Author Topic: Police questions  (Read 3553 times)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Police questions
« on: July 27, 2009, 05:40:09 PM »
What is the best kind of agency to work for?  (troopers, city, county, sheriff, transportation authority, other, etc)

Is there a such thing a private police officer?  (No, I'm not talking security guard.  I mean full police power but employed by a private company.)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: Police questions
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 05:51:30 PM »
What is the best kind of agency to work for?  (troopers, city, county, sheriff, transportation authority, other, etc)

Is there a such thing a private police officer?  (No, I'm not talking security guard.  I mean full police power but employed by a private company.)
best kind of police to work for is usually transportation authority (like metro police, or rapid transit). whatever you pick make sure they are civil service.

and yes there are private police, but they are pretty rare these days.

bench

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 06:05:10 PM »
best kind of police to work for is usually transportation authority (like metro police, or rapid transit). whatever you pick make sure they are civil service.

and yes there are private police, but they are pretty rare these days.

bench

I agree.  I was looking at the MD State Transportation Authority.  Above average pay, best cars, nicer uniforms, best jurisdictions, and more exclusive.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 06:06:50 PM »
Check for agencies with the best pension plans (retire earlier at a higher percentage) and look for DROP in their pension plan.
Squishy face retard

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 06:07:51 PM »

Township by far...

City is the worst

No, there are no private officers, unless you count undercover/ vice/  within the state....none under any private company

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 06:08:57 PM »
Check for agencies with the best pension plans (retire earlier at a higher percentage) and look for DROP in their pension plan.

I'm looking into that too.  What do you mean DROP?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 06:10:19 PM »
Township by far...

City is the worst

No, there are no private officers, unless you count undercover/ vice/  within the state....none under any private company
we have 1 private department in the whole state of texas. they sent a recruiter to my police academy and gave us their spill.

bench

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 06:10:27 PM »
i play a cop at least once a weekend

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 06:11:00 PM »
be a capitalist and patriot and work for yourself

Arnold himself used to scoff and mock the other 18 year olds in Graz or Thal or wherever the fuck he grew up in, saying all they'd do was talk about their pensions

and laugh at them

so, to answer, (or not)....get off the fucking public teat
and man the fuck up and create som e goodness as your civic responsibility

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 06:11:13 PM »
What you need to look for is an agency with the 20 yr./ out plan....

Unfortunately, they didn't have one when I was with the Sheriffs Dept years ago....one of the main reasons I left

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 06:13:44 PM »

Unfortunately, they didn't have one when I was with the Sheriffs Dept years ago....one of the main reasons I left

and then get a 20 year security job

many cops need this for alimony and child support as the divorce rate amongst such professionals is much higher than the norm

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 06:14:49 PM »
be a capitalist and patriot and work for yourself

Arnold himself used to scoff and mock the other 18 year olds in Graz or Thal or wherever the fuck he grew up in, saying all they'd do was talk about their pensions

and laugh at them

so, to answer, (or not)....get off the fucking public teat
and man the fuck up and create som e goodness as your civic responsibility

I worked for the gov't before (military) and I wouldn't really be excited about doing it again.  I do like working for a corp. but my job is really hard up for advancement right not and I'm already dealing with thieves/boosters/junkies on a daily basis.  No gun.  Just gloves and occasionally kevlar in the worst neighborhoods.  I figure since cop starting salary (in MD anyway) is almost $10k higher than what I'm making now it may be worth it.  Still mulling it over.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 06:19:30 PM »
and then get a 20 year security job

many cops need this for alimony and child support as the divorce rate amongst such professionals is much higher than the norm

20 yr/ out results in full pension and every other benefit of fullfilling your 20 yr. obligation....working security doesn't.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 06:25:41 PM »
i play a cop at least once a weekend

haha

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 06:28:19 PM »
it all depends on the agency itself.. doesnt matter if its state, county, or city.. talk to people in that department to see what its like..it also depends on what you want to do.. of course the larger the department the more opportunities you'll have..

i went with the nypd because i wanted action, i got it,,and i refused to do stupid bullshit like doing traffic tickets and bothering innocent people.

powermaxx9

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 06:38:43 PM »
they may stick you in DOC first, thats what they did to my brother.

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
  • I did save a life today! My own!
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 07:08:23 PM »
Good pay in it. However it will reak havoc on u and your personal life. Many of my friends have been on the job for a while. They enjoy the work but 85% of them drink way toooo much or are going through a terrible divorce. There is some good literature online regarding studies on police officers compared to other occupations and how much more at risk for disease and depression they are.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 07:16:15 PM »
I'm looking into that too.  What do you mean DROP?
DROP is where you can retire and then still work, so you collect your pension and your salary and then when you officially retire you go to a higher retirement percentage.
Squishy face retard

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 07:19:48 PM »
Good pay in it. However it will reak havoc on u and your personal life. Many of my friends have been on the job for a while. They enjoy the work but 85% of them drink way toooo much or are going through a terrible divorce. There is some good literature online regarding studies on police officers compared to other occupations and how much more at risk for disease and depression they are.

See my post above.  I already deal with scum in the worst neighborhoods on a daily basis with no weapons/back up.  The agency I would go for wouldn't have me with 5 miles of a neighborhood like I'm stuck in now.

How many hours per week do most officers put in btw?

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 07:23:39 PM »
See my post above.  I already deal with scum in the worst neighborhoods on a daily basis with no weapons/back up.  The agency I would go for wouldn't have me with 5 miles of a neighborhood like I'm stuck in now.

How many hours per week do most officers put in btw?

It depends on what state your in, ranking and how long you've been in the department. Guys around here that are fresh out of the acadamy usually work four 10 hour days a week. Im in Central Cali. I do have some friends that are on the Special Gang Unit and they put in about 60-75 hour weeks sometimes, no joke.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 07:25:02 PM »
It depends on what state your in, ranking and how long you've been in the department. Guys around here that are fresh out of the acadamy usually work four 10 hour days a week. Im in Central Cali. I do have some friends that are on the Special Gang Unit and they put in about 60-75 hour weeks sometimes, no joke.
talk about having no life aside of the job.

i hope they re making tons of money at least?

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 07:33:05 PM »

Yeah they make over 100K a year easy but it doesn't mean Shit when they haven't seen their kids in weeks. Not too mention the gang members who threaten their families.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 08:10:37 PM »

Good Move, Bodybuilding pays so much better!
V

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 08:59:47 PM »

i had no life for over 2 years, i was in a special gang unit, and a tactics instructor..........i was a looser! i then went to iraq for 3 months/ and astan for 3 months............and went back to the shit for 2 more years...... this time i really had no fucking life!

bench

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2009, 07:37:02 AM »
20 yr/ out results in full pension and every other benefit of fullfilling your 20 yr. obligation....working security doesn't.

security after working as 20 year cop to supp pension when financial pressures get high dt reasons I mentioned