Author Topic: Why do bodybuilding fans get upset when you...  (Read 20259 times)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Why do bodybuilding fans get upset when you...
« on: July 25, 2009, 03:07:13 PM »
criticize this great sport?  ;D Of course you can like it but if you can't see anything wrong with it then you are delusional.  :-\ For example, why get mad if somebody says "man in a thong" or "drug abuser" or "bodybuilders have self-esteem problems", those are or might be atleast in some way true.  :D

Me not understand. Why people have trouble with facts?

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: Why do bodybuilding fans get upset when you...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 03:15:21 PM »
I think it just gets tiresome

"not athletes", "gay", "all shrugs"

we get it. thanks

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 03:20:12 PM »

we get it. thanks

I understand. That's a good point.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 04:16:11 PM »

we get it. thanks

lol, can someone post the pic of JJ in his "white singlet" dancing for his dinner?

according to Chick "it is only gay if you want it to be"  ::)
I

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 05:37:32 PM »
lol, can someone post the pic of JJ in his "white singlet" dancing for his dinner?

"Sport" or not... whatever you want to call it, making a hobby out of admiring another man's nearly naked body is gay.  So, too, is pumping up your body so you can show it off to other men.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  :D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 05:43:17 PM »
criticize this great sport?  ;D Of course you can like it but if you can't see anything wrong with it then you are delusional.  :-\ For example, why get mad if somebody says "man in a thong" or "drug abuser" or "bodybuilders have self-esteem problems", those are or might be atleast in some way true.  :D

Me not understand. Why people have trouble with facts?

I think people become uncomfortable when we call attention to something that is true but that they have been ignoring or denying, and the natural reaction is hostility. 
Ron: "I am lazy."

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 05:49:36 PM »
I think we get tired of the same old questions/observations
X

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 05:54:19 PM »

According to Chick drugs are only the finishing touch.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 06:31:31 PM »
anybody with two eyes can see there are many problems with bodybuilding today, if you think they have self esteem or drug problems fine but why post here if you think the whole thing is gay

it just doesn't make sense to spend a large portion of your life on a bodybuilding forum when you think the sport is nothing more than gay men in thongs, unless you are gay

why post so much on a forum when your feelings are so negative towards the main topic, which is pro bodybuilding

i think men doing ballet is gay men in tights, that's just one reason i don't post on ballet forums

E
E

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 06:39:31 PM »
anybody with two eyes can see there are many problems with bodybuilding today, if you think they have self esteem or drug problems fine but why post here if you think the whole thing is gay

it just doesn't make sense to spend a large portion of your life on a bodybuilding forum when you think the sport is nothing more than gay men in thongs, unless you are gay

why post so much on a forum when your feelings are so negative towards the main topic, which is pro bodybuilding

i think men doing ballet is gay men in tights, that's just one reason i don't post on ballet forums

E

It's been said many times before, Earl, but just in case you have short-term memory loss:

1)  "Bodybuilding" is not just oiled men in thongs on a stage.  It is also tons of people who lift and diet for health, self-improvment, vanity, or just because they enjoy it.  Most of those people have no interest in geting anywhere near a "bodybuilding stage" as either a competitor or a spectator,  but they still enjoy conversation with like-minded people.

2)  This site is highly entertaining, and at least part of the entertainment involves poking fun at the trainwreck that is pro bodybuilding today.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 06:40:39 PM »
Men in thongs = serious business
No doubt about it...

Shakespeare

• Getbig II
  • Thou Doest Protest Too Much
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 06:45:54 PM »
I dear say, the sight of a man's greasy anus doth raise the alarm bells for common folk.

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 07:13:21 PM »
It's been said many times before, Earl, but just in case you have short-term memory loss:

1)  "Bodybuilding" is not just oiled men in thongs on a stage.  It is also tons of people who lift and diet for health, self-improvment, vanity, or just because they enjoy it.  Most of those people have no interest in geting anywhere near a "bodybuilding stage" as either a competitor or a spectator,  but they still enjoy conversation with like-minded people.

2)  This site is highly entertaining, and at least part of the entertainment involves poking fun at the trainwreck that is pro bodybuilding today.
Quoted in the vain hope of skull-penetrating truth.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 07:24:50 PM »
"Sport" or not... whatever you want to call it, making a hobby out of admiring another man's nearly naked body is gay.  So, too, is pumping up your body so you can show it off to other men.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  :D

Amen. Say what you want, but the majority of the crowd at bbing pageants are overwhelmingly made up of men. Whereas at a bikini contest, the same holds true, but the men are there to check out semi-nude women......now what are the men checking out at a bbing show? thought so..... :-\

(Cue angry schmoes in denial....)
HAHA, RON.....

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 07:43:42 PM »

Ok gay whatever makes you feel less like a fucking weirdo.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 08:00:33 PM »

Yes, and people who go to dog shows or zoos or circuses to "admire" animals and their bodies / antics are all into bestiality, right? Believe it or not, not every guy out there who is into bodybuilding, lives to eat and swallow dick, you imbecile.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 08:02:24 PM »
Amen. Say what you want, but the majority of the crowd at bbing pageants are overwhelmingly made up of men. Whereas at a bikini contest, the same holds true, but the men are there to check out semi-nude women......now what are the men checking out at a bbing show? thought so..... :-\

ok Bay.......
No doubt about it...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 08:12:37 PM »
Sport. LOL.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 10:14:03 PM »

nobody came here for any of the things you listed, that's what bodybuilding.com is for

getbig's is a pro bodybuilding forum

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 10:15:43 PM »

name one sport where the audience isn't overwhelmingly made up of men

E
E

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 10:28:18 PM »
nobody came here for any of the things you listed, that's what bodybuilding.com is for

Really?  When I first came to getbig it was to find information on bodybuilding nutrition.  I learned a lot and stayed for the laughs.  I couldn't give a shit about pro bodybuilding.

getbig's is a pro bodybuilding forum

Funniest thing you've said in a while, Earl.  ;D

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 10:46:18 PM »
i love to train but never understood how one can be a fan of bodybuilding, certainly not someone who doesnt train.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 11:24:23 PM »

this site is actually the best thing on internet for last few years when it comes to bodybuilding and reality and entertainment in relashion to bodybuilding and in general,,

straight out this is number 1 site on the internet when it comes to weight lifting,,im not aware of any other site where all the professional read and many participate even if on gimmik still not aware of any site where the all ifbb read like this site

the only problem with this site is that women are scated to write ,,they read but very scared   to write because its very harsh ,, then again some of them write with no problem like mike arvilas girl and few more,,many more read

this is the style of this board,,harsh and put you in your place very fast,,which is what attracts everyone here

fallen angel

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 11:56:14 PM »

Actually, being sexually attracted to a male if you are a male makes one gay.  Thanks for playing...now go get some vagina homo. ::)

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 12:07:28 AM »
name one sport where the audience isn't overwhelmingly made up of men

E

You missed the point (again). Most Sports' (not male pageants) spectators are men. True. Let me explain this to you again....Bikini comp. or pageant, crowd made up of straight men = straight entertainment. Men in thong pageants, crowd made up of men = gay entertainment. Nothing wrong with gays watching men strut and dance for them, it's just the way it is.

And you can't compare a real Sport, to a bbing pageant. One is usually made up of Athletes, performing athletic feats (tackling, running, sprinting, dunking, jumping, throwing, et cetera). The other is muscular oiled up men, flexing and dancing. Nothing athletic about it.

Remove your blinders already......

Going to a bbing pageant, is the same as going to a Chippendale's show. The difference is, The Chippendale's are smart enough to get paid for their showing. To many of you, I'm sure you'd be fine going to a Chippendale's show, all while telling yourself, "I'm not gay, I'm just checking out the physiques".  ::)
HAHA, RON.....