climbed in a window at 3 am.

We might if we were in our own homes, and not breaking any laws.
Furthermore, ...this wasn't a guy crawling in through a window at 3 am.
This was a man who was approached in his own home, in broad daylight at 12:44pm in the afternoon.

I dont think race had ANYTHING to do with things.  I think a guy refusing their request then insulting their mother is why he ended up in cuffs.

Is that disturbing the peace, or disorderly conduct?
Or is that being rude & arrogant? If rudeness & arrogance were arrestable offenses,
...95% of GetBig would be rotting behind bars, without any chance of ever seeing the light of day.  :-\

it's tricky.  What happens to our society if everyone yells "F**k you and your mama" to the police when they show up to investiate police calls?

Gates didn't yell "F**k you and your momma", ...but even if he had, ...it was already establish he was in his own home. What happens to society when police use the authority they are entrusted with to settle petty grievances, or as a salve to hurt feelings. It would be worse than living in some 3rd world African country where the cops freely walk through communities simply taking what they want, ...whether it be your money, your property, ...or your wife.

With the authority, comes accountability for how it's wielded. That's part of what makes America so great...
the requirement that those entrusted with power & authority, be held accountable for how they wield it.
w

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #204 on: July 28, 2009, 03:35:53 AM »

I agree.
Look at the old lady who was tazered after "agitating" an officer during a traffic stop.
Both cop and old lady were white.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2009, 03:40:54 AM »

Is that disturbing the peace, or disorderly conduct?
Or is that being rude & arrogant? If rudeness & arrogance were arrestable offenses,
...95% of GetBig would be rotting behind bars, without any chance of ever seeing the light of day.  :-\

Gates didn't yell "F**k you and your momma", ...but even if he had, ...it was already establish he was in his own home.

Actually, there is a law called "Curse and Abuse" in certain states... It does allow for people to be arrested for cursing at a police officer.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2009, 04:15:46 AM »
Actually, there is a law called "Curse and Abuse" in certain states... It does allow for people to be arrested for cursing at a police officer.

Does this law exist in MA?
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2009, 04:21:06 AM »

If for nothing else, Gates exposed himself for being a complete jackass. 

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2009, 06:09:19 AM »
If for nothing else, Gates exposed himself for being a complete jackass. 

And an opportunist, and a race baiter and.....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: July 28, 2009, 06:11:17 AM »
Its amazing to me that someone with a PHD can resort tot his type of behavior so quickly.   

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #210 on: July 28, 2009, 06:16:55 AM »
 love it when the left wing nit wits keep saying "he was in his home".The guy FOLOWED the cop onto the porch and kept screaming at him.As far as Im concerned,this is a threat,if ANYONE was screaming at a cop FOLLOWING him after the cop turned to walk away they would be arrested.

Now,we all heard the 911 call.ANYONE still trying to say this was a case of racial profiling?Do we need to hear from nit wits like Michael Dyson on this anymore?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #211 on: July 28, 2009, 06:34:22 AM »
Does this law exist in MA?

I don't live there, so I don't know... You realize you are in the minority anywhere who would defend him.

Did you watch my video? Maybe you should check it out.

Here... I'll repost it.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-303137

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2009, 08:05:31 AM »
this aint a race thing...if the cop was white and arresting a white man for screaming at a cop in his own house...Billy would be defending the homeowner...

I like you billy. You are a firey man and someone i would go to war with in iraq or something. But you are a stone cold racist...no doubt about it

true story...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #213 on: July 28, 2009, 08:32:40 AM »
this aint a race thing...if the cop was white and arresting a white man for screaming at a cop in his own house...Billy would be defending the homeowner...

I like you billy. You are a firey man and someone i would go to war with in iraq or something. But you are a stone cold racist...no doubt about it

true story...

Mal,I know others on here tremble at the thought of being labeled a racist,sorry,I dont.In fact,if guys like you and other Obama supporters didnt think of me a racist,then Id be concerned.

Now,to your point,Id EXPECT  a cop to club me or anyone else for saying "you can talk to my mama outside".I used to be a corrections officer,and Ive seen guys get choked out for MUCH less then that.So,sorry,if that cop was white and the guy was white,Id expect the cop to teach him a lesson.I know you live in LA,I used to live on the east coast and I have MANY friends who are cops,and believe me,if ANYONE white,black,red,green,shot their mouth off to them like that,they would get a beatdown you wouldnt believe.Gates WAS NOT IN HIS HOUSE,HE FOLLOWED THE COP OUTSIDE AND CONTINUED TO INSULT HIM.Now,as a LA resident,how do you think you would have made out treating an LA cop like that?Gates made out pretty well in my opinion and the cop showed much better restraint then most I know.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: July 28, 2009, 02:13:36 PM »
I don't live there, so I don't know... You realize you are in the minority anywhere who would defend him.

Did you watch my video? Maybe you should check it out.

Here... I'll repost it.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-303137

It's because I'm black isn't it?  ;D

Seriously, ...I saw the link. And I completely understand what she is saying.
I don't think you guys are understanding what I'm saying. I'm not commenting on the race aspect.
I'm simply saying ...surely this didn't have to culminate in an arrest. I'm not defending Gates, I'm defending Obama.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: July 28, 2009, 02:16:29 PM »
Mal,I know others on here tremble at the thought of being labeled a racist,sorry,I dont.In fact,if guys like you and other Obama supporters didnt think of me a racist,then Id be concerned.

Now,to your point,Id EXPECT  a cop to club me or anyone else for saying "you can talk to my mama outside".I used to be a corrections officer,and Ive seen guys get choked out for MUCH less then that.So,sorry,if that cop was white and the guy was white,Id expect the cop to teach him a lesson.I know you live in LA,I used to live on the east coast and I have MANY friends who are cops,and believe me,if ANYONE white,black,red,green,shot their mouth off to them like that,they would get a beatdown you wouldnt believe.Gates WAS NOT IN HIS HOUSE,HE FOLLOWED THE COP OUTSIDE AND CONTINUED TO INSULT HIM.Now,as a LA resident,how do you think you would have made out treating an LA cop like that?Gates made out pretty well in my opinion and the cop showed much better restraint then most I know.

This is the problem I have with all of it. The arrest seems punitive to me. Police are supposed to be above this.
w

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2009, 02:21:48 PM »
I actually agree with Obama on this one.  You don't arrest someone at their own home after they established that it is their home.   

That would require Gates producing ID, which he did not.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2009, 02:25:56 PM »
That would require Gates producing ID, which he did not.

Actually he did.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: July 28, 2009, 02:32:12 PM »
it's safe to say both parties acted the fool.

If Gates didn't like being asked to come outside, he should have follwoed the order then filed suit.  He is a top lawyer and could have won some money and an apology.

instead, he comes out talking shit like an uneducated fool, begging the police to beat him up.

Race has nothing to do with it.  maturity and ego do.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #219 on: July 28, 2009, 02:34:59 PM »

Dude, even beyond race, what you are describing are just bad cops. It's not a crime to mouth off to a cop and cops certainly don't have a right to beat people. Maybe you would expect a cop to act like a bad ass in the situations you described, but you should also expect him to face some type of prosecution because he was behaving in an illegal manner.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: July 28, 2009, 02:37:57 PM »
Dude, even beyond race, what you are describing are just bad cops. It's not a crime to mouth off to a cop and cops certainly don't have a right to beat people. Maybe you would expect a cop to act like a bad ass in the situations you described, but you should also expect him to face some type of prosecution because he was behaving in an illegal manner.

Either way, Gates exposed himself to be a complete jackass.  For a someone with a PHD to say "I'll see yo mamma on the porch" is just ridiculous.   

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #221 on: July 28, 2009, 02:43:04 PM »
Either way, Gates exposed himself to be a complete jackass.  For a someone with a PHD to say "I'll see yo mamma on the porch" is just ridiculous.   

Either way, that doesn't justify any and all actions a cop may decide to take.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2009, 02:55:35 PM »
I'm not defending Gates, I'm defending Obama.

I’ll defend him, too.
At 1:10 he clearly states that, “I don’t know…not having been there…and not seeing all the facts...what role race played in that...”

That’s a very clear self-admission that he was not completely informed about the situation and thus is not qualified or justified in drawing any type of conclusion based on anything other than speculation.
His semantics concede that his accusations regarding Crowley, the Cambridge PD, and their association with racial profiling are merely speculative theories at best.

And I can understand the resentment of the police. Nobody likes accusations of stupidity and racism.
It’s somewhat analogous to locking yourself out of your house and then feeling like a criminal when the police stop by to question why you're breaking into your own home.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2009, 03:08:18 PM »
Some people just dont know where entertainment and college classroom ends and real life begins. 

I bet gates just got done listeing to this. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: July 28, 2009, 03:30:21 PM »
Some people just dont know where entertainment and college classroom ends and real life begins. 

I bet gates just got done listeing to this. 

Do you honestly believe that a Harvard PhD of his age, actually listens to this type of music?
...or are you just being a little brat? ...it's hard to tell with you sometimes.
w