Author Topic: Official:Affliction is done. Advetising in UFC now!  (Read 1480 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Official:Affliction is done. Advetising in UFC now!
« on: July 24, 2009, 05:55:25 PM »
Affliction is DONE.   http://sherdog.com/news/news/affliction-clothing-back-in-ufc-fold-18709

Friday, July 24, 2009
by Sherdog.com Staff

Affliction Entertainment has ceased all promotional efforts effective immediately, and has hashed out a deal to become a brand sponsor for its former rival, the UFC.

Yahoo Sports first reported of the industry shake-up, which Sherdog.com also confirmed with numerous sources.

The promotion, which co-promoted two events with M-1 Global in July 2008 and January 2009, cancelled its Aug. 1 show on Friday morning, roughly 60 hours after it got word that Josh Barnett would not be licensed by the California State Athletic Commission to face Fedor Emelianenko in the main event due to an alleged positive pre-test for steroids. The sudden about-face has left 22 fighters left to scramble for new assignments.

M-1 Global represents Emelianenko as both a promoter and management team. Representatives from M-1 Global, all en route to the U.S. on Friday, could not be reached for comment.

In exchange for ad space on the coveted Octagon and its fighters, it was reported that Affliction had agreed to cease all promoting operations. The same deal was presented to Affliction last October, but was rejected by at least one of the company’s executives, said a source who was close to the negotiations.

Affliction began its relationship with the UFC in 2006, sponsoring fighters to wear its popular brand at events. The two companies then fell out over business practices and Affliction entered the fight ga

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: Official:Affliction is done. Advetising in UFC now!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 10:01:59 PM »
game set and match...

the only competition the UFC will ever face is gonna have to come from japan, and with the time difference they'll never have the western worlds full attention....

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 10:07:03 PM »
Started with a bang, ended with a whimper.  Wonder what will come next for Emelianenko?

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 10:21:57 PM »
Started with a bang, ended with a whimper.  Wonder what will come next for Emelianenko?

my guess is M-1 will have him fight his final fight ( he still has one remaining) in japan or Dana will buy out his contract....

aside from Barnett, there's nobody left for him to fight that's not here in the UFC..

I guess they could still pull off a Barnett/Fedor fight in Dream, assuming Dream doesn't test and doesn't care that Josh pissed positive here in the states..

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 08:17:15 PM »
I'd like to see Fedor and Overeem with the UFC.

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 08:28:53 PM »
I don't get the Overeem hype.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 09:41:18 PM »
I don't get the Overeem hype.

me neither...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 09:54:21 PM »
me neither...

He's looked really good in his last few MMA fights. 

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 07:19:31 AM »
He's looked really good in his last few MMA fights. 

He has also pulled out of his last two fights due to injury.
Overeem is good, but if he comes to the UFC he will suck.
He is just another juicer that fights in Japan.