Author Topic: (24th July) - Love Or Hate?  (Read 8092 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: (24th July) - Love Or Hate?
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 03:37:14 AM »
It’s not limited to who you can relate to, but who is entertaining enough for you to watch.

Vince is a billionaire. And notwithstanding my own 7 figure income bracket as a standard Getbigger, I still cannot relate to him, but I always enjoyed his character on TV. ;)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 04:26:58 AM »
It’s not limited to who you can relate to, but who is entertaining enough for you to watch.

Vince is a billionaire. And notwithstanding my own 7 figure income bracket as a standard Getbigger, I still cannot relate to him, but I always enjoyed his character on TV. ;)

Hey, I make 7 figures too  ;D

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 07:27:57 AM »

When he was the commentator he didn't bring that whole Mr. McMahon billionaire act. I think he was one of the best though. As for JR and King. I don't like y'all. I'm from NY I don't do y'all. Y'all isn't something we say here. We don't wear Cowboy hats here. JR targets one crowd of people. Southeners. Same with the King. No it doesn't make me watch the show less. But they are definitely directed towards Southeners. 

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 07:44:37 AM »
When he was the commentator he didn't bring that whole Mr. McMahon billionaire act. I think he was one of the best though. As for JR and King. I don't like y'all. I'm from NY I don't do y'all. Y'all isn't something we say here. We don't wear Cowboy hats here. JR targets one crowd of people. Southeners. Same with the King. No it doesn't make me watch the show less. But they are definitely directed towards Southeners. 

It's interesting how you see this, with them being directed towards southerners.  I'm in the UK, and it doesn't bother me how they talk.  They're just talking, and I'm just listening, but maybe that's due to me not recognising the different accents across America as much.

Although, I hate the term y'all.  It always reminds me of the rednecks from Simpsons!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 09:35:20 AM »
Hey, I make 7 figures too  ;D

Great!
Let's go bowling and have high-priced prostitutes pay US for having sex.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 10:01:14 AM »
You do raise a very good point here. J.R being from oaklahoma and King being from Tenessee. Lol..."ya'll"..... :) We find that kind of talk here in Toronto a joke.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009, 12:39:27 PM »
You do raise a very good point here. J.R being from oaklahoma and King being from Tenessee. Lol..."ya'll"..... :) We find that kind of talk here in Toronto a joke.
To me the entire package known as WWE is a mess. They need someone to give interviews like Mean Gene used to. Just one title for every division. And most importantly. Bring the soap opera theatrics back in. It's a simple formula that they lost long ago. Slow the pace down.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2009, 12:59:32 PM »
To me the entire package known as WWE is a mess. They need someone to give interviews like Mean Gene used to. Just one title for every division. And most importantly. Bring the soap opera theatrics back in. It's a simple formula that they lost long ago. Slow the pace down.
They also need to wrestle more. Too much talk. Ring entrances take for ever. Watch Randy Orton go to the ring.....it takes him 10 minutes to get there. The 90's attitude era rocked. Who will ever forget Austin diving off a zamboini onto Vince? Or Austin hitting Vince over the head with a bed pan? Or the rock with his classic one liners / catchphrases? Too bad...we'll never see that again.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2009, 03:30:05 PM »

then ya'll need to stay out of the south..... ;D

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2009, 03:46:52 PM »
They also need to wrestle more. Too much talk. Ring entrances take for ever. Watch Randy Orton go to the ring.....it takes him 10 minutes to get there. The 90's attitude era rocked. Who will ever forget Austin diving off a zamboini onto Vince? Or Austin hitting Vince over the head with a bed pan? Or the rock with his classic one liners / catchphrases? Too bad...we'll never see that again.
The ring talk is what my least favorite part is. Plus John Cena and the misuse of Gail Kim. Those are other issues though. They need someone to navigate the interviews and really make it more professional. Someone to put fuel on the fire. Make it more dramatic like Gene did. Keep the interviews outside of the ring and make use of the stadium. They're trying so hard to push Orton but it's not working. Youngest Champ ever. Wrestled Hogan. Wrestled Flair. Undertaker at Mania. All that controversy with the Macs and HHH. He still hasn't crossed over to Superstardom or became Legendary. Sure the show is all about Orton. But he's not in our hearts.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 04:14:30 AM »
The ring talk is what my least favorite part is. Plus John Cena and the misuse of Gail Kim. Those are other issues though. They need someone to navigate the interviews and really make it more professional. Someone to put fuel on the fire. Make it more dramatic like Gene did. Keep the interviews outside of the ring and make use of the stadium. They're trying so hard to push Orton but it's not working. Youngest Champ ever. Wrestled Hogan. Wrestled Flair. Undertaker at Mania. All that controversy with the Macs and HHH. He still hasn't crossed over to Superstardom or became Legendary. Sure the show is all about Orton. But he's not in our hearts.
I totally agree with you there.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 04:47:11 AM »

I agree.  In-ring promos are usually awful.  I'll take the back and forth with an announcer any day of the week. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 05:21:38 AM »
Vince is making a nice chunk of change with the “Classics” era stuff, which to me is a clear indication that fans still love that period.
Wonder if he’ll take the hint and try to make today’s product a little bit more like that.

I’m sure the handful of us here aren’t the only ones who feel this way.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2009, 05:32:09 AM »
Vince is making a nice chunk of change with the “Classics” era stuff, which to me is a clear indication that fans still love that period.
Wonder if he’ll take the hint and try to make today’s product a little bit more like that.

I’m sure the handful of us here aren’t the only ones who feel this way.

Almost everybody I talk to who is old enough to remember that era prefers it.  Seems to me that since there aren't any regional promotions anymore, vince could brand a different fed as more "throwback."  Not the half-ass effort he has put into ECW, but rather a promotion set in the south or midwest that is more of a traditional style of wrestling. ECW looks way too much like WWE.  All that type of promotion really needs is exposure thru a weekly show, Saturday night/evening is perfect in most markets where TV shows are garbage anyway in that time slot.  With the massive amount of wealth, it's not like he couldn't and  I think it would make money.  Why not is my question to him?