Author Topic: Does it confuse you when you see bigger people lifting lighter weights?  (Read 10499 times)

Method101

• Getbig V
I can curl 60lbs dumbells for 8 reps with Perfect form but you have all seen how small my arms are (15 and half inches), then you look at Levrone's newest videos where hes only curling 50s and they are killing him, yet his biceps are much bigger than mine. Also Arnold lifted fairly light weights, never saw him bench more than 120kg and never saw him curl more than 60kg barbell.
 :-\

It's all drugs/genetics...  :-\

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
I can curl 60lbs dumbells for 8 reps with Perfect form but you have all seen how small my arms are (15 and half inches), then you look at Levrone's newest videos where hes only curling 50s and they are killing him, yet his biceps are much bigger than mine. Also Arnold lifted fairly light weights, never saw him bench more than 120kg and never saw him curl more than 60kg barbell.

Maybe your version of "perfect form" is different from theirs... smallest cheat moves make a considerable difference.

io856

method101 is a nerd

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel

lax

• Getbig IV

no, its not

its called concentartion and mind muscle connection

something they engage in and you do not

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
no, its not

its called concentartion and mind muscle connection

something they engage in and you do not

Mike Dusa has a point
Thunderdome approved

Red Hook

• Getbig V
maybe they are more concerned with working the intended muscle and not their back and shoulders.

especially with bicep curls you see people working every muscle except the biceps
I

Method101

• Getbig V
maybe they are more concerned with working the intended muscle and not their back and shoulders.

especially with bicep curls you see people working every muscle except the biceps
the only part my  body that moves is from the elbow down lol, can't get any better form with standing alternating dumbell curls.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
the only part my  body that moves is from the elbow down lol, can't get any better form with standing alternating dumbell curls.

it also depends on when in their work out they are working that particular bodypart

perhaps he already a ton of barbell and other bicep machines and now wants to do concentration curls without you judging him?

I

Method101

• Getbig V
it also depends on when in their work out they are working that particular bodypart

perhaps he already a ton of barbell and other bicep machines and now wants to do concentration curls without you judging him?

i read his workout logs on levrone report, his arms are far bigger than you would expect from the numbers hes lifting.

Then we see guys like Layne Norton who are lifting massive poundages yet their body is smaller than you would expect, your telling me it's because hes not training properly/genetics?
 ::)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
An experienced lifter can make 10lbs feel like 100lbs they have superior mind/muscle connection. , your muscles dont know "weights" only your ego does.
Your muscles grow by feeding them progressive resistence not loading up the bar and swinging like a nut job.

And You shouldnt be going to the gym to look what other guys are lifting , thats just gay..

bigkid

• Getbig IV
I get confused the exact opposite way.  I all the time see kids curling the 50's with smallish arms.  I'm standing next to them maybe doing 40's or 35's and my arms are a pretty lean 17 inches pumped.  Not huge, but fairly big.  I do about 5 sets for biceps.  Never felt the need to do these marathon bicep sessions

Red Hook

• Getbig V
i read his workout logs on levrone report, his arms are far bigger than you would expect from the numbers hes lifting.

Then we see guys like Layne Norton who are lifting massive poundages yet their body is smaller than you would expect, your telling me it's because hes not training properly/genetics?
 ::)

no, what I am saying is a lot of guys do pre-exhaustion before their main work out. So if you say a big guy benching and now using heavy weights you could form the wrong opinion.

That may not be the case with Levrone but their could be other mitigating factors.  Or maybe you are just a beast  :-\

I

peroni

• Getbig III
It's not important how much you lift when you get to a certain poundage but rather how you lift that weight and how you can keep that focus in your mind and the muscle that promotes growth.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
An experienced lifter can make 10lbs feel like 100lbs they have superior mind/muscle connection. , your muscles dont know "weights" only your ego does.
Your muscles grow by feeding them progressive resistence not loading up the bar and swinging like a nut job.

And You shouldnt be going to the gym to look what other guys are lifting , thats just gay..

What he said^

lvtolft

• Getbig III
I get confused the exact opposite way.  I all the time see kids curling the 50's with smallish arms.  I'm standing next to them maybe doing 40's or 35's and my arms are a pretty lean 17 inches pumped.  Not huge, but fairly big.  I do about 5 sets for biceps.  Never felt the need to do these marathon bicep sessions
I feel the same way.  They are trying to do as much weight as possible, and not getting much from it.

BayGBM

• Getbig V

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?

Very true. Beginners cheat to make a movement easier, but experienced lifters can get productive results from cheating as long as they do it "right".

And Method, your arms don't grow from curling 60 lb or 80 lb, although that does help a fair bit - they get more stimulus and growth from your holding /supporting the 400 or even 500+ lb that you deadlift or lift as part of other compound exercises, that engage your whole body and make your muscles work in unison, to move the weight as well as stabilize your body.

spinnis

I can make a 10kg dumbell feel like 20 while curling, so no need to swing away =)

I do go heavier then 10kg though lol.

WHY is it pepople Have to think every bodybuilding should risk injury and throwing around Massive weights?

Arnold probably still have the best chest even compared to the pro's today, and only benched 130kg? so all these "loser" benching 500 pounds and still having a semi crappy chest, kinda proves its just a bunch of BS trying to go so HEAVY :)

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
method is truely not one of getbig's finest posters

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF

But can you feel your biceps going crazy recruiting muscle fibres?

Also Arnold was famously quite strong, supposedly getting up to 8 reps on 405lb at one point for bench.

The videos you've seen are probably from Levrone and Schwarzennegar's repsective "comeback" training, where they had a lot of muscle memory to call upon, and still had a lot of their bulk from when they were huge and trained a lot heavier.

PeteCZ

• Getbig II
You don't have 15 and half inches arms moron.

Stop fooling yourself, don't waste your time by posting these shits and go to the gym

Pecs

• Getbig IV
You don't have 15 and half inches arms moron.

Stop fooling yourself, don't waste your time by posting these shits and go to the gym

that is brutal...

Method101

• Getbig V
I will try and make a mind muscle connection from now on, so far iv just been focusing on getting the weight up with good form. Squeaze at the top more etc.
 :-X

PeteCZ, post a picture or shut the fuck up. p.s why the fuck would i lie about my arms being 15 and a half inches? lol

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
Very true. Beginners cheat to make a movement easier, but experienced lifters can get productive results from cheating as long as they do it "right".

And Method, your arms don't grow from curling 60 lb or 80 lb, although that does help a fair bit - they get more stimulus and growth from your holding /supporting the 400 or even 500+ lb that you deadlift or lift as part of other compound exercises, that engage your whole body and make your muscles work in unison, to move the weight as well as stabilize your body.
Very true , take Kiwi as an example here , if he would of concentraited on doing curls for his biceps and pushowns for his tris without worrying about adding scale weight via diet and getting his compounds through the roof then he would not posses the thick physique with 18 inch plus arms that he does today.
Curling does not give you big arms , getting stronger on the compounds with good form whilst adding over all bodyweight is what will turn those peashooters into cannons.You want to add an inch to your guns expect on average a 15 pound bodyweight increase..dont even bother about what Kevin is doing , he is in another leauge to you and I method