Author Topic: Predictions for Night of Champions  (Read 2368 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Predictions for Night of Champions
« on: July 24, 2009, 07:20:43 AM »
WWE Championship - Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship - CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy

Intercontinental Championship - Rey Mysterio vs. Dolph Ziggler

United States Championship - Kofi Kingston vs. Big Show vs. MVP vs. Carlito vs. Jack Swagger vs. The Miz

ECW Championship - Tommy Dreamer vs. Christian

Unified Tag Team Championship - Chris Jericho & A Mystery Partner vs. Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes

Divas Championship - Maryse vs. Mickie James

And who do you think will be Jericho's Mystery Partner?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Predictions for Night of Champions
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 08:03:15 AM »
WWE Championship - Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship - CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy

Intercontinental Championship - Rey Mysterio vs. Dolph Ziggler

United States Championship - Kofi Kingston vs. Big Show vs. MVP vs. Carlito vs. Jack Swagger vs. The Miz

ECW Championship - Tommy Dreamer vs. Christian

Unified Tag Team Championship - Chris Jericho & A Mystery Partner vs. Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes

Divas Championship - Maryse vs. Mickie James

Orton will some how squeek by. (People getting tired of seeing Cena & HHH with the title)
Hardy will beat Punk (WWE's way of trying to get him to re-sign with the company.)
Ray Mysterio will beat Ziggler (Ziggler to be revealed as Jericho's mystery partner)
Big Show will win the United States title (So they can have a star who is a dominate champion on the smackdown brand)
Christian will beat Dreamer (just because)
Dibiase & Rhodes will win the titles (giving them a good push and bringing more gold to the legacy just like the horsemen, evolution & DX days)
Mickey James will beat Maryse (who really cares)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 08:04:44 AM »

Maybe Lance Storm.

It'll be the much anticipated "Thrill-Seekers" reunion!

Then Jimmy Cornette will be announced as the GM of the new Smoky Mountain Wrestling brand that’s replacing (what they call) the ECW division, at which time Cornette will come down to the ring and slap the piss out of Santino again - only this time Santino gets fired because if you had to choose between the two...

:)

Those actually aren't bad ideas compared to what they're currently doing.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 12:26:49 PM »
Then Jimmy Cornette will be announced as the GM of the new Smoky Mountain Wrestling brand that’s replacing (what they call) the ECW division, at which time Cornette will come down to the ring and slap the piss out of Santino again - only this time Santino gets fired because if you had to choose between the two...

I never heard anything about this?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 12:34:51 PM »
WWE Championship - John Cena - Leading up to HHH vs Cena (again) at Summerslam

World Heavyweight Championship - CM Punk - Something dodgy will happen to make Punk the bad guy

Intercontinental Championship - Rey Mysterio - This could be the match of the night

United States Championship - Big Show or The Miz - I can't quite decide here.  Miz has come on well since the Draft, Big Show hasn't held a title for a while now.

ECW Championship - Christian - As Playboy said, just because!

Unified Tag Team Championship - Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes

Divas Championship - Maryse

Can't decide between:
Matt Hardy - still injured?
Miz -
Carlito - just broke up with Primo?
Chris Masters - could be an outside choice.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 01:50:58 PM »
Chris Jericho's mystery partner will be Dolph Ziggler.  ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 02:40:17 PM »
I never heard anything about this?

I think Cornette was booking for one of the WWE farm promotions. Santino happened to be working there at the time.

For some reason, Cornette cracked Santino in the face and was released shortly thereafter.
You can probably find more details online.
I'd love to hear Jimmy's version of what went down.
 ;)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 02:53:32 PM »
I think Cornette was booking for one of the WWE farm promotions. Santino happened to be working there at the time.

For some reason, Cornette cracked Santino in the face and was released shortly thereafter.
 ;)

What actually happened was that when Santino was in OVW (WWE 's developmental territory) run by Jim Cornette, The boogie man was making an entrance. Santino was in the crowd with other OVW traniee's and was supposed to act scared / terrified when Boogie man cam out. He laughed instead. Cornette approached him in front of everyone and slapped him. Vince heard about this and fired Cornette for unprofessional conduct. 

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 04:08:18 PM »
Forgot this one.  Not that it matters much...  :P

Women's Championship - Michelle McCool vs Melina

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 04:09:57 PM »

;)

What actually happened was that when Santino was in OVW (WWE 's developmental territory) run by Jim Cornette, The boogie man was making an entrance. Santino was in the crowd with other OVW traniee's and was supposed to act scared / terrified when Boogie man cam out. He laughed instead. Cornette approached him in front of everyone and slapped him. Vince heard about this and fired Cornette for unprofessional conduct. 

I think Santino is awesome, one of the funniest guys they've ever had.  If it wasn't for him helping ZZ Top, their appearance on this weeks Raw would have been a waste of time.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 04:26:49 PM »
Orton is definitely retaining the title. Ted and Cody are gonna win the tag belts. Anyone see the vertical suplex HHH gave Rhodes last Monday night on Raw? Held him up for like thirty seconds.

I'm not so sure on Orton, but if they take it off him, I can't see what they'd do with him going into Summerslam.  And that vertical suplex was pretty damn long!

I cannot understand why they don't use Gail Kim more? She's easily the best athlete of all the Divas.

I don't get this either.  I think part of it is that when she is in the ring, the other Diva's look slow and clumsy.  They need to find the right person to put in there with her.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 07:36:31 AM »
The suplex was definitely sick! Orton is gonna hold on to the title for sure. HHH and Cena don't need a title to wrestle at SS. Legacy is gonna all have gold. There's nothing else to do with Orton. He's gotta stay champion. Question here is? Who's Undertaker gonna face at SS?

I'm not sure if Taker will be back in time.  Although HBK is rumoured to be coming back at SS.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 08:28:16 AM »
I cannot understand why they don't use Gail Kim more? She's easily the best athlete of all the Divas.

Ross was always high on her.
Why did Vince let her go a while back (when she was in TNA)?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 04:42:47 AM »
Orton is definitely retaining the title. Ted and Cody are gonna win the tag belts. Anyone see the vertical suplex HHH gave Rhodes last Monday night on Raw? Held him up for like thirty seconds.
That was awesome....shades of Davey Boy Smith.