Author Topic: Robert Burneika The Verdict  (Read 21152 times)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Robert Burneika The Verdict
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2009, 12:18:45 PM »
NJ Flex wether your natural or use anabolics carb cycling works.The only difference between a natural lifter and a guys who uses steroids is recovery time.a natural bodybuilder can diet the same, he just cant train as much or do as much cardio without loosing muscle.Its very easy for a natural bodybuilder to over train.Thats why most natural bodybuilders look stringy when they compete.They simply overtrain, or do to much cardio.A natural bodybuilder cannot train a muscle more then once a week.Plus when a natural bodybuilder trains, he shouldn't do more then lets say 6-8 sets for tri's or Bi's, and 10-12sets for chest or back.
When your on low carbs, and natural if you have a decent metabolism at most you should do more then 30 minutes of cardio in the morning and 30 minutes of cardio at night.Otherwise your cortisol levels go through the roof .
A inside trick is for natural is to measure your body temperature.Alot of people don't know this but if your dieting and your body temperature drops below 97 degrees, your overtraining and your not going to burn fat.I have over dieted to the point were my body temperature dropped to 96.6 degrees.So I up my calories and decreased my cardio.You cant check your body temperature with a ear thermometer.When your dieting you want to keep your body temperature as close to 98.6 degrees as possible to keep the body in homeostasis.Another things natural bodybuilders should do is use a little salt on there meals while dieting, up until the week of the show.Salt is very anabolic, and the iodine in the salt helps keep your thyroid in check.When I used sodium when dieting I maintained my strength more of my strength for longer periods of time.The only draw back to using sodium with all your meals is you have to drink alot of water to flush out the sodium.We are talking 2 gallons of water per day.Sodium loading works really well if you use it correctly

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2009, 12:19:45 PM »
NJ Flex wether your natural or use anabolics carb cycling works.The only difference between a natural lifter and a guys who uses steroids is recovery time.a natural bodybuilder can diet the same, he just cant train as much or do as much cardio without loosing muscle.Its very easy for a natural bodybuilder to over train.Thats why most natural bodybuilders look stringy when they compete.They simply overtrain, or do to much cardio.A natural bodybuilder cannot train a muscle more then once a week.Plus when a natural bodybuilder trains, he shouldn't do more then lets say 6-8 sets for tri's or Bi's, and 10-12sets for chest or back.
When your on low carbs, and natural if you have a decent metabolism at most you should do more then 30 minutes of cardio in the morning and 30 minutes of cardio at night.Otherwise your cortisol levels go through the roof .
A inside trick is for natural is to measure your body temperature.Alot of people don't know this but if your dieting and your body temperature drops below 97 degrees, your overtraining and your not going to burn fat.I have over dieted to the point were my body temperature dropped to 96.6 degrees.So I up my calories and decreased my cardio.You cant check your body temperature with a ear thermometer.When your dieting you want to keep your body temperature as close to 98.6 degrees as possible to keep the body in homeostasis.Another things natural bodybuilders should do is use a little salt on there meals while dieting, up until the week of the show.Salt is very anabolic, and the iodine in the salt helps keep your thyroid in check.When I used sodium when dieting I maintained my strength more of my strength for longer periods of time.The only draw back to using sodium with all your meals is you have to drink alot of water to flush out the sodium.We are talking 2 gallons of water per day.Sodium loading works really well if you use it correctly

is his nickname 'The Verdict'

like 'the gift' Heath?

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2009, 12:33:37 PM »
Robert Knickname is the ,Lithuanian Giant.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2009, 12:34:38 PM »
Robert Knickname is the ,Lithuanian Giant.

Actually, I think 'the verdict' is pretty good.

jbreezey

• Getbig II
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2009, 12:54:17 PM »
glutamine - you swear by it?  worth the cost?

I was told by my training partner to take it for recovery and GetItOnNy gave me some in preparation for my first show.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2009, 01:00:38 PM »
Seems many people in the past several years have said that Glutamine has no effect on body composition, but GetItOnNy seems to think that it is a miracle supplement. 

Not hating at all John, as I know you have good knowledge and experience, just find it odd that you seem to put so much emphasis on Glutamine, even telling someone in the Johnny Falcon thread that it will cut sugar cravings.
Air Falcon

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2009, 01:56:46 PM »
Well if you look at studies show that 60% of the amino acids found in skeletal muscle tissue is made up of L-Glutamine.So when a muscle is broken how do replenish it? With butter? no lol. L-Glutamine.
I don't sell L-Glutamine but my protein contains alot of L-Glutamine, because L-Glutamine helps repair muscle tissue.
As far as giving Johnny Falcon Advice on L-Glutamine I saved him alot of money because alot of rehab places, have there alcoholic patients take L-Glutamine when they get out.
L-Glutamine has alot of uses, and its relatively inexpensive isn't it? What would you rather buy NO Vapor for $75 or a Kilo of L-glutamine for $30??? The sad truth is the Kilo over L-Glutamine will do a hell of alot more then the bottle of NO Vapor will do for less then half the money.
I don't make any money by telling people to take L-Glutamine, because I don't sell just L-Glutamine.
So my intensions are to sincere

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2009, 02:05:36 PM »
What should you notice taking L-Glutamine? I know it's supposed to aid in muscle recovery, but as far as it aiding in sugar cravings, where does this come from?  Of all supplements on the market, you feel that L-Glutamine should be included in a repetoire, above numerous other things?
Air Falcon

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2009, 03:02:56 PM »
Glutamine does this by several mechanisms. When the blood sugar is low, Glutamine suppresses insulin to stop the further decline of the sugar levels. It also stimulates glycogen (a stored form of glucose) to be released to help increase the blood sugar to normal levels.

Any athleter I mean Any athlete can benefit from L-Glutamine.It is the most underated supplement ever created.

Now to answer your quesion about how its stop the sugar cravings.....
Further, Glutamine is a glycogenic amino acid which means it can convert to sugar for energy production, a process called gluconeogenesis. It is the most important such substance.
These blood sugar stabilizing effects may partially explain why it decreases alcohol cravings, as well as sugar cravings. In studies with alcoholics, 2000-3000 mg 3 times daily decreased the desire to drink, decreased anxiety, & improved sleep. It works best given between meals. Has been used for this purpose in daily doses from 6000-15,000 mg in 3 divided doses. Use upon arising, mid-morning & mid-afternoon between meals.
  Additionally, Glutamine supports pancreatic growth & function, increases the production of pancreatic enzymes, increases pancreatic weight, DNA, & protein content. This would also stabilize blood sugar & indirectly improve overall nutritional status..

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2009, 03:13:16 PM »
I know you have been critical of which companies buy Whey Protein from, is this the same for Glutamine?  Which company would you suggest someone buy L-Glutamine from?
Air Falcon

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2009, 03:46:46 PM »
Well if you look at studies show that 60% of the amino acids found in skeletal muscle tissue is made up of L-Glutamine.So when a muscle is broken how do replenish it? With butter? no lol. L-Glutamine.

Here's the thing: most supplemental glutamine is used up by the gut. It's good for gut health and perhaps immunity. How do you increase plasma glutamine levels? Use BCAAs! BCAAs elevate plasma glutamine way better than glutamine itself. Plus leucine is the anabolic trigger.

If you're going to buy singular aminos buy BCAAs. Taurine may be beneficial as well.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2009, 03:58:09 PM »
Actually van I found a good ratio to take after training and before bed is 10 grams of L-Glutamine, and 5 grams and BCAA's.
I personally take 40 50 grams of L-Glutamine per days, and 20 grams of BCAA's per day.
As far as L-Glutamine goes fermented is the best.
The places to buy L-Glutamine that I trust is trueprotein.com or Bulknutrition.com.
You can also trust companies like AST Research, the owner Paul Delia is a good guy, or Beverly International.
When you take L-glutamine you have less muscle soreness, better recovery.Some people say it makes there muscle look and feel fuller.L-Glutamine doesn't isn't anything fancy, but it does work I don't care what anybody says.
If you take it with BCAA's Its like adding a turbo charger to an already fast motor.It will be alot more effective

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2009, 04:35:19 PM »
Actually van I found a good ratio to take after training and before bed is 10 grams of L-Glutamine, and 5 grams and BCAA's.
I personally take 40 50 grams of L-Glutamine per days, and 20 grams of BCAA's per day.
As far as L-Glutamine goes fermented is the best.
The places to buy L-Glutamine that I trust is trueprotein.com or Bulknutrition.com.
You can also trust companies like AST Research, the owner Paul Delia is a good guy, or Beverly International.
When you take L-glutamine you have less muscle soreness, better recovery.Some people say it makes there muscle look and feel fuller.L-Glutamine doesn't isn't anything fancy, but it does work I don't care what anybody says.
If you take it with BCAA's Its like adding a turbo charger to an already fast motor.It will be alot more effective

If it "works" it's not because it increases glutamine in plasma to a great extent, so the sales pitch of it being good since muscle contain such a large percentage of glutamine is not very accurate - it's not the best way to increase plasma glutamine because it doesn't end up there. That's why it's given intravenously in hospital settings. I believe they use the n-acetyl-l-glutamine form too. It's used by the gut and if you have stomach issues it may be a good supplement to try.

Personally I never noticed anything from it and I tried up to 100 grams a day.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2009, 05:45:45 PM »
Van I don't want to rag on you but looking like this you really have no room to talk.I myself have proved myself on stage,and with the athletes I have worked with.I sponsored and endorsed Troy ALves for many years, and even his first year as a pro.I have worked with of course Robert Bunekia , Frank Mir ,Wanaderlie Silva,Strong man Mark Philipi,Mr USA Middle Weight Greg Peoples, Art Atwood,Professional Fighter The Black Cobra Dewey Cooper, Mr Natural Universe Eddie Wide,Mr Natural Universe Gerry Hughes, top national light heavyweight Manny Torres.I even helped out Bob Chic when he was getting ready for the Masters.This only just a few of the people I am allowed to mention.The others are under contract, and If I was to mention there names, they would be dropped from there contract.A few of them are well Known Muscletech Athletes, a lil hint
Van what is your backround? Show us pics of you competing.If this is what you look like I think you might want to not talk so much and you might want to listen a little.You cant think what you already know
Does this man look like a body you would want to obtain????????????

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2009, 05:57:07 PM »
Van I don't want to rag on you but looking like this you really have no room to talk.I myself have proved myself on stage,and with the athletes I have worked with.I sponsored and endorsed Troy ALves for many years, and even his first year as a pro.I have worked with of course Robert Bunekia , Frank Mir ,Wanaderlie Silva,Strong man Mark Philipi,Mr USA Middle Weight Greg Peoples, Art Atwood,Professional Fighter The Black Cobra Dewey Cooper, Mr Natural Universe Eddie Wide,Mr Natural Universe Gerry Hughes, top national light heavyweight Manny Torres.I even helped out Bob Chic when he was getting ready for the Masters.This only just a few of the people I am allowed to mention.The others are under contract, and If I was to mention there names, they would be dropped from there contract.A few of them are well Known Muscletech Athletes, a lil hint
Van what is your backround? Show us pics of you competing.If this is what you look like I think you might want to not talk so much and you might want to listen a little.You cant think what you already know

I'd say that this was a pretty unncessary attack GetItOnNY...Van said nothing to attack you, and was quite civil in his response.  He is entitled to his own opinion, thus he gave it, saying that he didn't think Glutamine had any positive effects on his performance or body composition.  I respect and thank you for your opinion, but the attack on Van was unnecessary.
Air Falcon

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2009, 06:16:21 PM »

I was only commenting on if and how glutamine would/could work. What does it matter what I look like? Ask anyone who knows about the science of aminos; ask them if what I said is incorrect.

For a guy who actually works in the supplement industry your knowledge base is pathetic. You are not an expert in your own field. You realize I know more than you about your own field, which is the reason for the ad-hominems. You can't debate me on the facts.

Please do the testing on your competitors products and you'll find yet another case where I was right.

hugestatus

• Getbig II
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2009, 06:20:18 PM »
I'd say that this was a pretty unncessary attack GetItOnNY...Van said nothing to attack you, and was quite civil in his response.  He is entitled to his own opinion, thus he gave it, saying that he didn't think Glutamine had any positive effects on his performance or body composition.  I respect and thank you for your opinion, but the attack on Van was unnecessary.

Cant blame NY...Probably annoying to hear people yap yap but it doesnt reflect in their own physique. What NY believes in himself, it manifests itself. He walks the talk basically.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2009, 06:28:30 PM »
Pete Nice, my attack was justified.Van follows me around the board and tries his best to pick apart my posts,for what reason I don't know.I come to this board to give unbiased knowledge only to be badgered by a know nothing idiot.Van when was the last time even walked into a gym? If your going to give advice, make sure you can back it up.What are your credentials? By thick pic its looks like your a musclebear, or a couch potato.
To say you guy absorbs most of the L-Glutamine is like saying most of the gas in your gas gets wasted in the tank.
How can a amino acid that is 60% of skeletal muscle tissue get wasted in the gut.?
I guess you better not take Creatine or BCCA's either because they will get wasted in the guy aswell,lol.Why bother drinking protein drinks, they get wasted in their gut, lol.
Please....Van I forgot more about bodybuilding then you will ever know.Van while your sitting at home with your coach on the porch drinking beers, I am in the gym training or doing research.
Van you might want to join a gym and work out some time, you might learn a thing or two,lol
I cannot get over this pic.I cannot believe I am arguing with a loser.Van do you realise this pic totally owns you? lol
Is that wood paneling in the backround? lol.How long have you owned those glasses? Didn't woody Allen wear those glasses in the 70's?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2009, 06:39:43 PM »

How can a amino acid that is 60% of skeletal muscle tissue get wasted in the gut.?
I guess you better not take Creatine or BCCA's either because they will get wasted in the guy aswell,lol.Why bother drinking protein drinks, they get wasted in their gut, lol.

This comment shows your ignorance. That you don't know this about glutamine is absolutely amazing. I could post articles about glutamine by experts such as Layne Norton (has done published research on amino acids) or Lyle McDonald (who wrote the "bible" on protein and which is even sold by Dante's True Protein site) but it would be wasted on you.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2009, 06:47:59 PM »
Van you always post literature by someone els,e because you don't know yourself,lol.You look things up on the internet only to try to prove me wrong.You don't have your own material.Why would you.? I But I bet you got a gun rack in the back of your truck window lol.
I dont care what Layne Norton said.Layne is a smart guy, but he doesnt know everything, does he  .
I am telling you because I have seen with my own eyes, with a acid hydrolysis test how L-Glutamine digests in the stomach.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2009, 07:16:52 PM »
Van you always post literature by someone els,e because you don't know yourself,lol.

So what? What original ideas have you pioneered? Are you a scientist? Where are your published research papers? Was it you that discovered than 60% of muscle tissue is glutamine? Don't tell me that I'm regurgitating others' data when everything you post about supplements is gathered from supplement company promotional materials, not even scientific data. You scam newbies by selling ephedra leaf, think gamma oryzanol is a great supplement and on and on.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2009, 08:30:42 PM »
Van, I don't believe in Gamma O, ,who said I did? Don't sell it do I? Now about the Ephedra Leaf, we only make that product for Bodybuilding.com and GNC,because they both will not carry EPhedra Alkaloids, because there insurance will not allow them to carry it.Even though my insurance will cover up to 4 million per occurrence.So I am stupid for making a product that they want?They wanted a product that worked that have Synephrine ,Caffeine, Aspirin , and Ephedra Leaf.It actually works and sells quite well.If a person wants Ephedra Alkaloids, I have a product that has 25mg per capsule.At least When I sell Ephedra Leaf,I put Ephedra Leaf on the bottle.I am not misleading people.
As far as L-Glutamine everybody that knows anything about it knows that 60% of skeletal muscle comes from L-Glutamine.
I could tell you alot more about about L-Glutamine, but information should be sold not told.
I have done alot for this industry, and endorsed alot of athletes to help them take there physique to the next level.
I don't take from this industry I give.I give my knowledge,secrets to up and coming athletes , because I am retired.
Just like when I was younger I had older athletes teach me the ropes.This is how bodybuilding evolves and this is how bodybuilding continues to be a sport

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2009, 09:36:50 PM »
hazbin once posted he got those great arms by keeping them flexed between sets.  i'm having great success with this technique.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2009, 09:53:59 PM »
Hazbin has a awesome physique.He has a body like a top level 1990's bodybuilder.The reason I say this is ,because he has lean quality dense muscle.Todays bodybuilders, because of insulin, look more washed out.Hazbin has muscle that has good tie in and flows together well.He has a very balanced, and symmetrical physique.I wish I had his round muscle belly's and small bones.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2009, 10:51:35 PM »
hugestatus
Getbig II

« Reply #116 on: Today at 06:20:18 PM » Quote 

Cant blame NY...Probably annoying to hear people yap yap but it doesnt reflect in their own physique. What NY believes in himself, it manifests itself. He walks the talk basically.

Thank you Hugestatus,I am glad to see somebody understands what I am trying to do.I don't come on this board to get in disputes and argue with people.I come on this board to share my knowledge and passion for the sport of bodybuilding.
It sucks that one person has a personal vendetta against me because of there lack of drive or accomplishment in there life.
Thats why I don't post alot on this board, to much negative energy.If there was more positive people I would post more and share more knowledge and secrets.To those of you to im me positive responses thank you